Windows 10: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic...

Discus and support Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 Build 22563 has been released for users who have opted into the Dev Channel of the Insider Preview Program. The new version ships with many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 25, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic...

Windows 11 Build 22563 has been released for users who have opted into the Dev Channel of the Insider Preview Program. The new version ships with many fixes, and introduces some emojis, a new Taskbar style for touchscreen devices, and more.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... Windows-11-Build-22563-brings-a-new-Taskbar-style-for-tablets.jpg

What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563

Dynamic Content in Widgets

Microsoft is changing the Widgets Experience by introducing dynamic content. Take a look at the screenshot below, do you see the "add widgets" button in the image on the left? That creates a gap between the widgets and the news feed. The latest build removes this gap to blend the two sections. The add widgets button appears at the top of the panel instead. The idea is to provide an easier way to use the Widgets board out of the box, without the need to curate the feeds.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... Windows-11-dynamic-content-in-widgets-panel.jpg

Users who have customized the Widgets board will not be affected by the change. The new Widgets board design isn't available for all users yet, it is being A/B tested.

Optimized Taskbar for Tablets

Windows 11 Build 22563 has a new Taskbar style for Tablets. When enabled, the collapsed state hides all icons on the Taskbar, and only displays the System Tray with the Date/Time. It kind of looks like an Android home screen launcher's interface. To bring the icons back, switch to the expanded state. The horizontal line that was cutting out near the System Tray has been fixed in the new collapsed Taskbar. It extends to the full length of the screen. The new Taskbar state is not available for PCs and Laptops, it is exclusive for touch-screen devices including tablets, and 2-in-1 devices.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... new-group-policy-windows-11-update-notifications.jpg

A new Group Policy is available in the latest version of the Windows 11 Dev Channel. It can be found at the following location in the Local Group Policy Editor: Computer configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Manage end user experience > Display options for update notifications. The new policy, intended for IT Admins to manage their end-points at work/school, allows you to disable all Windows Update notifications from appearing. There are 3 settings that you may choose from. The first setting uses the default notifications, the second one turns off all notifications, but will warn the user about restarting the computer. The third option disables all notifications completely.

Explorer

File Explorer's Quick Access section now supports searching content in your OneDrive, Downloads, and indexed locations. Quick Access will display thumbnails for files that are not stored locally, i.e., your OneDrive files, shared files, etc. When you toggle Snap Assist mode, Windows will display the 3 recent tabs that you opened in Edge. You can click on the suggested tabs, to snap them on the screen. This behavior can be modified from the Settings > System > Multitasking page.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... microsoft-edge-tabs-in-snap-assist.jpg

It lets you set it to display 3 recent tabs, 5 recent tabs, All tabs. If you don't want Snap Assist to display tabs, you can turn it off from the Settings. The emoji panel has been updated, bringing 37 new emojis from Emoji 14.0, including new skin tone variations for hand gestures, a melting face, troll, coral, etc.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... windows-11-microsoft-edge-tabs-snap-scaled.jpg

The login screen now displays a flyout with toggles for accessibility options.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... windows-11-accessibility-flyout-login-screen.jpg

Fixes in Windows 11 Build 22563

Users with a large temp folder should see a difference in the login performance. File Explorer's reliability has been improved, a crash issue that was happening for French (Canada) language users has been resolved. The issue was caused by the battery icon tooltip. Explorer will not crash when switching input methods.

The OneDrive icon will appear consistently in the File Explorer command bar. Right-clicking on the Explorer title bar, will no longer cause a white dot to appear randomly in the context menu. Switching between input methods, adding/removing system tray icons should no longer cause the Taskbar to flicker.

The Start Menu's swipe gesture is more responsive. The Power Menu will display the correct sleep icon instead of a bell. A crash that was happening while sharing an app from the All Apps list has been patched. The performance of ALT + Tab, Task View has been improved. The Search panel will display results correctly, as opposed to being blank in the previous build.

Please refer to the official release notes, for a list of fixes and known issues in Windows 11 Build 22563.

Image courtesy: Microsoft.

The narrow Taskbar style looks neat, if only PC users had the option to resize the thickness. It's a shame that the fix for the border line issue is not available for PC users.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic content in Widgets and more appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 25, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

KB5005191 Windows 11 Insider Preview Dev and Beta Build 10.0.22000.168

UPDATE 9/2:

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.168 to everyone in the Dev and Beta Channels!

