Windows 10: Windows 11 in Surface Pro 8

Discus and support Windows 11 in Surface Pro 8 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have major problems with my new Surface Pro 8 and Windows 11. I have updated everything what MS offer for updating.Escpecially the world wide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LaIGra, Jun 26, 2022.

1. LaIGra Win User

Windows 11 in Surface Pro 8

I have major problems with my new Surface Pro 8 and Windows 11. I have updated everything what MS offer for updating.Escpecially the world wide commonly used Apps "Press Reader" and "Duolingo" crash from time to time.Earlier I had a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10, we also have a Surface Go 2 with Windows 11 and an old PC with Windows 10.I can't remember problems in this magnitude with these three devices.To the point. The Duolingo program, a little too often the full screen changes itself "automatically" to a little smaller view. It is impossible to get the full screen back without going out

:)

LaIGra, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Ravenas Win User

Microsoft Surface with Windows 8 Pro Gets Priced

All of this doesn't matter what so ever. The fact is Windows 8 tablets are priced way too high. People are going to by the iPad long before they ever buy these simply because of price point. Microsoft had a great idea to have the same UI across all of their devices, but they are dead in the water due to price.

Ravenas, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Octavean Win User

With all due respect, I think you intended to say:
    However I can only guess you didn’t understand my post because I was only suggesting that people who take the time to read and post in tech forums will likely be able to tell the difference and that general consumers probably wouldn’t.

Microsoft may have released full specs on the Surface Pro but I don’t recall seeing a full spec sheet. For example, “Intel Core i5 Ivy Bridge CPU” doesn’t specify a model and CPU model would be a factor in overall price. This wouldn’t matter if there is only one Core i5 Ivy Bridge mobile CPU though (i5-3360M, i5-3320M, i5-3427U).

Furthermore your suggesting that OEM’s will release Windows 8 Pro tablets and laptops and undercut the pricing suggests that you are unaware that OEM’s have already released products. For what its worth there is a range (Atom, i3, i5 and for laptops i7) but the pricing is similar to Microsoft’s offering in the Surface Pro for similar OEM hardware in the same form-factor. An example of this is Acer Iconia Tab W700 series, Acer Iconia Tab W500 series, Samsung ATIV SmartPC Pro XE500xx, Samsung ATIV SmartPC Pro XE700xx,….

As I stated before though, when you shrink the product you often pay more money with respect to processing power. So comparing a general 17”, 15” or 13” laptop to a sub 11” screen PC touch tablet isn’t the same thing.

Octavean, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Octavean Win User

The Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based Windows 7 tablet and Samsung Series 7 Windows 7 (Core i5) tablet series pricing were slightly more expensive then the Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets. So a price break is already there.

People suggesting The Microsoft Surface Pro and other Windows 8 Pro tablets should be cheaper seem to think or suggest that products like this never existed before or are unprecedented when they are in fact only the latest generation.

Or perhaps you are confusing them with cheaper less powerful ARM based tablets,…

This statement isn’t completely accurate or possibly outright wrong. You are likely confusing the Windows RT based Microsoft Surface tablet with the as of yet unreleased Surface Pro Windows 8 Pro tablet.

The average Windows 8 Pro 64bit install footprint is likely greater then 16GB. The Windows 8 Pro 32bit install footprint may fit into a 16GB envelope but I don’t think OEMs will choose to go that route. However, if the Microsoft Surface Pro is anything like the Asus Eee Slate EP121 Core i5 based tablet PC then the installed mSATA SSD is user upgradeable. I can upgrade the default OEM 64GB mSATA SSD on my Asus model to ~240GB / ~256GB or greater. I can also upgrade the Bluetooth / WiFi module to support IEEE 802.11ac,….

Octavean, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 in Surface Pro 8 - Similar Threads - Surface Pro

2. Surface Pro 8 Camera keeps stopping functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 Camera keeps stopping functioning: This problem has been impacting me ever since I purchased my Surface Pro 8 in December 2021 - the camera frequently stops functioning.This often happens during a video call if not at the start. I have followed various instructions to reset it - e.g. as...
  3. Surface Pro 8 Camera keeps stopping functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 Camera keeps stopping functioning: This problem has been impacting me ever since I purchased my Surface Pro 8 in December 2021 - the camera frequently stops functioning.This often happens during a video call if not at the start. I have followed various instructions to reset it - e.g. as...
  4. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  5. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  6. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?: My Surface Pro 8 or 9 I think is locked and in recovery mode and is requiring a Bitlocker key to unlock. I do not have a key and I do not have a personal Microsoft account only a work-related one. I have never signed into my work related Microsoft account on this Surface so...
  8. Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?

Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?: My Surface Pro 8 or 9 I think is locked and in recovery mode and is requiring a Bitlocker key to unlock. I do not have a key and I do not have a personal Microsoft account only a work-related one. I have never signed into my work related Microsoft account on this Surface so...
  9. Surface 5 Windows 11 Pro Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 5 Windows 11 Pro Setup: Hi, I just purchased a Surface 5 laptop. I didn't realize it was Windows Pro would be nice if in bold the description on Amazon says ONLY WORKS WITH FOR BUSINESSES. Apparently, Microsoft will not allow me to use the computer locally or with my personal Microsoft account? It...
  10. Surface 5 Windows 11 Pro Setup

Surface 5 Windows 11 Pro Setup: Hi, I just purchased a Surface 5 laptop. I didn't realize it was Windows Pro would be nice if in bold the description on Amazon says ONLY WORKS WITH FOR BUSINESSES. Apparently, Microsoft will not allow me to use the computer locally or with my personal Microsoft account? It...