Windows 10: Windows 11 HP / PC HP printer

Discus and support Windows 11 HP / PC HP printer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Good Morning,Trying to connect my HP 24 64BT w/ Windows 11 to my HP Officejet 4315. All-in-One printer. PC settings show as connected to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LauraNigrim, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Windows 11 HP / PC HP printer

Good Morning,Trying to connect my HP 24 64BT w/ Windows 11 to my HP Officejet 4315. All-in-One printer. PC settings show as connected to the printer...in fact, will print the test page, nothing else. Have downloaded proper driver to PC. In device settings, the report shows "no driver installed" Have followed HP suggestions, rebooting router, rebooting computer, changing external USB port connection to different USB port...I am at dead end what to do next.

:)

LauraNigrim, Nov 27, 2021
  2. qubit Win User

HP's Hackable Printers: The Lawsuit

Three days ago, we brought you news of how researchers have made proof-of-concept attacks on HP printers by reprogramming their firmware. Among other things, these attacks could deliberately cause the fuser in a printer to overheat and singe the paper, until shut down by a built-in unoverridable thermal switch, preventing a fire. Now, in light of this, a lawsuit has been filed by David Goldblatt of New York, seeking damages for fraudulent and deceptive business practices and is looking for class action status: "As a result of HP's failure to require the use of digital signatures to authenticate software upgrades, hackers are able to reprogram the HP Printers' software with malicious software without detection," the suit says. "Once the HP printers' software is maliciously reprogrammed, the HP printers can be remotely controlled by computer hackers over the Internet, who can then steal personal information, attack otherwise secure networks, and even cause physical damage to the HP printers, themselves." Note that HP has used digital signatures since 2009 to authenticate the firmware updates, helping to mitigate this potential problem in recent models.

Despite this though, HP still intends to patch the firmware to eliminate threats from this hack, which exploits bugs in the firmware. As these attacks have only actually been demonstrated in the lab and no actual losses have been incurred by Goldblatt, it makes one wonder if he is just using the prevailing American "victim culture" to try and make a quick buck off HP. HP are the top printer brand, mainly because their products are excellent, performing well and lasting a long time, plus other companies' printers and embedded devices have the same problems, so it seems unlikely that he would really not have bought HP printers.

Windows 11 HP / PC HP printer cp1525nw_thm.jpg

Source: c|net

qubit, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Kevin_888 Win User
    HP DeskJet 9670 printer on Windows 10.

Go to the HP Support Web Site as below...

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796879

In my case I then needed to go to Step 3 and working through from there - my printer was NOT in the list so I had to select the bottom option 'Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings' and click 'Next', working through their Online
    instructions from there. The next screen will probably give you the option to update the list of printer drivers on your PC: go for that BUT note that it may well appear to have stopped working as it took perhaps 10-15 minutes to update! Go and make a cup
    of coffee in the interim!

If your printer is on one or other of the HP/Hewlett Packard lists then you should be OK, if not, you will need to ascertain which listed printer is the nearest or recommended substitute one to use. HP should have a list of suggestions if it is not too old,
    otherwise try the 9800, which is the one that I have to use for my 9670 (which is A3).

Good luck!

Kevin_888, Nov 27, 2021
  4. KennyT772 Win User

Windows 11 HP / PC HP printer

GAH HP Printer Probs

i have a HP PSC 2110 that seems on the software level dead. i cant get windows to recognise this thing. the printer itself boots up fine. the printer acts like it is hooked up with the computer but the windows side doesnt work. any ideas?

KennyT772, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 HP / PC HP printer

1. Windows 11 HP / PC HP printer - Similar Threads - printer

2. canon printer black color not printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    canon printer black color not printing: canon printer the black color not printing, the ink is on good level I have tried cleaning the check the nozzle that it might clogged still the color black is not printing, was it possible for me to change the new cartridge? thank you...
  3. canon printer black color not printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    canon printer black color not printing: canon printer the black color not printing, the ink is on good level I have tried cleaning the check the nozzle that it might clogged still the color black is not printing, was it possible for me to change the new cartridge? thank you...
  4. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop: How do I connect a BROTHER Printer to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-brother-printer-to-my-laptop/47e9fb5a-6d75-4d33-ba9a-470e4bf10575
  5. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop: How do I connect a BROTHER Printer to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-connect-a-brother-printer-to-my-laptop/47e9fb5a-6d75-4d33-ba9a-470e4bf10575
  6. How do I Connect A BROTHER Printer to my Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?: I want to be ablew to input my own custom dimensions for a pdf, specificly for example 9.0" x 9.0"or 3.375" x 2.125"or even 1" x 2' how could i go about doing that? ive looked this up before and all I see are default print options for physical printers...
  8. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?: I want to be ablew to input my own custom dimensions for a pdf, specificly for example 9.0" x 9.0"or 3.375" x 2.125"or even 1" x 2' how could i go about doing that? ive looked this up before and all I see are default print options for physical printers...
  9. How can i set up a custom paper sizefor the PDF printer?

10. Printer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer not working: I have a Canon Printer that I've been using for my job and i never had a problem with it before. I was gonna print some files today but it's not working for some reason.it shows ready to print but won't print....