Windows 10: Windows 11 Instability with Microsoft Account

Discus and support Windows 11 Instability with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi All,I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 weeks ago. Ever since while using Microsoft Accounts, Windows Hello keeps loosing all accounts PIN information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PhilipPJM, May 31, 2022.

1. PhilipPJM Win User

Windows 11 Instability with Microsoft Account

Hi All,I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 weeks ago. Ever since while using Microsoft Accounts, Windows Hello keeps loosing all accounts PIN information as well as Windows Profiles. 3 times now I've had to restore data from backup because Windows appears to have deleted it! I've moved back to a local account as a workaround and this appears to have stabilised it for me, but now I'm blocked from using Outlook with my hotmail.co.uk email address as it insists that the account is used with Windows Hello to work with Outlook. Is anyone else having this issue and if so, how have you solved it?In addi

:)

PhilipPJM, May 31, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 11 Instability with Microsoft Account :(

Zakin, May 31, 2022
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, May 31, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Windows 11 Instability with Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Instability Microsoft Account

2. Gaming instability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming instability: My gaming PC has become near useless for gaming in the recent month with each game crashing to desktop either immediately at launch or half an hour into play. I'm not sure what's causing my issues as I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything including windows 3 times. I'm...
  3. Windows 11 gui instability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 gui instability: Why this issue happened and how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-gui-instability/d18cf661-309c-417d-b7f4-01a4445c45a4
  4. Windows 11 gui instability

Windows 11 gui instability: Why this issue happened and how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-gui-instability/d18cf661-309c-417d-b7f4-01a4445c45a4
  5. Windows 11, 2H22 System Instability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, 2H22 System Instability: Hello,Its been 4-6 months since i bought my new laptop which is Asus tuf f15 I5-10th genSpecifications :8 GB RAMIntel I5-10300H @ 2.5 GHzWindows 11 Supported preinstalledNvidia GTX 1650512 GB SSD64 Bit ArchitectureMy agony started when i recently updated it to Windows 11,...
  6. Windows 11, 2H22 System Instability

Windows 11, 2H22 System Instability: Hello,Its been 4-6 months since i bought my new laptop which is Asus tuf f15 I5-10th genSpecifications :8 GB RAMIntel I5-10300H @ 2.5 GHzWindows 11 Supported preinstalledNvidia GTX 1650512 GB SSD64 Bit ArchitectureMy agony started when i recently updated it to Windows 11,...
  7. Windows 11 Instability with Microsoft Account

Windows 11 Instability with Microsoft Account: Hi All,I upgraded to Windows 11 about 2 weeks ago. Ever since while using Microsoft Accounts, Windows Hello keeps loosing all accounts PIN information as well as Windows Profiles. 3 times now I've had to restore data from backup because Windows appears to have deleted it!...
  8. Windows 11 Input Lag and System Instability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Input Lag and System Instability: Since about a week ago, I've have two Windows 11 computers come crashing down identically with extreme input lag, slow boot, explorer crashing, high CPU usage on random Windows components 100%, slowness to do absolutely anything, rendering the computers completely unusable.I...
  9. Windows 11 Input Lag and System Instability

Windows 11 Input Lag and System Instability: Since about a week ago, I've have two Windows 11 computers come crashing down identically with extreme input lag, slow boot, explorer crashing, high CPU usage on random Windows components 100%, slowness to do absolutely anything, rendering the computers completely unusable.I...
  10. wifi instability

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi instability: My WIFI connection from my ASUS X550CA laptop periodically drops while I'm online and can only reconnect after a reboot of the laptop. Many other devices in the house remain connected with no problem, so I believe it is isolated to this device which is running Windows 10...