Windows 10: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to...

Discus and support Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has rolled out Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 to the Dev and Beta Channels. The latest build ships with a new way to launch games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 6, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to...

Microsoft has rolled out Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 to the Dev and Beta Channels. The latest build ships with a new way to launch games quickly, and fixes an annoying issue related to the System Tray.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to... Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-22616-released.jpg
    What's new in 11 Insider Preview Build 22616

System Tray

Users criticized Microsoft when it removed the ability to rearrange the icons in the System Tray, including those in the "Show hidden icons" flyout of the System Tray, when Build 22581 was released. The functionality has been restored in Build 22616.

However, this might be a temporary fix, as Microsoft says it is working on improving the experience, and will bring back the new System Tray in a future update.

Controller Bar

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 introduces a new feature called the Controller Bar, that offers a new way to access the Xbox Game Bar. You will need an Xbox Controller, and the latest version of Game Bar (currently 5.722.5022.0) to use this feature. It also requires you to opt into the Windows Gaming Preview via the Xbox Insider Hub app.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to... Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-22616-fixes-the-System-Tray-and-brings-a-Controller-bar.jpg

The Controller Bar will pop up when you connect your game pad to the PC. You may access it manually by pressing the Xbox button on the Xbox Controller at any time.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to... Xbox-Game-Bar-Controller.jpg

The bar displays a bunch of shortcuts including the three recent games that you played, and game launchers that are installed on your PC. e.g. Steam, Xbox app, EA Play etc. This list can be useful to quickly launch the games or the clients directly from the Xbox Controller, and also to access other Widgets in the Game Bar.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to... Xbox-Controller-Bar.jpg

Images via Microsoft

Window to switch from Dev to Beta Channel is closing soon

Microsoft has warned users that the window for switching from Dev to Beta Channel is closing soon. If you miss this opportunity, you won't be able to jump between the channels, without clean installing the operating system. If you want to change to the Build builds, open the Settings app, navigate to the Windows Update section, and click on Windows Insider Program. Click on the drop-down menu next to "Choose your Insider settings", and select the Beta Channel.

Fixes in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616

Microsoft says that it has fixed an issue that was causing some apps, including the Settings app to be blank, when they were opened after rebooting or upgrading the OS. Projecting to Wireless devices should not cause Quick Settings to crash. An issue that was causing the process list in the Task Manager to fluctuate between Apps & Background groups when clicking on Efficiency mode, has been resolved.

Text in the Windows Sandbox should no longer appear as black boxes. The reliability of Desktop Windows Manager (DWM), and File Explorer has been patched. Using a 3-finger swipe gesture on touch screen devices will not cause animations to stop working in the OS.

Known Issues in Build 22616

Live Captions may not be displayed while using some full screen apps, such as video players. If you had an app open near the top of the screen, and closed it before Live Captions runs, the app will be reopened behind the captions window. You'll need to move the app's window down the screen.

Microsoft has removed the watermark from the lower right corner of the desktop, but says it will be added to Insiders in a future build.

New installations of Windows 11 Pro requires MSA + Internet connectivity

Back in February, Microsoft had revealed that future installs of Windows will require a Microsoft Account and network connectivity for OOBE (out-of-box-experience) setups. The Redmond company has enforced this change in Build 22616. Windows 11 Pro Edition now requires MSA and an internet connection while setting up the computer for personal use. Microsoft says that this change does not affect devices that are set up for Work or School.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to rearrange icons in the System Tray appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 6, 2022

2. Insider build previews

Because you are running a Windows Insider Preview build, you might be seeing defects or bugs in the build you are using, which is still under development. I suggest you use the Feedback Hub to submit a bug report detailing your problem.

You should only run Windows Insider Builds for testing purposes, not for production.

I recommend you revert to a commercial build such as the recently released Windows 10, 1803 revision.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, May 6, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build has never updated

I want to add this for anyone in the future that may come across this post.

