Windows 10: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style

Discus and support Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft began experimenting with the Windows 11 Search button on the Taskbar a few months ago. The feature, which was previous only rolled out to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Feb 10, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style

Microsoft began experimenting with the Windows 11 Search button on the Taskbar a few months ago. The feature, which was previous only rolled out to a limited number of users, is now available for all users.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style Windows-11-Preview-Build-25295-lets-users-change-the-Taskbars-Search-style.jpg

Windows 11 Preview Build 25295 lets users change the Taskbar's Search style

Before we discuss the feature, I should mention that the new options are only available in Windows 11 Preview Build 25295 that has been released to participants in the Dev Channel of the Windows Insider Preview Program.

There are three appearances that you can choose from: Search box, Search icon and label, Search icon only. Each of these differ slightly in appearance and functionality. The default style that Windows 11 is set to use is the Search box, it has a large text box with an image near the right edge, a magnifying glass icon on the left edge with the word "Search" next to it. Clicking inside the box allows you to type your search query directly in it, but it also opens the Start Menu's Search section, that is useful because it displays the search results as you type. The search icon changes in color to a rainbow-esque gradient, when you click in the box.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style Windows-11-Search-box-style.jpg

The next option, Search icon, is similar to what you will find in the stable version of Windows 11. It has a smaller box with the label "Search" and an icon to its left. Unlike the box style, the icon does not let you type your query directly in the text field. However, it does switch the cursor's focus to the search field in the Start Menu. The animation for the Search icon style changes the background color of the box to blue, and the text/icon color to white.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style Windows-11-Search-icon-and-label-style.jpg

The last of the three options is the "Search icon only" style, and it discards the box and the label completely, leaving just the icon on the Taskbar. This is the minimal version of the 3 appearances that you may choose, but is essentially identical to the previous option in terms of how it works, i.e. it opens the Search section in the Start Menu. It shares the same search icon animation as the gradient effect in the Search box.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style Windows-11-Search-icon-only-style.jpg

When Martin wrote about the big search field on the Taskbar, he called it an unnecessary addition. He makes a valid point. Not everyone may want to have an extra button on the Taskbar, let alone a gigantic search box, thankfully Microsoft has retained the option to remove Search altogether, with the Hide option.

How to change the Taskbar's Search style in Windows 11 Preview

1. Right-click on the Taskbar, and select Taskbar Settings. It opens the Personalization > Taskbar page in the Settings app.

2. The Taskbar Items section at the top of the page has an option for Search.

3. Click on the drop-down menu next to it.

4. Select one of the following options: Search box, Search icon and label, Search icon only, Hide.

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style How-to-change-the-Taskbars-Search-style-in-Windows-11-Preview.jpg

This will change the Search box's style on your Taskbar instantly. You can try each appearance to see which one looks best.

Note: The new styles are not exclusive to the Centered Taskbar, they can also be customized with the left-aligned Taskbar.

I think the Search app would be more useful if it didn't open the Start Menu and displayed all the recommended content. That's what I like about Everything Toolbar, its minimalist approach.

Have you tried the new Search styles on the Taskbar? Share your thoughts about it.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Feb 10, 2023
  2. Pauli O Win User

Windows 11 Insider builds take an EXTREMELY long time to install

This is listed as know issue on Dev channel release announcement.

• Some users are experiencing longer than expected update times installing recent builds. We are actively investigating this issue.
    Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25281 | Windows Insider Blog

Pauli O, Feb 10, 2023
  3. Windows 11 Cortana/Taskbar search

Is there any way to change settings of Windows 10/11 when user search via taskbar/Cortana search and select Documents in option, that search result would include indexes result as well. Right now user can search for indexed folder via File Explorer, in taskbar search it would not find results and suggest to search (with link) in file explorer. Thank you for suggestions.

MilanDrobena, Feb 10, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style

I want to ungroup items on my taskbar. Windows 11. Windows 10 allowed that.

Ungrouping Taskbar items, like many taskbar functionalities, is not available in Windows 11, yet.

List of Changed or removed features/functionalities in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

A 3rd party alternative called ExplorerPatcher may help you in the meantime.

Improve Windows 11 Taskbar functionality using these tools - Your Windows Guide

ExplorerPatcher, a 3rd party tool that aims to bring the older Windows 10 styled functionality in the Windows 11 Taskbar by just adding DLL files in 3 specific directories of WIndows. Because the older code is still present in Windows 11, by putting the DLL file, the Windows 10 styled taskbar is enabled. Some of the functionalities the developer claims the is restored:

• Restores Windows 10 styled taskbar menu.
    • Restore Windows+X context menu.
    • Show app list by default in Start menu.
    • Ability for start menu and search to align left and many more
    How to use ExplorerPatcher

Download the Software from this GitHub Repository:

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style

1. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25295 allows users to change the Taskbar's Search style - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. Insider build 25295 won't upgrade/update nor allow me to change any options concerning...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insider build 25295 won't upgrade/update nor allow me to change any options concerning...: My OEM Windows 10 64bit Windows Pro laptop running Windows 11 Insider build 25295 won't upgrade/update nor allow me to change any options concerning Insider options. It is borked and resetting the PC does not fix the problems. Can I purchase an installation Windows 11 Pro...
  3. Insider build 25295 won't upgrade/update nor allow me to change any options concerning...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insider build 25295 won't upgrade/update nor allow me to change any options concerning...: My OEM Windows 10 64bit Windows Pro laptop running Windows 11 Insider build 25295 won't upgrade/update nor allow me to change any options concerning Insider options. It is borked and resetting the PC does not fix the problems. Can I purchase an installation Windows 11 Pro...
  4. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140: Microsoft has released a new version of Windows 11 to the Dev Channel of the Insider Preview Program. You can now update to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25140 The latest version focuses on improving the...
  5. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25126 allows users to access perpetual Microsoft Office...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25126 allows users to access perpetual Microsoft Office...: Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25126 has been released to the Dev Channel. It brings a revamped Accounts page to allow users to access all supported Microsoft Office products from one place. [ATTACH] What's new in Build 25126 Build 22567 that was rolled out a couple of...
  6. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 introduces a search bar on the desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 introduces a search bar on the desktop: Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 to users in the Dev Channel. It introduces a search bar on the desktop [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25120 The Redmond company is calling it a "lightweight interactive content". Why...
  7. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22563 brings a new Taskbar style for tablets, Dynamic...: Windows 11 Build 22563 has been released for users who have opted into the Dev Channel of the Insider Preview Program. The new version ships with many fixes, and introduces some emojis, a new Taskbar style for touchscreen devices, and more. [ATTACH] What's new in Windows 11...
  8. Windows 11 Insider Build Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Insider Build Preview: I wanted to know if there is any problem when we download the Windows 11 Insider Preview?Will it remove all the data from the previous windows 10 when we update to the insider build preview of windows 11?Is it safe?When the original windows 11 comes out can we update the...
  9. insider preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  10. Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds

in Windows 10 News
    Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds: Hi everyone, we’re hard at work on the next builds that we’ll send out to you for PC and Mobile. I don’t have an update on timing for that quite yet, but I do have some important changes to tell you about that are coming with the next PC build as we get ready for July 29th....