Windows 10: Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow

Discus and support Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Found similar topics but none that cover both. My laptop is running ay 90-98° when idle - I'm pretty sure it's Windows Search Indexer, as it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GillianBlekkenhorst, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow

Found similar topics but none that cover both. My laptop is running ay 90-98° when idle - I'm pretty sure it's Windows Search Indexer, as it was showing over 50% CPU usage when I first noticed the issue. I started rebuilding the index 5 days ago and it's still only at 82K files. I have around 700GB on my hard drive, Admittedly I am letting it sleep overnight, I don't want to fry it so I want to give it a chance to cool down, and I have needed to use the laptop a few hours a day. Luckily my laptop has Cooler Boost and a riser, the combo of which will get it down to the 50-75° range, but I don't

:)

GillianBlekkenhorst, Mar 26, 2022

2. Searching is incredibly slow despite file indexation enabled

My name is Jeremy, a Windows Community Member. I'll be happy to help you out today. Let’s see what I can do. Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow :)

Hi Shenmue, I understand your frustration there and I apologize for any inconvenience it may cause you. Rest assured that I will do my best to help you

A system dispute is one of the reasons why the index built will not function well. We highly suggest that running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter would be a great help. Simply follow these step:

Open Control Panel.

In the search box, type troubleshooting.

Click on Troubleshooting.

Click on View all.

Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click

Next for the troubleshooting to begin.

Please let us know how it's going.

Regards,

Jeremy

JeremyCountings, Mar 26, 2022
  3. PC Running Incredibly Slow

After upgrading to Windows 10, it's just been problem after problem...

Everything on my computer is running incredibly slow. GTA 5, Flight Simulator X, all running slower than ever. Even the operating system, simply writing something, is slow. And I have a strong laptop. Windows 10 Pro, 16 GB RAM, GTX 860M, i7-4710HQ 3.5 GHz turbo. It's becoming unbearable, and I really need help.

themaster402, Mar 26, 2022
  4. Jessen P Win User

Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow

indexing is not running aftervrepairto office 365

Hi Michael,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with search and indexing of files and folders. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the status of the issue. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Mar 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow

1. Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow - Similar Threads - indexing overheating laptop

2. Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 indexing overheating laptop and running incredibly slow: Found similar topics but none that cover both. My laptop is running ay 90-98° when idle - I'm pretty sure it's Windows Search Indexer, as it was showing over 50% CPU usage when I first noticed the issue. I started rebuilding the index 5 days ago and it's still only at 82K...
  3. Indexing is not running in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing is not running in Windows 11.: Advanced button gives option to 'delete and rebuild'. Choosing this option does nothing... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-is-not-running-in-windows-11/ebddf1d6-8db5-4143-8211-98868b7dad17
  4. Indexing is not running in Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing is not running in Windows 11.: Advanced button gives option to 'delete and rebuild'. Choosing this option does nothing... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/indexing-is-not-running-in-windows-11/ebddf1d6-8db5-4143-8211-98868b7dad17
  5. Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand New Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow: My brand new HP Windows 10 laptop is running incredibly slow. The only programs I've installed are Discord, Steam, Minecraft, Among Us, and Quiplash. I installed the Malware Bytes Free Trial but removed it. I've removed my google extensions. There is nothing in the start up...
  6. Laptop Incredibly Slow and Disk at 100%

Laptop Incredibly Slow and Disk at 100%: My wife's laptop is slow to the point of unusable and the disk is constantly at 100%, even start from bootup. I have removed everything I can from start-up and disabled all non-Microsoft services as you can see from the below: https://i.imgur.com/hHCL45T.jpg I am at a loss...
  7. Help! Windows Running Incredibly Slow

Help! Windows Running Incredibly Slow: I am sorry if this doesn't belong here, I am new to this community. Over the past months, I have noticed a considerable decline in my PC's performance. It takes over 10 minutes to restart and get running again, simple tasks like opening a web browser take minutes to do, and...
  8. Searching is incredibly slow despite file indexation enabled

in Cortana
    Searching is incredibly slow despite file indexation enabled: Hi, I indexed some folders in my HDD folder but the searching is abnormally slow. With my last keyword, it takes 5 minute 30 seconds to find a folder containing the said keyword in its name while the folder is only three directory levels above the directory level where I...
  9. Computer running incredibly slow

Computer running incredibly slow: Hey everyone! My brother lives in a different state and isn’t good when it comes to computers. I know enough to get by. His computer is extremely slow and it sometimes takes 1-3 minutes for webpages to load. There’s no issue with the internet because the WiFi works great on...
  10. PC Running Incredibly Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Running Incredibly Slow: After upgrading to Windows 10, it's just been problem after problem... Everything on my computer is running incredibly slow. GTA 5, Flight Simulator X, all running slower than ever. Even the operating system, simply writing something, is slow. And I have a strong laptop....