Windows 10: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

Discus and support Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 to the Developer Channel. Let's dive in to see what's new, the bugs that were fixed, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 11, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 to the Developer Channel. Let's dive in to see what's new, the bugs that were fixed, and of course new problems that have surfaced with this version.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-22499-share-this-window-microsoft-teams.jpg

What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499

Microsoft Teams users can quickly share open windows from the taskbar, to do so, just mouse over the program's icon and click the "Share this window" option. You can stop sharing the option or switch to a different window as required. This feature is being rolled out in phases, so not everyone will get access to this option.

The Share window option will be added to the Chat app (Microsoft Teams for Home), bundled in Windows 11, later. The release notes for the build indicates that other communication programs will be able to access this feature, once they add the option in their app.

Image courtesy: Microsoft.

Good news for fans of the Clock, the app that is, users can now sign in to the Clock app (on version 11.2110.32.0 or higher) using Microsoft Work and School accounts, to sync them.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel Windows-11-clock-app-sign-in.jpg

If you are waiting for Microsoft to display the Clock on all monitors, you might as well try the ElevenClock program, which does the same job for free.

Issues fixed in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499

The most important fix in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 update is the one that affected computers that were resuming from sleep with a “SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error. An issue that resulted in some games lagging when their Window was in focus has been addressed. The Touch Keyboard's autocorrect and suggestions have been improved with backend dictionaries for many languages.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-22499-clipboard-history.jpg

Microsoft has managed to resolve the problem with the Windows Clipboard History that prevented the feature from working in the Build 22494, that was released about a week ago. The emoji panel issue has also been fixed, and GIFs are working properly. A bug related to the touch keyboard, that caused Explorer to crash has been fixed. A similar crash that occured when Alt + F4 was used with Alt + Tab open, has been patched as well.

Known Issues in Build 22499

The Taskbar flickering issue persists with the latest Preview release, and will happen when you switch the input language. The Caps Lock indicator lights bug which also affects the Numlock and Scroll Lock keys, has not been fixed in this update. The indicator lights for the lock keys on your keyboard won't work, when you toggle them, though the lock gets triggered correctly. This also happens with VMs in my experience, the light stays on in my host OS, but goes off when I switch to the virtual machine. The announcement says that Microsoft is investigating the problem.

If you see a warning message that says, "The build you are trying to install is Flight Signed. To continue installing, enable flight signing.", reboot your computer and try updating again. Users who experience an error code 0x80070002 can use the same trick. There is another issue that may affect some PCs. If you get the error code 0xc1900101-0x4001c , your PC will rollback to the previous build. Microsoft is advising users impacted by this issue, to pause updates, until a fix is released. The clock may get stuck and not update, if you try to access the system via Remote Desktop. The size of the thumbnails in Task View may shrink if you mouse over different desktops.

The slider for controlling the volume and brightness are not displayed properly on some PCs. The Search function still has a couple of problems. Sometimes it may fail to work, the workaround for this is to open the Run command with Win + R, close it, and try the Search again. If it doesn't work, restart the Explorer process from the Task Manager.

For what it's worth, I didn't have a problem, while upgrading my virtual machine from 44994 to 44999, but YMMV.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-22499.jpg

If you want to use VMware Workstation Player to test drive Insider Preview Builds, check out my guides on how to enable TPM 2.0 support, and how to fix the "processor needs to have two or more cores to run Windows 11" issue.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 11 Insider Preview Dev Build 22449 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Sept. 2

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22449 to the Dev Channel.

You may notice that this build number is higher than the Windows 11 preview builds youve been receiving. Thats because were moving the Dev Channel back to receiving builds from our active development branch (RS_PRERELEASE). This means the builds released to the Dev Channel no longer match the Windows 11 experience that will be released to customers on October 5th.

Read more: Windows 11 Insider Preview Dev Build 22449 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Sept. 2 | Windows 11 Forum

Brink, Nov 11, 2021
  3. Insider build previews

Because you are running a Windows Insider Preview build, you might be seeing defects or bugs in the build you are using, which is still under development. I suggest you use the Feedback Hub to submit a bug report detailing your problem.

You should only run Windows Insider Builds for testing purposes, not for production.

I recommend you revert to a commercial build such as the recently released Windows 10, 1803 revision.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

unable to update from release preview channel to windows 10 2004 Error Code (0xc1900101)

currently running window insider release preview channel. Edition Windows Home Version 1903 OS build 19025.1051

Got windows update to 2004 from window update center, but update failed with error code 0xc1900101

this is a desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 cpu, 24GB of RAM.

I've tried steps listed on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/019e3bca-e262-40b3-acda-ceae1cef96c2?page=4 but
    didn't work

when running sfc /scannow on CMD I got

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

then I check the log on C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log I found

2020-08-02 11:57:37, Info CBS Cannot finalize a session that has been finalized. [HRESULT = 0x800f0842]

don't know if it is related.

This build expires on July 31. It is already passed that date and windows keep prompt me to update. But I couldn't install the suggested update. It would be great if anyone can help

CharlieBond2, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

1. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 has been released to the Dev Channel. It adds a new way to use Windows Spotlight, a Multi-App Kiosk Mode, and fixes many bugs. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 Windows Spotlight The update adds a new...
  3. Microsoft releases two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel: Microsoft has released not 1, but two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel. Some users will get Build 22621, while others may get Build 22622. [ATTACH] Why has Microsoft released Build 22621 and Build 22622 simultaneously? The main difference is that...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 released for Dev and Beta Channels

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 released for Dev and Beta Channels: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 has been released to the Dev and Beta Channels. It adds some new features to the Media Player app, Windows Spotlight, and fixes a number of bugs. [ATTACH] Media Player The Media Player app in Windows 11 supports 2 views in the artist...
  5. Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Build 22526 to the Developer Channel. Let's see what the first Insider Preview of 2022 brings. [ATTACH] The announcement article mentions that the company is testing a windowed mode for Alt + Tab. The feature is only available for some...
  6. Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with...: Windows 11 Build 22509.1100 is now available for participants in the Insider Preview Program's Developer Channel. It improves the Start Menu [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Build 22509.1100 Start Menu When Windows 11 was released, the Start Menu's design was criticized...
  7. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 is now available for participants in the Developer Channel. This version contains a ton of fixes, with a few minor changes to the overall experience. [ATTACH] Notable changes in Windows 11 Build 22504 Build 22494, which was released...
  8. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...
  9. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...
  10. Microsoft releases the first build of the Windows 11 Insider Preview to the Dev Channel,...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases the first build of the Windows 11 Insider Preview to the Dev Channel,...: Microsoft has released the first Windows 11 Insider Preview Build to users to test before the free upgrade lands this holiday season. An ISO for this update has not been released, and the announcement post doesn't mention if an image will be made available. [ATTACH] The...