Windows 10: Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key?

Discus and support Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,I'm thinking of repurposing my old Windows 10 & 7 PC for my sister, whose laptop is slowly dying, as a Christmas present.This will involve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TJLewis, Oct 7, 2022.

1. TJLewis Win User

Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key?

Hi Everyone,I'm thinking of repurposing my old Windows 10 & 7 PC for my sister, whose laptop is slowly dying, as a Christmas present.This will involve some hardware replacement, Motherboard, CPU and RAM but my question concerns the installation of Windows 11.This PC was running Windows 10 Home alongside Windows 7 on a retail license key.What I want to know is, once the necessary hardware has been replaced, could I use my retail Windows 10 License Key to install Windows 11 as a "Clean" install, or would I have to Install Windows 10 first, then run the upgrade wizard?Or indeed, is any of t

:)

TJLewis, Oct 7, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 7, 2022
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 product key will reset activation to the standard retail channel for activation. It might just activate (if there was a previous digital license for Windows 10 for that computer established with Microsoft). Once Windows 10 is back on the retail activation channel, then more than likely changing the product key to the Windows 8 product key using the same method may work.

NavyLCDR, Oct 7, 2022
  4. ironwolf Win User

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key? - Similar Threads - Install Activate retail

2. Windows 11 activation with new Windows 10 Retails product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation with new Windows 10 Retails product key: I understand that Microsoft does not sell Windows 10 online/offline at present. However the Win10 pro retail physical version are available at many stores. And I am found that those are little bit cheap compared to Win11 pro retail from online/offlineMy quarry is that if I...
  3. Windows 11 activation with new Windows 10 Retails product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 activation with new Windows 10 Retails product key: I understand that Microsoft does not sell Windows 10 online/offline at present. However the Win10 pro retail physical version are available at many stores. And I am found that those are little bit cheap compared to Win11 pro retail from online/offlineMy quarry is that if I...
  4. Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key?

Windows 11 Install and Activate from a retail Windows 10 Product Key?: Hi Everyone,I'm thinking of repurposing my old Windows 10 & 7 PC for my sister, whose laptop is slowly dying, as a Christmas present.This will involve some hardware replacement, Motherboard, CPU and RAM but my question concerns the installation of Windows 11.This PC was...
  5. Windows 11 Pro Retail Box Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro Retail Box Product Key: I have activated my unactivated Windows 11 Home by first inserting generic keys, then followed by my purchased Windows 11 Pro product key. It shows that my windows is activated by with a digital license. When I try to check my product key in Windows cmd through "wmic path...
  6. Windows 11 Pro Retail Box Product Key

Windows 11 Pro Retail Box Product Key: I have activated my unactivated Windows 11 Home by first inserting generic keys, then followed by my purchased Windows 11 Pro product key. It shows that my windows is activated by with a digital license. When I try to check my product key in Windows cmd through "wmic path...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Pro with Retailer Product Key: Got a new PC for Christmas, it's not a prebuilt PC. Everytime I turn on the PC a notification appears that I need to activate Windows. Unfortunately, no matter what I do, restart the PC, update Windows, etc. I'm unable to activate it. I started looking online about this,...
  8. Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key

Windows 10 Retail activation on another PC without product key: I bought a windows 7 many years ago, and upgraded to windows 10 when it came out. My windows is retail, so as I know I can deactivate and install on another PC. I'm about to replace my computer, but my product key for the old windows 7 is lost in the past. How can I activate...
  9. retail product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    retail product key: i like to if the product key sold by Bestbuy store is legit or a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retail-product-key/6bb8c0dc-a139-4344-a068-8d521fe0fd04
  10. windows 10 activation with a retail key

windows 10 activation with a retail key: hello so my problem is simple i have a windows 10 professional retail key not affiliated with my Microsoft account about 5 month ago i bought a new hard drive and installed a new copy of windows on it (yes the version is pro) and when i entered the key it said that it wasn't...