Windows 10: Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10

Discus and support Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, as the title says, the installation assistant freezes whenever i try to update. I've done everything, checked my PC with PC Health, checked for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jordan Pelletier, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10

So, as the title says, the installation assistant freezes whenever i try to update. I've done everything, checked my PC with PC Health, checked for updates and the update did not show up, and I've even tried to troubleshoot the Windows update, but it can't solve the problem.

:)

Jordan Pelletier, Nov 30, 2023

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 30, 2023
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10

1. Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Installation Assistant Keeps

2. Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10: So, as the title says, the installation assistant freezes whenever i try to update. I've done everything, checked my PC with PC Health, checked for updates and the update did not show up, and I've even tried to troubleshoot the Windows update, but it can't solve the problem....
  3. Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Installation Assistant Keeps Freezing whenever I try to update from Windows 10: So, as the title says, the installation assistant freezes whenever i try to update. I've done everything, checked my PC with PC Health, checked for updates and the update did not show up, and I've even tried to troubleshoot the Windows update, but it can't solve the problem....
  4. When i try to install the windows 11 from the instalation assistant it stops installing at...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When i try to install the windows 11 from the instalation assistant it stops installing at...: i tried an sfc scannow scan im on windows 10 ofcourse i even tried restarting by turning off my power supply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-install-the-windows-11-from-the/e3849cd0-a44d-48b1-b45f-42d223f9f6f1
  5. When i try to install the windows 11 from the instalation assistant it stops installing at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i try to install the windows 11 from the instalation assistant it stops installing at...: i tried an sfc scannow scan im on windows 10 ofcourse i even tried restarting by turning off my power supply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-install-the-windows-11-from-the/e3849cd0-a44d-48b1-b45f-42d223f9f6f1
  6. When i try to install the windows 11 from the instalation assistant it stops installing at...

7. Whenever I try to update and install to Windows 11 from 10, it gives me 0x80004005. I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to update and install to Windows 11 from 10, it gives me 0x80004005. I've...: I've searched so many websites and tried all of the troubleshooting advice that they all had, but none of them did anything. It always takes me to the installing page, but gets stuck at a random percentage then just restarts and tells me a error encountered....
  8. Whenever I try to update and install to Windows 11 from 10, it gives me 0x80004005. I've...

Whenever I try to update and install to Windows 11 from 10, it gives me 0x80004005. I've...: I've searched so many websites and tried all of the troubleshooting advice that they all had, but none of them did anything. It always takes me to the installing page, but gets stuck at a random percentage then just restarts and tells me a error encountered....
  9. Whenever I try to update and install to Windows 11 from 10, it gives me 0x80004005. I've...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Installation fails whenever I try to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

Installation fails whenever I try to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10: I have an admittedly dated Acer Aspire that is currently running Windows 8.1. Previously, I successfully upgraded to Windows 10 but soon learned that the online certification courses I was taking were not compatible with Windows 10, so I had to roll back to Windows 8.1, and...