Windows 10: Windows 11 Insider Builds/Previews VMware Virtual Machine Not Working Anymore - After...

Discus and support Windows 11 Insider Builds/Previews VMware Virtual Machine Not Working Anymore - After... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 AlphaCurrent Version of Windows: Windows 11 HomeAfter I Power On The Virtual Machine, This Pops Up:Then, This Pops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Wissa, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Insider Builds/Previews VMware Virtual Machine Not Working Anymore - After...

My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 AlphaCurrent Version of Windows: Windows 11 HomeAfter I Power On The Virtual Machine, This Pops Up:Then, This Pops Up:Then, The Whole ApplicationVMware CrashesSo, How Do I Fix This?

:)

John Wissa, Jun 25, 2022
  2. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Windows 7 upgrade plus preview builds on a virtual machine

Andre Da Costa, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Insider Builds/Previews VMware Virtual Machine Not Working Anymore - After...

Cannot turn off Hyper V, cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMWare machines

Since the latest update:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Verion: 1607

OS Build: 14393.222

I can no longer turn off Hyper V and thus cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMware machines.

When I attempt to turn off Hyper V and restart Windows as requested, Windows simply re-enables Hyper V.

Then when I try to run a Virtual Box machine, I get an error like this:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Centos 70.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

Component:
    ConsoleWrap

Interface:
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

When I try to start a VMware machine, I get this:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.

But as I have noted, I am not able to turn off Hyper-V since the Anniversary Update.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Heaphey, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Insider Builds/Previews VMware Virtual Machine Not Working Anymore - After...

1. Windows 11 Insider Builds/Previews VMware Virtual Machine Not Working Anymore - After... - Similar Threads - Insider Builds Previews

2. VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional: Hello,I hope you are having a good day. I am interested in purchasing a VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional. However, I am specifically looking for a version that is not an evaluation copy from the Microsoft developer site.Could you kindly provide detailed...
  3. VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional: Hello,I hope you are having a good day. I am interested in purchasing a VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional. However, I am specifically looking for a version that is not an evaluation copy from the Microsoft developer site.Could you kindly provide detailed...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Builds/Previews VMware Virtual Machine Not Working Anymore - After...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Insider Builds/Previews VMware Virtual Machine Not Working Anymore - After...: My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 AlphaCurrent Version of Windows: Windows 11 HomeAfter I Power On The Virtual Machine, This Pops Up:Then, This Pops Up:Then, The Whole ApplicationVMware CrashesSo, How Do I Fix This?...
  5. 0x80070570 Windows 11 Installation - VMware Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070570 Windows 11 Installation - VMware Virtual Machine: Hello Everyone,I have 8 GB ram. I was aware of Windows 11. Likewise, I downloaded the Windows 11 ISO from the OFFICIAL Microsoft website. I made a VM using VMware. I gave the correct settings. It also met the Windows 11 requirements. It also has TPM and UEFI Secure Boot...
  6. 0x80070570 Windows 11 Installation - VMware Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x80070570 Windows 11 Installation - VMware Virtual Machine: Hello Everyone,I have 8 GB ram. I was aware of Windows 11. Likewise, I downloaded the Windows 11 ISO from the OFFICIAL Microsoft website. I made a VM using VMware. I gave the correct settings. It also met the Windows 11 requirements. It also has TPM and UEFI Secure Boot...
  7. Windows 11 Insider Build Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Insider Build Preview: I wanted to know if there is any problem when we download the Windows 11 Insider Preview?Will it remove all the data from the previous windows 10 when we update to the insider build preview of windows 11?Is it safe?When the original windows 11 comes out can we update the...
  8. How to activate a Windows Insider build in a virtual machine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to activate a Windows Insider build in a virtual machine?: This is how my main pc is activated: [ATTACH] Whenever I do a clean install it already self-activates to the Windows 10 home version and later, I use my Windows 8 Pro serial key to upgrade the Pro version. To experiment with some insider builds I've created a virtual...
  9. Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows Virtual Machine (Hyper-V) vs. VMware Virtual Machine: I have used VMware in the past with limited success though I suspect the hardware limitations had something to do with it. The leaning curve was modest if not at times tedious to confusing at times and I am not particularly looking forward to that again. What can you all tell...
  10. Dual booting inside a VMWARE Virtual Machine.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Dual booting inside a VMWARE Virtual Machine.: I decided (more out of academic interest than need) that I would setup windows 10586 in a vm on VMWARE, and also Insider version. Problem was I could not find anyway of doing this. You could install first version, but how to install second version, as you automatically...