Windows 10: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the...

Discus and support Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 has been released for testers who have opted in to the Developer Channel of the Insider Program. It introduces a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 15, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the...

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 has been released for testers who have opted in to the Developer Channel of the Insider Program. It introduces a couple of controversial changes to the user experience.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the... Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-25158-introduces-a-large-Search-the-Web-shortcut-on-the-Taskbar.jpg

What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158

Search the Web shortcut on the Taskbar

The magnifying glass icon for Search on the taskbar, has been replaced with a large Search the Web shortcut. The functionality of the app remains unchanged. Clicking on it opens the search panel, and also changes the background color of the bar to a blue accent.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the... Search-the-Web-shortcut-on-the-Taskbar.jpg

That is just one of the 3 user experiences that Microsoft is testing, here is a screenshot that shows all 3 versions.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the... Microsoft-is-testing-new-search-buttons-on-windows-11.jpg

Notification badges for Widgets

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the... Windows-11-widgets-notification-badge.jpg

The Widgets shortcut on the taskbar will display notification badges, when you click on it the Widgets panel opens, and you will see a banner at the top of the board that triggered the notification badge. So, that's essentially an alert for a new article.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the... Windows-11-widgets-notification-banner.jpg

Not a fan of the changes? You can hide the Search bar and Widgets icon from the Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar items, click the toggles next to Search, and Widgets.

(some images via Microsoft)

Other changes in Build 25158

DNS over TLS testing is now available for Windows DNS client query protection. Ethiopic language support has been improved with new texture of text, and the Nyala font has been updated to support syllables for the Gurage language orthography.

Fixes in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158

The net adapter green screen issue that was causing bugchecks with error message KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in NetAdapterCx.sys, has been fixed. The entry for System in the Data Usage section under Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced network settings > Data Usage, has been renamed to System and Windows Update.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the... Fixes-in-Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-25158.jpg

The Start menu should no longer crash while opening it or trying to move pinned apps to a folder with the hotkey CTRL + Shift + Right Arrow. An issue that was causing pinned app icons to get stuck on the taskbar after uninstalling the apps, has been resolved.

Users should not lose connectivity while turning on mobile hotspot. The option to toggle the hotspot should not be greyed out. Microsoft has fixed bugs that were resulting in the Microsoft Store failing to download apps with the error 0x80080204, and app remediation failures with error 0x803FB004.

Various crash issues have been patched, including scenarios where Suggested Actions were triggered, accessing the Your Phone App, navigating to the Bluetooth & Devices > Printers & Scanners page, trying to use Cast from the Quick Settings (ARM 64 PCs), navigating through File Explorer with OneDrive enabled, command bar flyouts, and opening the Widgets board.

Task View's performance has been improved. The two-finger triple tap touch gesture in Narrator will dismiss context menus correctly. The accessibility feature will read the uninstallation prompt when trying to uninstall an app from Start. Task Manager was grouping some services as child processes of Microsoft Edge, this bug has been patched.

Known issues in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158

There are 3 new known issues in the latest build. SQL Server Management Studio may fail to launch. The notification bade may be misaligned on the taskbar. The new notification banner may not appear in the Widgets board.

Microsoft is yet to fix the issues related to Easy Anti-Cheat, misaligned up arrow in File Explorer tabs, the Widgets temperature units, and Live Captions.

File Explorer tabs were enabled by default for me in this build, I'm not sure if that applies to everyone since it hasn't been mentioned in the release notes.

Microsoft has been toying with the UI quite a bit in recent times, and never provides an option to choose which style users may want to use, for example, you can't switch between the new Search icon/bar or the old one. Why would they include a Search bar, and not allow users to type in it? That's why I recommend hiding the icon entirely, and use the Start Menu.

What do you think about the UI changes?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the Taskbar appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 15, 2022
  2. Pauli O Win User

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22504.1010 - UPDATE FAILED

This may have same issue which is listed build 22504 release announcement as "know issue".

• Some devices may bugcheck with error code 0xc1900101-0x4001c when installing this build. If you hit this, after the device rolls back to the previous build, you may want to pause updates until we release a fix.
    Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 | Windows Insider Blog

In future I recommend to post insider related questions to dedicated Insider Forum.

Results in Windows Insider Program - Microsoft Community

Pauli O, Jul 15, 2022
  3. faizfakhruddin, Jul 15, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the...

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the...

1. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25158 introduces a large Search the Web shortcut on the... - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. Windows 11 completely bricked. Insider Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 completely bricked. Insider Preview Builds: Hi guys,I was using windows 11 22623.746 before upgrading to 22623.870. I cancelled the 22623.870 update and the laptop was causing a issue today. Is there anything to solve this? Because i am worried really much. Microsoft said that beta is stable and devs are unstable. I...
  3. Windows 11 completely bricked. Insider Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 completely bricked. Insider Preview Builds: Hi guys,I was using windows 11 22623.746 before upgrading to 22623.870. I cancelled the 22623.870 update and the laptop was causing a issue today. Is there anything to solve this? Because i am worried really much. Microsoft said that beta is stable and devs are unstable. I...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197 re-introduces the Tablet-optimized Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197 re-introduces the Tablet-optimized Taskbar: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197 is now available for users in the Dev Channel. It brings back the Tablet-optimized Taskbar that debuted earlier this year. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25197 Animated icons in the Settings app The Settings...
  5. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25174 introduces a Game Pass widget

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25174 introduces a Game Pass widget: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25174 is now available for users in the Dev Channel. It introduces a new widget, and fixes a handful of bugs. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25174 Game Pass Widget Microsoft has added a Game Pass Widget to the...
  6. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140: Microsoft has released a new version of Windows 11 to the Dev Channel of the Insider Preview Program. You can now update to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140 The latest version focuses on improving the...
  7. How to enable the search widget in Windows 11 Insider Preview Builds for testing

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable the search widget in Windows 11 Insider Preview Builds for testing: Microsoft introduced a search bar on the desktop in Build 25120 that was released yesterday to the Dev Channel in the Insider Preview Program. The feature is being tested on a limited basis, so not everyone has access to it. But, if you can't want to try it, we show you how...
  8. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 introduces a search bar on the desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 introduces a search bar on the desktop: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 to users in the Dev Channel. It introduces a search bar on the desktop [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 The Redmond company is calling it a "lightweight interactive content". Why...
  9. Windows 11 Insider Build Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Insider Build Preview: I wanted to know if there is any problem when we download the Windows 11 Insider Preview?Will it remove all the data from the previous windows 10 when we update to the insider build preview of windows 11?Is it safe?When the original windows 11 comes out can we update the...
  10. insider preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4