Windows 10: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray

Discus and support Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 to the Dev Channel. It adds a VPN status indicator to the network icon in the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 29, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray

Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 to the Dev Channel. It adds a VPN status indicator to the network icon in the system tray.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-25252-adds-a-VPN-status-indicator-on-the-system-tray.jpg

What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252

VPN status indicator on the network icon

Windows 11 will display a badge on the network icon to indicate that you are connected to a VPN. The shield icon is quite useful as you don't have to click the icon to access the Quick Settings and check whether the VPN connection is active or not, and it doesn't clutter the system tray by adding another icon.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-25252-VPN-status-indicator-not-connected.jpg

This feature won't work if you use a VPN client directly, for example, if you have installed the Proton VPN app on your computer, and use it to manage your connection. You will need to set up a VPN profile from the Network and Internet settings to get this badge to show up on the internet icon. I tested this with a Proton VPN IKEv2 profile, and it works perfectly.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-25252-VPN-status-indicator-connected.jpg

Search bar on the Taskbar

Microsoft continues its experiments with the Search bar on the Taskbar. The Redmond company says that it is giving users the option to change the treatment of Search on the Taskbar from the Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar Items. These options are only available for users who have the new experience available to them.

Fixes in Windows 11 Build 25252

Explorer.exe should no longer crash if the Alt+F4 hotkey is triggered and the show hidden icons flyout option is active in the system tray. The battery icon's tooltip will alert you when your device is charging slowly. Users who have the tablet-optimized taskbar can expand the taskbar without invoking the Start menu. Folders in the Start menu were not opening on the first try, Microsoft has fixed this issue.

The issue that was leading some apps such as Media Player to crash while playing media in the background has been patched. A bugcheck with the error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION was occurring after upgrading to the previous flight, this issue has been resolved in the latest update. Windows should not put your PC to sleep if it is configured to stay awake. Copying files from network to local drives was slower than normal, this bug has also been patched.

Known issues in Windows 11 Build 25252

8 new bugs have been added to the list of known issues in the Windows 11 Insider Preview Program's Dev Channel. Five of these issues are related to the search box in the tablet optimized taskbar.

A floating search box may appear on the desktop when you change the primary monitor, Microsoft is asking users to toggle the Search option under the Personalization > Taskbar > Search page as a workaround for this problem. The search box may not be visible on non-active monitors when the search flyout is open, this issue only affects users who have the “Show my taskbar on all displays” enabled in their Settings. Clicking the search box will result in a flash before the flyout appears. There are some text layout issues in the search box in right-to-left display languages like Arabic. Some Japanese IME candidate items may appear to be clipped inside the search box.

The Widgets panel may not be visible for some users. Microsoft is recommending the affected users to download and install the Windows Web Experience Pack from the Microsoft Store before upgrading to Windows 11 Build 25252. If you skip the Widgets app and upgrade to the latest build, it will result in Explorer.exe to crash in a loop, and you will have to roll back to the previous build.

A bug in Windows 11 Build 25247 and above is preventing users from accessing certain secondary drives and PCI devices. The affected devices may also display an error in Device Manager. Accessing the Bluetooth section from the Quick Settings may lead to a crash, users are advised to access the Settings > Bluetooth & Devices page to manage their devices until a fix for the problem is released.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.1020 and 22623.1020 have been released to the Beta Channel, with support for new Braille displays, input and output in Narrator.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 29, 2022
  2. Pauli O Win User

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22504.1010 - UPDATE FAILED

This may have same issue which is listed build 22504 release announcement as "know issue".

• Some devices may bugcheck with error code 0xc1900101-0x4001c when installing this build. If you hit this, after the device rolls back to the previous build, you may want to pause updates until we release a fix.
    Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504 | Windows Insider Blog

In future I recommend to post insider related questions to dedicated Insider Forum.

Results in Windows Insider Program - Microsoft Community

Pauli O, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Taskbar Tray icon not showing

Always a good idea to read Blog posts for the known issues.

• [NEW] After upgrading to Build 22610, the “Show hidden icons” flyout in the system tray may disappear completely for some Insiders, even though it shows as “on” under Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and “Other system tray icons”. We are investigating the issue. As a workaround if you need access to the icons that would show in the “Show hidden icons” flyout, you can go right-click on taskbar to open the Taskbar settings page, navigate to the “Other system tray icons” and individuals toggle specific apps to “On” until the issue is resolved.
    Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22610 | Windows Insider Blog

It would be fixed in the future.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Nov 29, 2022
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray

Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray [​IMG]

Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray - CNET

Borg 386, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25252 adds a VPN status indicator on the system tray - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. Windows 11 completely bricked. Insider Preview Builds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 completely bricked. Insider Preview Builds: Hi guys,I was using windows 11 22623.746 before upgrading to 22623.870. I cancelled the 22623.870 update and the laptop was causing a issue today. Is there anything to solve this? Because i am worried really much. Microsoft said that beta is stable and devs are unstable. I...
  3. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25145 adds OneDrive management to the Settings app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25145 adds OneDrive management to the Settings app: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25145 to the Dev Channel. The update introduces a faster way to manage your OneDrive subscription. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25145 OneDrive storage alert and subscription management...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140: Microsoft has released a new version of Windows 11 to the Dev Channel of the Insider Preview Program. You can now update to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140 The latest version focuses on improving the...
  5. Windows 11 Insider Preview - Pulse Secure VPN issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Insider Preview - Pulse Secure VPN issue: Hi there,After updating to recent insider builds Currently on version 22593.1, I am unable to connect to pulse receiving error code 1205. It has worked for the past few months on Windows 11 however it stopped working all of a sudden. When trying to "go back" I noticed there...
  6. Windows 11 Insider Preview - Pulse Secure VPN issue

Windows 11 Insider Preview - Pulse Secure VPN issue: Hi there,After updating to recent insider builds Currently on version 22593.1, I am unable to connect to pulse receiving error code 1205. It has worked for the past few months on Windows 11 however it stopped working all of a sudden. When trying to "go back" I noticed there...
  7. Windows 11 Insider Build Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Insider Build Preview: I wanted to know if there is any problem when we download the Windows 11 Insider Preview?Will it remove all the data from the previous windows 10 when we update to the insider build preview of windows 11?Is it safe?When the original windows 11 comes out can we update the...
  8. insider preview builds

insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  9. Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray

Add a hard-drive activity indicator to the Windows system tray: Once upon a time, all desktops and laptops had LEDs that would blink whenever there was hard drive activity. Somewhere along the way, PC manufacturers decided this wasn't necessary, but I disagree: If your computer is suddenly non-responsive, it can help to know if there's...
  10. No Progress indicator on latest build downloading status

No Progress indicator on latest build downloading status: Hi there I'm surprised that on downloading the build there's no indication of its current progress or even WHERE it gets downloaded to. I'd like a bit more control over this -- especially on the % download. Cheers jimbo 2580