Windows 10: Windows 11, I often can't press two keys together at the same time, and when I can...

Discus and support Windows 11, I often can't press two keys together at the same time, and when I can... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't press two keys at the same time for very long at all before it stops working. For example, if I wanted to press shift while holding down a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Willow Chartrand, May 29, 2023.

1. Windows 11, I often can't press two keys together at the same time, and when I can...

I can't press two keys at the same time for very long at all before it stops working. For example, if I wanted to press shift while holding down a letter to capitalize them, only the first few will capitalize, and sometimes none will. This happens with any letter. Another example is that Alt + Tab won't keep the popup open. Also, if I try to highlight text it will only highlight a few characters. After a while, the issue will disappear, but then whenever I restart my computer it starts again. When the key issue is gone, I've noticed that uploading or downloading files to and from Chrome will c

:)

Willow Chartrand, May 29, 2023

2. Shift Key and Number key cannot be pressed at the same time.

Hello,

There are several factors why you are unable to use the shortcut keys function such as keyboard settings, or if there is an issue with the keyboard itself. To help you resolve this, kindly try the following suggestions:

• You might have selected an input language other than English. To work around with this, go to
      Control Panel > Region and Language and check. You can also check if your keyboard has a language selection available that may need to be changed.
    • We suggest as well that you reset the keyboard layout by reinstalling the language and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys and type intl.cpl. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Administrative tab and click on
      Change system locale
      button.
    • Select the correct language and country from the drop-down box.
    • Navigate to the location tab and check if region settings are appropriate.
    • Apply the changes and Windows will require a reboot.

Inform us for any updates regarding the issue so we can assist you further.

Regene Jos, May 29, 2023
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, May 29, 2023
  4. Windows 11, I often can't press two keys together at the same time, and when I can...

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 29, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11, I often can't press two keys together at the same time, and when I can...

1. Windows 11, I often can't press two keys together at the same time, and when I can... - Similar Threads - often can't press

2. I can´t press the "S" key and the "↑" ket together.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can´t press the "S" key and the "↑" ket together.: I'm playing a rhythm game Friday Night Funkin and there are times when I need to click the "S" and "↑" keys at the same time, but I can't, because none of the keys work when I do that....
  3. I can´t press the "S" key and the "↑" ket together.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can´t press the "S" key and the "↑" ket together.: I'm playing a rhythm game Friday Night Funkin and there are times when I need to click the "S" and "↑" keys at the same time, but I can't, because none of the keys work when I do that....
  4. I can´t press the "S" key and the "↑" ket together.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 11, I often can't press two keys together at the same time, and when I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, I often can't press two keys together at the same time, and when I can...: I can't press two keys at the same time for very long at all before it stops working. For example, if I wanted to press shift while holding down a letter to capitalize them, only the first few will capitalize, and sometimes none will. This happens with any letter. Another...
  6. I can't press S and D or A the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't press S and D or A the same time: I've never had this problem beforehand, but yesterday when I wanted to play a game that requires the WASD key, I couldn't press the S key and the A or D key at the same time. If I try to press it at the same time, it only registers 1 key being pressed. There's no problem with...
  7. I can't press S and D or A the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't press S and D or A the same time: I've never had this problem beforehand, but yesterday when I wanted to play a game that requires the WASD key, I couldn't press the S key and the A or D key at the same time. If I try to press it at the same time, it only registers 1 key being pressed. There's no problem with...
  8. I can't press S and D or A the same time

9. I cant press two keys together on my keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant press two keys together on my keyboard: I cant press w while holding ctrl on my keyboard can anyone please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-press-two-keys-together-on-my-keyboard/3f784469-00f7-4130-80ed-6c71e7052102
  10. I can't press the "S" and "A" keys at the same time?

I can't press the "S" and "A" keys at the same time?: When I try to press The "A" key while also pressing "S" the keyboard ignores the second input. If I hold both the buttons at the same time, it seems to freeze the keyboard input. For example, if I hold "A" and "D", then start to hold "S", and then let go of "D", the computer...