Windows 10: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

Discus and support Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 is now available for participants in the Developer Channel. This version contains a ton of fixes, with a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 19, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 is now available for participants in the Developer Channel. This version contains a ton of fixes, with a few minor changes to the overall experience.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel Windows-11-Build-22504.jpg
    Notable changes in Windows 11 Build 22504

Build 22494, which was released earlier this month, added a mute icon to the Taskbar. Windows 11 Build 22504 introduces a keyboard shortcut to toggle the mute functionality, Alt + Win + K. This only works when the mute icon appears, which for now only shows up during a Microsoft Teams call. We will need to wait for support to be expanded to more applications to test this feature.

Apps will launch in maximized mode by default (tablet posture) in devices that have a 11-inches screen or smaller. The operating system will not alert you about apps with restricted access to your microphone, instead a permanent warning about it will be displayed in the Settings > System > Sound screen. The Touch indicator option will not be enabled by default for new Windows installs. To toggle it, go to the Settings > Accessibility > Mouse pointer and touch > and switch it on. Windows 11 gets native support for ARM64 for the .NET framework runtime, with the arrival of .NET Framework 4.8.1.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel Windows-11-touch-keyboard-themes.png

The Touch Keyboard has 13 new themes, and an option to create a custom theme. Head to the Settings > Personalization > Text Input section to find the feature. Microsoft is testing personalized combinations of some emojis based on the skin type. Both features are being tested on a limited basis, so not everyone will see these options yet. Speaking of emojis, Portuguese and Polish users can expect some flexibility when searching for keywords that contain diacritics.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel Windows-11-new-personalized-emoji.png

Issues that were fixed

The Start Menu's recommended section should now display icons correctly. The context menu will align with the search box properly, if you click Start and press Shift + F10 or the menu key.

A bug that was causing Explorer to crash when the battery icon wasn't loading in the Taskbar has been patched. Users who have set custom levels for the critical and low battery notifications, will see the correct value displayed instead of the default ones. The clock will keep time more reliably, even when being accessed over Remote Desktop. The Taskbar's Date and Time display gets a fix that prevents it from getting clipped. The context menu will appear when you right-click on the date and time, this will also close the Notification Center if it is active. The Emoji panel's search has been improved for some keywords. The GIF search bug that caused the same GIF to appear multiple times has been fixed.

The release notes for the build states that the issue that prevented the keyboard light indicators for Caps Lock, and the other lock keys have been fixed. They do work in my virtual machine install, earlier they used to turn off when I switched from the host OS. But there still seems to be some issue. While the Caps Lock light stays solid when I shift from my host, the Num Lock and Scroll Lock keys flash once and then come back on. Daylight Savings Time has been removed from the timezone for Fiji, so the Windows clock will follow the regional setting correctly.

Voice typing will resume listening when you pause for a longer time, to provide better results. When the caret is moved during voice typing, text will no longer be duplicated. Snap Layouts will not place windows on your other monitors randomly. The Quick Settings sliders for adjusting the brightness and volume won't disappear anymore. If you were unable to manually set the active hours from the Settings app, updating to the new Preview Build will fix the problem. Computers will wake up more reliably after an issue related to TCIP that resulted in bug checks was mitigated.

There are still quite a few known issues in Build 22504, but these seem to be the same as in the previous version, Build 22499.

Microsoft's announcement states that a new Your Phone app with an updated design is rolling out gradually to Windows Insiders. I don't have the new app in my virtual machine yet, it's still on version 1.21102.134.0. A screenshot of the desktop tool shows a list of apps installed on the phone. So, you will be able to access them from your computer. I can't wait to test that.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel Your-Phone-app-on-Windows-11-showing-apps.png

Image courtesy: Microsoft

What issues have you experienced with the Windows 11 Insider Preview Builds?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 19, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Windows 11 Insider Preview Dev Build 22449 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Sept. 2

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22449 to the Dev Channel.

