Windows 10: Windows 11 is creating .bak files for everything

Discus and support Windows 11 is creating .bak files for everything in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello guys,I've recently installed Windows 11 Pro Build 22000.318 and I've noticed a weird and annoying issue.When you edit a file in an editor like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by [Traian], Nov 17, 2021.

1. [Traian] Win User

Windows 11 is creating .bak files for everything

Hello guys,I've recently installed Windows 11 Pro Build 22000.318 and I've noticed a weird and annoying issue.When you edit a file in an editor like Notepad++, then save it, a file.bak is created.This is a major issue when you are developing or writing code, as all your files will get duplicated by a .bakAlso, when I'm pushing to GitHub, I have to be careful to first delete all the .bak files before making a commit. Horror!Is this a general issue with Windows 11, or a setting that can be enabled/disabled?Thanks!

:)

[Traian], Nov 17, 2021
  2. S-and-S Win User

.bak file

A .bak file is a backup copy of a file. It will open with whatever application created the original file.

S-and-S, Nov 17, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    convert .bak files

If the .bak file was created with
    TunesGo, you will have to use TunesGo to open the bak file and extract the songs from the .bak file onto your PC . . .

DaveM121, Nov 17, 2021
  4. logman Win User

how to open a .bak file

I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ?

logman, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 is creating .bak files for everything - Similar Threads - creating bak files

2. asagi bak

in Windows 10 Gaming
    asagi bak: arkadaşlar Windows 11 e geçecem 2025 de. laptopum var. sarj aletim Windows 11 için çalişir mi: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asagi-bak/e1f9993b-8927-4ba3-ac1d-06c1ba9212d3
  3. asagi bak

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asagi bak: arkadaşlar Windows 11 e geçecem 2025 de. laptopum var. sarj aletim Windows 11 için çalişir mi: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asagi-bak/e1f9993b-8927-4ba3-ac1d-06c1ba9212d3
  4. Removing .BAK suffix from a file name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing .BAK suffix from a file name: How can I change .bak extention file to other file type? I intend to extract a .bak extention file but find it difficult since I need to change the extention name first. Any help please?...
  5. Windows 11 is creating .bak files for everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is creating .bak files for everything: Hello guys,I've recently installed Windows 11 Pro Build 22000.318 and I've noticed a weird and annoying issue.When you edit a file in an editor like Notepad++, then save it, a file.bak is created.This is a major issue when you are developing or writing code, as all your files...
  6. I've tried everything, restarting, doing the thing with the bak file where you delete the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've tried everything, restarting, doing the thing with the bak file where you delete the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rec0nWolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lm4ma8/ive_tried_everything_restarting_doing_the_thing/
  7. how to recover profile .bak file

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to recover profile .bak file: Friends, I have accidently deleted Windows .bak profile file from regedit menu & now unable to see my important data. Please advise on how to recover it ? regards Padmaraj...
  8. Deleted .bak file

Deleted .bak file: Hey. I've accidentally deleted my .bak file instead of renaming it because I was having the "we couldn't sign into your account" thing. Now I'm permanently locked out of my account and in some random one. I really don't want to lose my stuff and I just need a solution on how...
  9. .bak file

.bak file: How do I open a .bak file? Have made a backup copy but proving frustrating trying to open the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bak-file/14ebc606-47f5-4744-8aca-418f80303a06"
  10. how to open a .bak file

in Windows 10 Support
    how to open a .bak file: I understand that a .bak file is created as a back up but why would my windows 10 computer create a file I can't open ? 54366