Read more: KB5005191 Windows 11 Insider Preview Dev and Beta Build 10.0.22000.168 - August 27 | Windows 11 Forum

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 25, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build has never updated

I want to add this for anyone in the future that may come across this post.

I followed the advice of @Ramhound and the links he provided in the comments and created a new VM in Azure from the downloaded image of Build 14295, which was the closest available ISO build. I followed all the steps to connect my MS account to the VM for insider preivew. I changed my insider preview settings to Fast track. I even used my MS account to sign into the VM.

I checked the registry settings as suggested by this article and ensured everything there was correct. Even after all this, I still did not receive the 14316 build.

I diligently checked my machine multiple times per day. I manually checked for updates. I restarted the machine several times. I changed my settings to developer mode. Even after following all these steps, I still did not receive the build.

Finally! Today, after a week of waiting, I logged into the VM, and the build was there. I do not believe any of this extra work I did helped....but I did learn some stuff from this, so it was not a complete waste of time. I think I would have received the build if I would have just left my VM as it was and kept waiting.

tldr - From my experience, I think the best advice is to just be patient and wait. If you have waited a significant amount of time (2 weeks), then maybe look into the other solutions.

Alex Chance, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic...

Insider build previews

Because you are running a Windows Insider Preview build, you might be seeing defects or bugs in the build you are using, which is still under development. I suggest you use the Feedback Hub to submit a bug report detailing your problem.

You should only run Windows Insider Builds for testing purposes, not for production.

I recommend you revert to a commercial build such as the recently released Windows 10, 1803 revision.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic...

1. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic... - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 brings an End Task button to the Taskbar's...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 brings an End Task button to the Taskbar's...: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 is now available for users in the Dev Channel. The latest update adds a new shortcut to the Taskbar's context menu. Windows 11 will let you End Task from Taskbar's right-click menu Sometimes apps or games may not respond, and you...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 brings new File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 brings new File Explorer: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 to the Dev Channel. It brings a new Volume Mixer experience, File Explorer based on WinUI 3 and more. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 File Explorer WinUI 3 Windows 11 is getting a...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style: Microsoft began experimenting with the Windows 11 Search button on the Taskbar a few months ago. The feature, which was previous only rolled out to a limited number of users, is now available for all users. [ATTACH] Windows 11 Preview Build 25295 lets users change the...
  5. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25231 enables the Tablet-optimized taskbar on all...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25231 enables the Tablet-optimized taskbar on all...: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25231 is now available for users in the Dev Channel. This build fixes some bugs, and enables the Tablet-optimized taskbar on all supported devices [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25231 Tablet-optimized taskbar and...
  6. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197 re-introduces the Tablet-optimized Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197 re-introduces the Tablet-optimized Taskbar: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197 is now available for users in the Dev Channel. It brings back the Tablet-optimized Taskbar that debuted earlier this year. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197 Animated icons in the Settings app The Settings...
  7. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25163 brings a new Taskbar Overflow, improvements to...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25163 brings a new Taskbar Overflow, improvements to...: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25163 for users on the Dev Channel. It introduces a new Taskbar Overflow, improvements to nearby sharing, OneDrive and the Microsoft Store. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25163 New Taskbar...
  8. Trying to update from Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22563 to 22579, it's failing every...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to update from Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22563 to 22579, it's failing every...: Hey guys I need help with an issue that I am not able to fix on my own. I wasted several days fixing it.My machine specs are Ryzen 5 2600xAsus Prime B450 Plus32 GB RamRTX 2060 6GBTPM enabled Secure boot enabled UEFI file systemEvery time I try to upgrade it, it fails at 75%...
  9. Trying to update from Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22563 to 22579, it's failing every...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to update from Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22563 to 22579, it's failing every...: Hey guys I need help with an issue that I am not able to fix on my own. I wasted several days fixing it.My machine specs are Ryzen 5 2600xAsus Prime B450 Plus32 GB RamRTX 2060 6GBTPM enabled Secure boot enabled UEFI file systemEvery time I try to upgrade it, it fails at 75%...
  10. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22567 brings a new Open With dialog style, Smart App Control

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22567 brings a new Open With dialog style, Smart App Control: Windows 11 Build 22567 has been released to the Insider Program, for users who have opted into the Dev Channel. The new version changes the appearance of the Open With dialog, introduces a new security feature, and fixes some bugs in the operating system. [ATTACH] New Open...