Windows 10: Windows 11 Indexing Option issue

Discus and support Windows 11 Indexing Option issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys,My laptop windows 11 updating after indexing option is not running & windows search service is not running.MS Outlook in also facing searching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akash Kshirsagar, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Windows 11 Indexing Option issue

Hi Guys,My laptop windows 11 updating after indexing option is not running & windows search service is not running.MS Outlook in also facing searching issue. @Microsoft Team Please do the needful.

:)

Akash Kshirsagar, Nov 19, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 19, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 19, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Indexing Option issue

Windows 10 Quick Search Not Showing Indexed Locations

Hi,

Since you have already added it in Indexing options, we suggest you to run Indexing troubleshooter to check for possible caused of the issue. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Nov 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Indexing Option issue

1. Windows 11 Indexing Option issue - Similar Threads - Indexing Option issue

2. Indexing has issues atm on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing has issues atm on windows 11?: So i noticed that each time i reset my pc that the search indexing is reset and it says that i should turn it on in the start menu.Altho whats weird is when i actually go into the settings nothing is being indexed,almost like a visual bug..The search is working fine also.This...
  3. Indexing has issues atm on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing has issues atm on windows 11?: So i noticed that each time i reset my pc that the search indexing is reset and it says that i should turn it on in the start menu.Altho whats weird is when i actually go into the settings nothing is being indexed,almost like a visual bug..The search is working fine also.This...
  4. Windows 11 Upgrade Indexing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Indexing Issues: Hi Guys,I have just upgraded to Windows 11 from Window 10.Indexing is extremely slow and Outlook is not indexing at all.I've tried some of the various suggested changes but not luck.Can anyone help please?ThanksPaul...
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade Indexing Issues

Windows 11 Upgrade Indexing Issues: Hi Guys,I have just upgraded to Windows 11 from Window 10.Indexing is extremely slow and Outlook is not indexing at all.I've tried some of the various suggested changes but not luck.Can anyone help please?ThanksPaul...
  6. Indexing issues in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing issues in Windows 11: When will the Windows 11 bug fix be available that is related to indexing allowing searches to act properly? And the previous system restore I had done was missing so no system restore was available....
  7. Indexing issues in Windows 11

Indexing issues in Windows 11: When will the Windows 11 bug fix be available that is related to indexing allowing searches to act properly? And the previous system restore I had done was missing so no system restore was available....
  8. Windows 11 Indexing Option issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Indexing Option issue: Hi Guys,My laptop windows 11 updating after indexing option is not running & windows search service is not running.MS Outlook in also facing searching issue. @Microsoft Team Please do the needful....
  9. Indexing options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Indexing options: how to reset the index settings back to factory default? In the modifying section, I have selected all the folders which give me more than the required results all the time. I am not asking how to rebuild it, but to reset only indexes. Please provide a solution. Try...
  10. Indexing Options internals

in Windows 10 Support
    Indexing Options internals: Dear friends hallo, One day I noticed that the processes responsible for indexing were taking up too much process power. I noticed that this happened because I transferred my e-book collection to my PC. Windows was trying to index the contents of these massive pdf files....