Windows 10: Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

Discus and support Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Support team,I have installed a new computer with a Samsung 980PRO Nvme drive. The drive is recognized in the UEFI bios.When I launch the Window11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Harald Broecker, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

Dear Support team,I have installed a new computer with a Samsung 980PRO Nvme drive. The drive is recognized in the UEFI bios.When I launch the Window11 installer there is no driver available to continue installation. In the Command Linewindow I have set the Nvme drive with diskpart to MBR. But still the drive is not shown to the Windows installationprogram.I looked to find drivers, took those of the Intel website for Nvme/Windows 11, but they are not compatible,the Windows 11 does not accept them. I couldn't find anything about Drivers for Samsung Nvmes on theSamsung website.Do you have any su

:)

Harald Broecker, Nov 28, 2023

2. Bootable NVME not recognized in windows or bios after Windows 11 latest update

As the title suggest, I updated Windows 11 last night. This morning when I tried to boot up I went directly into the bios (not the first time this has happened to me after an UPDATE). The bios showed no bootable device available. My other drives (one being another NVME) show up however. I've looked at a number of videos detailing changes that can made in the bios settings but nothing has worked. I also switched the nvme slots, it still can't be recognized. I did a fresh install of windows on another nvme drive and everything works well, so clearly (at least I believe) the issue isn't with my MB. Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, are there any solutions? Thanks.

Pantheon Mage, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

1. Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive - Similar Threads - install process recognizing

2. External m.2 NVMe drives suddenly not recognized in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External m.2 NVMe drives suddenly not recognized in Windows 11: I have 3 external m.2 NVMe drives in USB enclosures. These were working fine, then suddenly Windows 11 does not see them. The same problem on both my laptop and PC, so the problem must be common to both. Laptop running 22H2, PC running 23H2 PC updated from 22H2 on...
  3. External m.2 NVMe drives suddenly not recognized in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External m.2 NVMe drives suddenly not recognized in Windows 11: I have 3 external m.2 NVMe drives in USB enclosures. These were working fine, then suddenly Windows 11 does not see them. The same problem on both my laptop and PC, so the problem must be common to both. Laptop running 22H2, PC running 23H2 PC updated from 22H2 on...
  4. Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive

Windows 11 install process not recognizing NVMe drive: Dear Support team,I have installed a new computer with a Samsung 980PRO Nvme drive. The drive is recognized in the UEFI bios.When I launch the Window11 installer there is no driver available to continue installation. In the Command Linewindow I have set the Nvme drive with...
  5. no drives recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 they are

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no drives recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 they are: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x a samsung 512GB in the sata portthe stock 512GB gen4x4 ssd in m.2 port 1 and i just bought 2x Lexar...
  6. no drives recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 they are

no drives recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 they are: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x a samsung 512GB in the sata portthe stock 512GB gen4x4 ssd in m.2 port 1 and i just bought 2x Lexar...
  7. NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x stock 512GB gen4x4ssd and just bought 2x Lexar NM790 4 TB ssd's witch all work fine in windows 11!i...
  8. NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is

NVMe drive not recognized by Windows 11 installer but in windows 11 it is: im trying to make a clean install on my Acer Nitro notebook but i cant get it to work.hardware:Acer Nitro 5 AN515-58-77VYi7-12700H 2x PCIe Gen4x4 slots and 1x satai have 1x stock 512GB gen4x4ssd and just bought 2x Lexar NM790 4 TB ssd's witch all work fine in windows 11!i...
  9. Windows 10 Pro install from usb to nvme not recognizing the drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro install from usb to nvme not recognizing the drive: I am trying to upgrade to windows 10 pro...from usb to an nvme drive...however during install it does not recognize the drive, and displays no drives at all... -- i am trying to figure out what driver to download nad extract, because i did so with every one from Dell that...
  10. Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is not recognizing an NVMe M.2 drive: Have Win 10Pro everything is fine except I can Not get a new NVMe M.2 to be recognized correctly by the OS it sees it as a SATA even though it is in a M.2 slot on Motherboard. I need more of an order of things to be done between the BIOS and Win 10. I installed a Samsung 970...