Windows 10: Windows 11 Immediately Resumes from Hibernate or Sleep

Discus and support Windows 11 Immediately Resumes from Hibernate or Sleep in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the update on windows 11 on may 15th my computer retarts immediately after being put in hibernate or sleep mode. I've noticed at 1:42:02 Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AWeePiper, May 22, 2024.

1. AWeePiper Win User

Windows 11 Immediately Resumes from Hibernate or Sleep

After the update on windows 11 on may 15th my computer retarts immediately after being put in hibernate or sleep mode. I've noticed at 1:42:02 Event Viewer there is an event 42 system is entering sleep.then at 1:42:03 there are 4 events vfpext 7036, 1: filter pause start state; 2.: filter pause complete state; 3: filter detach start state; 4: filter detach complete statethen at 1:42:10 event kernel-power 107 resumed from sleep.All of these events are information no errors. What could be causing the system to return from hiberation or sleep within seconds of being put to sleep?

:)

AWeePiper, May 22, 2024
  2. Yo_Wattup Win User

sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, May 22, 2024
  3. Random system crash when resuming from sleep/hibernate windows 7

yes its working absolutely fine except for resuming from sleep or hibernation. i have them all updated... just the ati drivers are the latest whql ones, cause well, their non whql were already a pita so i just stuck with these.

PunchsucKr, May 22, 2024
  4. gmopro Win User

Hibernate vs Sleep

Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC - Microsoft Support

or this.

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again. Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing
    a DVD player—the computer immediately stops what it’s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.

Hibernation is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops. While sleep puts your work and settings in memory and draws a small amount of power, hibernation puts your open documents and programs on your hard disk,
    and then turns off your computer. Of all the power-saving states in Windows, hibernation uses the least amount of power. On a laptop, use hibernation when you know that you won't use your laptop for an extended period and won't have an opportunity to charge
    the battery during that time.

But if hybernation turns off computer, what is the difference between hibernation and shut down? Hibernate doesnt have the boot up period?

UPDATE:

Ok so nevermind,.. Hibernate can get u back to computer's current state with applications u have open...shutdown wont do that. Resuming after hibernation restores the state of
    the computer, including all the

applications that were open. I assume the resume is much longer for hibernate vs sleep. yay.. it makes sense now.

gmopro, May 22, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Immediately Resumes from Hibernate or Sleep - Similar Threads - Immediately Resumes Hibernate

2. Windows 11 Immediately Resumes from Hibernate or Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Immediately Resumes from Hibernate or Sleep: After the update on windows 11 on may 15th my computer retarts immediately after being put in hibernate or sleep mode. I've noticed at 1:42:02 Event Viewer there is an event 42 system is entering sleep.then at 1:42:03 there are 4 events vfpext 7036, 1: filter pause start...
  3. Win 10 Pro won't resume from Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Pro won't resume from Sleep or Hibernate: My Win 10 Pro is fully up-to-date. Recently my Asus PC stopped resuming from sleep or hibernate. I have to physically unplug the computer wait, plug in, start it and I have to go into the BIOS and Choose optimized default settings and then it starts up. Even though I do not...
  4. BugCheck resuming from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BugCheck resuming from Hibernate: Hi, Everyday when I stop working, I put my computer in hibernate mode. Next morning when I turn on the PC, it simply don't resume correctly from hibernate mode. It doesn't show anything, but, checking the Event Viewer I have identified an event like this: Log Name:...
  5. Random apps open on resuming from sleep/hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random apps open on resuming from sleep/hibernate: What's going on here and how do I stop it? It's like its possessed or something. Only immediately after resuming from sleep. Since one of the recent updates in the past month I'm not certain which exactly, a random app opens immediately upon resuming from sleep. The apps...
  6. Resume from Hibernate Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from Hibernate Issue: Hello, I normally use Hibernate when machine is not needed for extended periods. Previously, machine would start at the same place where I left it, including all programs open etc. Now, with 1909 and maybe even a prior version, I noticed that all open programs are now...
  7. BSOD resuming from Hibernate

BSOD resuming from Hibernate: This also happened with Windows 8.x but it persisted after I upgraded to Windows 10. It's an older machine with limited support, but I'd like to try and use it if I can. It's a tank of a laptop. Attachment 40024 Thanks 24447
  8. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate: I sometimes get a failure from either Corrupt Page or Memory Management after returning from either sleep mode or hibernate. Always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+142940. I wonder if it might be caused by my trying to log in too soon and the different threads running before memory...
  9. Hibernation Resume

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation Resume: When I resume from hibernation It goes thru screens asking if I like this one. How do I stop this? 32155
  10. "Resume from Hibernation"?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Resume from Hibernation"?: I have been using Win10 since July. It has been working fine. Just recently I noticed a blue screen at boot up stating, "resume from hibernation". I have never used hibernation in my life. Sleep mode, yes. Hibernation, no. But I have an SSD and don't use sleep anymore. I do a...