Windows 10: Windows 11 - I have new product key now causing my websites to force me to do 2 factor...

Discus and support Windows 11 - I have new product key now causing my websites to force me to do 2 factor... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Several years ago, I bought a Dell Inspiron desktop with Windows 10, which I upgraded to Windows 11. About a month ago, I started getting messages from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by markborinsky, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Windows 11 - I have new product key now causing my websites to force me to do 2 factor...

Several years ago, I bought a Dell Inspiron desktop with Windows 10, which I upgraded to Windows 11. About a month ago, I started getting messages from Microsoft that my Windows license was about to expire. There was no reason for that; it was a bug. Eventually, after trying many suggestions from reputable websites, which did not work, I found a way to resolve the problem and now have a new activation key. Since the reactivation, whenever I log into Chrome, it asks for my name and password, which I should not have to do over and over. And when I go to websites that

:)

markborinsky, Feb 9, 2023

2. After updaing to build 14251, issue with IE 11 error as "There is a problem with this website's security certificate".

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

· Is this issue specific to particular website?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: troubleshot internet explorer as below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1: I suggest you to follow the below steps from the article
    “Change or reset Internet Explorer settings” and check if it helps.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings - Microsoft Support

Step 2: Follow the steps to clear cache and cookies in Internet Explorer.

• Press ctrl key + Shift key + Delete key on your keyboard.
    • Mark check on appropriate cookies and website data, Temporary Internet Files and Website Files.
    • Click on Delete button.

Method 2: Also I suggest you to try accessing the website through Microsoft Edge and check if the issue persist or not.

You may refer to the below article and check if it helps.

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate" when you try to visit a secured website in Internet Explorer - Microsoft Support

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Karthicka_R, Feb 9, 2023
  3. Microsoft Account set to use 2 Factor Authentication & Authentication Phone App but it doesn't prompt for authentication when signing in to my Windows 10 PC locally or remotely (via RDP).

OK I created a 2nd Microsoft account and setup the Authentication App on an old phone I had lying around for 2-factor authentication.

Step 1

I logged into this website with that account and it prompted me with the Authentication App so 2 factor is setup correctly on the NEW Microsoft Account.

Step 2

I logged in on my Windows 10 PC with that NEW account and it also DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor Authentication.

I tried to log in via RDP and, again, it DOES NOT PROMPT for 2-Factor.

My question remains unanswered.

TylerMason, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Windows 11 - I have new product key now causing my websites to force me to do 2 factor...

Gmail 2 factor authentication change 5/30/22

We use the Windows 11 Builtin MAIL APP to Fetch\Send gmail emails. Is this 2 Step Verification\2 Factor Auth required to continue using that APP for Google gmail? Or, is the Window 11 Builtin APPs' security at a Level nothing needs to be done....?

denmarfl01, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 - I have new product key now causing my websites to force me to do 2 factor...

1. Windows 11 - I have new product key now causing my websites to force me to do 2 factor... - Similar Threads - product key causing

2. How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover my Windows 11 product key?: I recently have reset my Lenovo laptop as it was getting very slow, after the reset when the windows was reinstalled I somehow lost the Windows product key that came with the laptop itself I did not purchase any key from my side. After this incident I taught something might...
  3. Is this website trusted to get windows 11 pro product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this website trusted to get windows 11 pro product key?: I came across this website to get Windows 11 pro and I want to double-check if this website is trusted? It also says tax included which makes suspicious. Here is the website: https://tinyurl.com/5b6bsf9y...
  4. Is this website trusted to get windows 11 pro product key?

Is this website trusted to get windows 11 pro product key?: I came across this website to get Windows 11 pro and I want to double-check if this website is trusted? It also says tax included which makes suspicious. Here is the website: https://tinyurl.com/5b6bsf9y...
  5. Windows 11 - I have new product key now causing my websites to force me to do 2 factor...

Windows 11 - I have new product key now causing my websites to force me to do 2 factor...: Several years ago, I bought a Dell Inspiron desktop with Windows 10, which I upgraded to Windows 11. About a month ago, I started getting messages from Microsoft that my Windows license was about to expire. There was no reason for that; it was a bug. Eventually, after...
  6. Will the windows 10 product key work for Win11 now that I have the new update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the windows 10 product key work for Win11 now that I have the new update.: Hi, I just installed windows to a new PC build I.e., motherboard. I now have windows 11 . Can I use the Win10 prod key without fail?Thanks in advance....
  7. Will the windows 10 product key work for Win11 now that I have the new update.

Will the windows 10 product key work for Win11 now that I have the new update.: Hi, I just installed windows to a new PC build I.e., motherboard. I now have windows 11 . Can I use the Win10 prod key without fail?Thanks in advance....
  8. Will a Windows refresh/reset cause me to lose my current product key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will a Windows refresh/reset cause me to lose my current product key?: Hi,So I have wanted to reset my laptop, preferably doing the option of keeping personal files while removing apps and reinstalling windows. My main concern is that I changed my laptop's product key to have my OS be Windows 10 Education due to being a student and needing the...
  9. I got a new motherboard and now my windows isnt activated, i have lost my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I got a new motherboard and now my windows isnt activated, i have lost my product key: I just got a new motherboard today and installed it, when i turned on my pc it has the activate windows watermark and when i run the troubleshooter does nothing, i lost my product key as i purchased it from ebay sometime ago, is there anyway i can fix this or do i have to re...
  10. I find 2 different product key in my computer. Do both of my product key works?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I find 2 different product key in my computer. Do both of my product key works?: Fact: 1.I found 2 different product key in my computer. 2.The first one is from motherboard, and the second one is from regedit. 3.I use $wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey to query the product key in motherboard. 4.I find the second in...