Windows 10: Windows 11 is blocking an important Website

Discus and support Windows 11 is blocking an important Website in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, my windows 11 machine used to work fine but i don't know when and how it started blocking https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ links.i can't access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GDM Music, Dec 24, 2022.

1. GDM Music Win User

Windows 11 is blocking an important Website

So, my windows 11 machine used to work fine but i don't know when and how it started blocking https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ links.i can't access https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ from any other application than the browserbut things change when i use a VPN but after turning it off, i am back at where i started :-

:)

GDM Music, Dec 24, 2022
  2. Darryll S Win User

Windows 11 is blocking important websites

Since updating my computer with Windows 11, when using both Edge or google, certain websites are blocked for no reason. I need to use these websites for work and school. Please help!

Darryll S, Dec 24, 2022
  3. David-M. Win User
    Windows 11 is blocking important websites

Hi Darryll S,

I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.

Is there any specific error message displayed when trying to access the site? Send a screenshot (Windows + Shift + S).

Which website is being blocked?

Is the issue only occurring on the Windows 11 computer? Is the site working correctly on other devices?

David-M., Dec 24, 2022
  4. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

Windows 11 is blocking an important Website [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Dec 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 is blocking an important Website - Similar Threads - blocking important Website

2. How do I stop Windows 11 from blocking important websites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 11 from blocking important websites?: Hi, I am having problems with Windows 11 blocking important websites like Mozilla.com and my Firefox account and websites I need for school. It is the same in all browsers Firefox Chrome & Bing. The error message says "Unable to connect" and says to try again later but the...
  3. How do I stop Windows 11 from blocking important websites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 11 from blocking important websites?: Hi, I am having problems with Windows 11 blocking important websites like Mozilla.com and my Firefox account and websites I need for school. It is the same in all browsers Firefox Chrome & Bing. The error message says "Unable to connect" and says to try again later but the...
  4. Windows 11 is blocking an important Website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is blocking an important Website: So, my windows 11 machine used to work fine but i don't know when and how it started blocking https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ links.i can't access https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ from any other application than the browserbut things change when i use a VPN but after...
  5. Windows 11 is Blocking Most Websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is Blocking Most Websites: I recently went to a hotel and brought my laptop. It worked fine while I was there. When I got back home, I cannot open Netflix. I began digging into the problem and found that almost half of the websites I went to are blocked with the saying "hmm... can't reach this page" or...
  6. Windows 11 is Blocking Most Websites

Windows 11 is Blocking Most Websites: I recently went to a hotel and brought my laptop. It worked fine while I was there. When I got back home, I cannot open Netflix. I began digging into the problem and found that almost half of the websites I went to are blocked with the saying "hmm... can't reach this page" or...
  7. Windows 11 is blocking websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is blocking websites.: Hi. I was previously using Windows 10 Pro and I could access all websites from my laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 and turns out it is blocking access to most websites. It shows a privacy error and generates warning on the safest websites that I have...
  8. Windows 11 is blocking websites.

Windows 11 is blocking websites.: Hi. I was previously using Windows 10 Pro and I could access all websites from my laptop. I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11 and turns out it is blocking access to most websites. It shows a privacy error and generates warning on the safest websites that I have...
  9. Windows 11 is blocking important websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is blocking important websites: Since updating my computer with Windows 11, when using both Edge or google, certain websites are blocked for no reason. I need to use these websites for work and school. Please help!...
  10. Windows 11 is blocking important websites

Windows 11 is blocking important websites: Since updating my computer with Windows 11, when using both Edge or google, certain websites are blocked for no reason. I need to use these websites for work and school. Please help!...