Windows 10: Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up.

Discus and support Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and from then on, there were tons of problems encountered.Most recent was yesterday when I was trying to log in to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pau Cheav, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Pau Cheav Win User

Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up.

I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and from then on, there were tons of problems encountered.Most recent was yesterday when I was trying to log in to my laptop but it was asking for a PIN instead of my usual password. I never set up any and there is no other sign in option.1. I tried to do a system restore as it helped before when my password sign in disappeared but it didn't worked.2. Tried to search for an alternative way and tried Troubleshoot > Uninstall Updates. It didn't work as well.3. Followed a tutorial posted in another thread to disable the built-in Administrator but to no avail.

:)

Pau Cheav, Mar 6, 2023

2. Windows 10 Xbox App asking for PIN number I never set.

Hi,

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and select Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    • Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.
    Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows without a password
    for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Mar 6, 2023
  3. Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

You can remove the pin of account b by following the steps below.

First log in to account b.

1. Open Settings on Windows 11.
    2. Click on Accounts.
    3. Click the Sign-option tab.
    4. Under the “Ways to sign in” section, click the PIN (Windows Hello) setting.
    5. Click the Remove button in the “Remove this sign-in option” setting.
    6. Once you complete the steps, the PIN will be removed from the account, but you will continue to have access to the account with your password.

Derrick19 - MSFT, Mar 6, 2023
  4. PCBrunett Win User

Windows 11 PIN Set Up

I have a new laptop with Windows 11. During set up, it's asking me to create a PIN. When I enter my PIN twice per the instructions, I get an error message and offer to try again or skip for now. I've tried it dozens of times with the same results, and even reloaded Windows but still have the same problem. Any suggestions? BTW, I also saved my fingerprint, but that does not seem to work either (topic for another time).

PCBrunett, Mar 6, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up. - Similar Threads - asking PIN never

2. Computer keep saying pin is required. I never set up a pin in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keep saying pin is required. I never set up a pin in windows 11: Computer keep saying pin is required to sign in. Never set up a pin. Used face recognition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keep-saying-pin-is-required-i-never-set/17fad9f8-75b3-43d0-b7a8-ddff862b59bd
  3. Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up.

Windows 11 is asking for a PIN that I never set up.: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and from then on, there were tons of problems encountered.Most recent was yesterday when I was trying to log in to my laptop but it was asking for a PIN instead of my usual password. I never set up any and there is no other sign in option.1....
  4. windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....: I purchased this Lenova two months ago and never set up a windows username and password. Now, a windows security access to sign in windows keeps popping up. How do I stop the window from popping up or bypass it?Also, I tried to set up a password in accounts, but it won't let...
  5. windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....

windows security is asking for username and password and I never set up one....only a pin....: I purchased this Lenova two months ago and never set up a windows username and password. Now, a windows security access to sign in windows keeps popping up. How do I stop the window from popping up or bypass it?Also, I tried to set up a password in accounts, but it won't let...
  6. Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up: Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up? I never set a pin and I want to set up a pin but when i click i forgot my pin it sends me through the same process that requires me to set a non-existent pin...
  7. Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up

Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up: Why does it ask me for a pin when setting up a pin even though I never set one up? I never set a pin and I want to set up a pin but when i click i forgot my pin it sends me through the same process that requires me to set a non-existent pin...
  8. Windows 11 asks for a pin when setting up a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 asks for a pin when setting up a pin: I would like to ultimately set up windows hello, but I have to first set up a pin. The weird thing is that I already have a pin set up the way I access my computer from the lock screen. In the sign-in options menu, after I click set up pin, it says that it wants to make sure...
  9. Windows 11 asks for a pin when setting up a pin

Windows 11 asks for a pin when setting up a pin: I would like to ultimately set up windows hello, but I have to first set up a pin. The weird thing is that I already have a pin set up the way I access my computer from the lock screen. In the sign-in options menu, after I click set up pin, it says that it wants to make sure...
  10. Microsoft account asking for a PIN when it was never set up to begin with

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account asking for a PIN when it was never set up to begin with: I cannot log into my personal office account because it asks for a PIN every time I try. I have never set up a PIN for any of my microsoft accounts before. When I try to go to my account settings on my browser to add Windows Hello as a login method, it asks for a PIN of all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 asking for password but i never set one