I followed the advice of @Ramhound and the links he provided in the comments and created a new VM in Azure from the downloaded image of Build 14295, which was the closest available ISO build. I followed all the steps to connect my MS account to the VM for insider preivew. I changed my insider preview settings to Fast track. I even used my MS account to sign into the VM.

I checked the registry settings as suggested by this article and ensured everything there was correct. Even after all this, I still did not receive the 14316 build.

I diligently checked my machine multiple times per day. I manually checked for updates. I restarted the machine several times. I changed my settings to developer mode. Even after following all these steps, I still did not receive the build.

Finally! Today, after a week of waiting, I logged into the VM, and the build was there. I do not believe any of this extra work I did helped....but I did learn some stuff from this, so it was not a complete waste of time. I think I would have received the build if I would have just left my VM as it was and kept waiting.

tldr - From my experience, I think the best advice is to just be patient and wait. If you have waited a significant amount of time (2 weeks), then maybe look into the other solutions.

Alex Chance, May 6, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to...

Windows 10 Insider Preview Install Failed

Hello Simpson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267?
    • Which Intel drivers are you referring to?
    • Are you referring to Intel drivers deployed through Windows Updates?
    • Did you get any error message when they fail?

From your description, I suspect that the problem might be due to unsuccessful installation of preview build caused this issue. Suggest you to check installing the build again to see if the same thing happens again. If you don't see the
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267
    update, then please check it after sometime. Refer this link
    to learn more about Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267.

Give us above details to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to...

1. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22616 brings a Controller bar and restores the option to... - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23521 brings new options to the Snipping Tool, Never...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23521 brings new options to the Snipping Tool, Never...: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23521 to the Dev Channel. The latest update brings a couple of new options to the Snipping Tool, and improves the Taskbar experience. Never Combined Mode for Taskbar Older versions of Windows had a Never Combined Mode...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 brings an End Task button to the Taskbar's...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 brings an End Task button to the Taskbar's...: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23451 is now available for users in the Dev Channel. The latest update adds a new shortcut to the Taskbar's context menu. Windows 11 will let you End Task from Taskbar's right-click menu Sometimes apps or games may not respond, and you...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 brings new File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 brings new File Explorer: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 to the Dev Channel. It brings a new Volume Mixer experience, File Explorer based on WinUI 3 and more. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25309 File Explorer WinUI 3 Windows 11 is getting a...
  5. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25201 brings an expanded view to the widgets board

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25201 brings an expanded view to the widgets board: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25201 to the Dev Channel. The update brings an expanded view to the widgets board, removes the new Search bar from the Taskbar. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25201 Expanded view in the...
  6. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22567 brings a new Open With dialog style, Smart App Control

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22567 brings a new Open With dialog style, Smart App Control: Windows 11 Build 22567 has been released to the Insider Program, for users who have opted into the Dev Channel. The new version changes the appearance of the Open With dialog, introduces a new security feature, and fixes some bugs in the operating system. [ATTACH] New Open...
  7. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22523 changes some Control Panel options

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22523 changes some Control Panel options: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22523 is now available for users in the Developer Channel. It makes some changes to some options in the Control Panel, Alt + Tab and Task View. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22523 Uninstall Programs, Windows...
  8. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22518 brings Spotlight wallpapers for desktop, Voice...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22518 brings Spotlight wallpapers for desktop, Voice...: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22518 is now available for participants in the Developer Channel. It brings a couple of new features, and fixes quite a few issues. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Build 22518 Spotlight Collection Backgrounds The lock screen on Windows...
  9. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.71 has been released; brings an Entertainment...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.71 has been released; brings an Entertainment...: Microsoft has released the Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.71 to the Dev Channel. Here's what's new in the latest version of the operating system. [ATTACH] Entertainment widget Build 22000.65 had the following widgets to choose from: Calendar, To Do, Tips, Sports,...
  10. Windows 11 Insider Build Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Insider Build Preview: I wanted to know if there is any problem when we download the Windows 11 Insider Preview?Will it remove all the data from the previous windows 10 when we update to the insider build preview of windows 11?Is it safe?When the original windows 11 comes out can we update the...