Windows 10: Windows 11 internet speed limitation

Discus and support Windows 11 internet speed limitation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello!I am facing a strange issue, namely my internet speed result is very different on my Win11 PC, depending I use browser or desktop application. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tibor_77, May 7, 2022.

1. Tibor_77 Win User

Windows 11 internet speed limitation

Hello!I am facing a strange issue, namely my internet speed result is very different on my Win11 PC, depending I use browser or desktop application. I have ethernet connection.speedtest.net: ping 13ms, 810/149Mbps down/upSpeedtest destop app: ping 10ms, 141/75Mbps down/upSame ethernet location tested with Macbook Air:speedtest.net: 8ms, 937/940Mbps down/upSpeedtest desktop app: 7ms, 941/941Mbps down/upMy ISP connection is 2.5Gbps fiber via Zyxel AX7501-B0 router provided by ISP, due to the limitation caused by 1Gb switch on my home network the theoretical max. would be 1Gbps down/up.

:)

Tibor_77, May 7, 2022
  2. Kyle Win User

Windows 10 Pro Internet Speed Limitation?

Hi guys.
    I've had to mark this as unresolved and bring it back up as the issue has returned. I am not sure what it is that is causing this as I haven't installed any program that would limit, manage/handle bandwidth usage.
    Below are a few screenshots of my Programs and Features list and the list of Windows Updates:

Windows 11 internet speed limitation [​IMG]

To also note; I have done a few speedtests and the result is the same as before I reinstalled Windows. (100-144Mbps) After reinstalling, for a few weeks I was getting my full speed. (380Mbps) Then it suddenly capped. My iPhone XR (being connected to my 5GHz WiFi network) gets the full speed.

I have also redone the "tweaks" for trying to remove the limitation as in tutorials on Google. No help. None of these "fixes" actually work. That is to say; updating my network card driver (in this case my TP-Link TG-3468 Gigabit Ethernet PCI card), using Command Prompt with the few commands suggested to use, GPEdit.msc, etc. None of these work. Windows 10 is still limiting/capping my Internet and it is beyond frustrating. Delivery Optimization is also disabled and Limit Reservable Bandwidth in QoS Packet Scheduler is set to 0%.

I should also note that my Private Internet Access VPN is disabled.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Typing this into an elevated command prompt seemed to allow me to use more of my speed, but not 350Mbps+.
    I'm assuming it is peak times at the moment.

Windows 11 internet speed limitation b79c8b13-8099-463d-bea7-e6b97e46b502.png

Kyle, May 7, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 7, 2022
  4. Windows 11 internet speed limitation

Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited

Hi,

I Have installed on my brand new laptop windows 10 Home "already updated", I have a 10 Mbps internet connection but only reaches 1.2 Mbps, I ran a speed test on my phone that uses the same WiFi and is reaching 9 Mbps. Something is limiting the bandwidth
    almost in 90% of its capacity, WiFi driver is Updated and I'm sitting next to the modem to get a better signal strength and I get full signal bars but the speed still the same, I already tried some basic troubleshooting suggested by Microsoft but still does
    not work, I don't think something is consuming the bandwidth because my phone gets a good speed. I don't know what else to do.

Modified title from: Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSHNKANTAM, May 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 internet speed limitation

1. Windows 11 internet speed limitation - Similar Threads - internet speed limitation

2. Windows 11 is limiting my internet speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is limiting my internet speeds: When I go into my network connections tab under my control panel I can see that the speed of the connection varies but usually stays between 150Mb/s to 180Mb/s however when it comes to browsing or downloading things I'm only getting between 3-5Mb/s.I have already gone through...
  3. Windows 11 is limiting my internet speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is limiting my internet speeds: When I go into my network connections tab under my control panel I can see that the speed of the connection varies but usually stays between 150Mb/s to 180Mb/s however when it comes to browsing or downloading things I'm only getting between 3-5Mb/s.I have already gone through...
  4. Windows 11 internet speed limitation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 internet speed limitation: Hello!I am facing a strange issue, namely my internet speed result is very different on my Win11 PC, depending I use browser or desktop application. I have ethernet connection.speedtest.net: ping 13ms, 810/149Mbps down/upSpeedtest destop app: ping 10ms, 141/75Mbps down/upSame...
  5. Internet speed limit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed limit: Hi, I'm using Win 10, and I have a cable internet connection, it's a business line, so it needs to be min 270Mb/s, most of the day I can get 75-85Mb/s on any test, but if I unplug the cable for a couple of seconds the speed picks up to 340-360Mb. Any Idea what could be the...
  6. Internet Speed is limited

Internet Speed is limited: So i recently got the 150mbps 5g connection and also on speed tester it gives me the 150mbps speed but somehow on doing other things like downloading games and videos and other stuff it is only limited to 17.6 mbps and does not go any higher than that. i tried searching the...
  7. Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed

Windows 10 Limiting Internet Speed: Had this issue previously about a couple of months ago and solved it by doing "Network Reset" in the settings menu but now that doesn't work. Here's what I did: I flushed my DNS. I tried disabling and re-enabling my network drivers. I completely reset my network...
  8. Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?

Windows 10 limiting my internet speed?: I have a PC running windows 10, all of the latest updates have been installed and drivers are up to date and it is connected to a ethernet cable for internet. I have a gigabit ethernet service. When I run an internet speed test I get somewhere between 14 -40 Megabits/sec...
  9. Internet speed limited to 100mbs

Internet speed limited to 100mbs: Hi! I recently upgraded my internet to 1 GB/s but my PC won't handle more than 100mbs. I tried changing my internet adapter settings to 1GB Full Duplex but the status still shows 100mbs. I couldn't change that setting. So I disabled Windows firewall and this time I managed to...
  10. Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows 10 Limiting my Internet Speed?: So long story short, whenever I'm connected to my home WiFi using my trusty Windows powered laptop, with a speed in the range of around 10-15 Mbps, my said trusty laptop slices that speed and only uses half of it. Windows 10 never ceases to amaze me with how creative and...