You may notice that this build number is higher than the Windows 11 preview builds youve been receiving. Thats because were moving the Dev Channel back to receiving builds from our active development branch (RS_PRERELEASE). This means the builds released to the Dev Channel no longer match the Windows 11 experience that will be released to customers on October 5th.

Read more: Windows 11 Insider Preview Dev Build 22449 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Sept. 2 | Windows 11 Forum

Brink, Nov 19, 2021
  3. Insider build previews

Because you are running a Windows Insider Preview build, you might be seeing defects or bugs in the build you are using, which is still under development. I suggest you use the Feedback Hub to submit a bug report detailing your problem.

You should only run Windows Insider Builds for testing purposes, not for production.

I recommend you revert to a commercial build such as the recently released Windows 10, 1803 revision.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2021
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

unable to update from release preview channel to windows 10 2004 Error Code (0xc1900101)

currently running window insider release preview channel. Edition Windows Home Version 1903 OS build 19025.1051

Got windows update to 2004 from window update center, but update failed with error code 0xc1900101

this is a desktop with AMD Ryzen 5 cpu, 24GB of RAM.

I've tried steps listed on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r/019e3bca-e262-40b3-acda-ceae1cef96c2?page=4 but
    didn't work

when running sfc /scannow on CMD I got

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

then I check the log on C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log I found

2020-08-02 11:57:37, Info CBS Cannot finalize a session that has been finalized. [HRESULT = 0x800f0842]

don't know if it is related.

This build expires on July 31. It is already passed that date and windows keep prompt me to update. But I couldn't install the suggested update. It would be great if anyone can help

CharlieBond2, Nov 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel

1. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 released to the Developer Channel - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 released to the Dev Channel: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 has been released to the Dev Channel. It adds a new way to use Windows Spotlight, a Multi-App Kiosk Mode, and fixes many bugs. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25169 Windows Spotlight The update adds a new...
  3. Microsoft releases two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel: Microsoft has released not 1, but two new builds to the Windows 11 Insider Preview Beta channel. Some users will get Build 22621, while others may get Build 22622. [ATTACH] Why has Microsoft released Build 22621 and Build 22622 simultaneously? The main difference is that...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 released for Dev and Beta Channels

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 released for Dev and Beta Channels: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22598 has been released to the Dev and Beta Channels. It adds some new features to the Media Player app, Windows Spotlight, and fixes a number of bugs. [ATTACH] Media Player The Media Player app in Windows 11 supports 2 views in the artist...
  5. Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Build 22526 released to the Insider Preview Dev Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Build 22526 to the Developer Channel. Let's see what the first Insider Preview of 2022 brings. [ATTACH] The announcement article mentions that the company is testing a windowed mode for Alt + Tab. The feature is only available for some...
  6. Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Build 22509.1000 rolls out to the Insider Preview Developer Channel with...: Windows 11 Build 22509.1100 is now available for participants in the Insider Preview Program's Developer Channel. It improves the Start Menu [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Build 22509.1100 Start Menu When Windows 11 was released, the Start Menu's design was criticized...
  7. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 released to the Developer Channel: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499 to the Developer Channel. Let's dive in to see what's new, the bugs that were fixed, and of course new problems that have surfaced with this version. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22499...
  8. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...
  9. About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Windows Insider Program - Release Preview Channel: Would it be safe to join Release Preview Channel and install from there Windows 11? Or would it be a big risk and it would be recommended to stay on the normal versions and not join the Release Preview Channel and wait for the normal upgrade to come? I need an advice if it...
  10. Microsoft releases the first build of the Windows 11 Insider Preview to the Dev Channel,...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases the first build of the Windows 11 Insider Preview to the Dev Channel,...: Microsoft has released the first Windows 11 Insider Preview Build to users to test before the free upgrade lands this holiday season. An ISO for this update has not been released, and the announcement post doesn't mention if an image will be made available. [ATTACH] The...