Windows 10: Windows 11 is getting these new features soon

Discus and support Windows 11 is getting these new features soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft plans to release the next Moments update for Windows 11 soon. Moments updates are smaller feature updates that introduce changes to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, May 14, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 is getting these new features soon

Microsoft plans to release the next Moments update for Windows 11 soon. Moments updates are smaller feature updates that introduce changes to the Windows 11 operating system.

The company has not revealed a launch date, but it did push the changes to the Release Preview version of Windows 11, which is an indicator that a release to stable Windows 11 devices is near.

Microsoft released two moments updates and one feature update for Windows 11 up until now. The last Moments update was released in March 2023 and you can check out the features that it introduced here.

Features of the third Windows 11 Moments update

Windows 11 is getting these new features soon Windows-11-Insider-Preview-Build-22557-Live-Captions.jpg

Live Captions support is now available for additional languages: Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), French (France, Canada), German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Spanish, Danish, English (Ireland, other English dialects), Korean. It was available for United States English systems only previously.

Live Captions display captions for video playing on Windows 11. It is a system-wide feature, unlike captions functionality built-into browsers. Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-Ctrl-L to start using it.

Voice Access commands are supported for additional English dialects: English (United Kingdom), English (India), English (New Zealand), English (Canada), English (Australia). The in-app voice command help page shows descriptions and examples now, making it more accessible.

Voice access needs to be enabled under Settings > Accessibility > Speech > Voice Access. Windows 11 downloads a speech model when the feature is turned on for the first time. The update adds new voice commands for text selections and editing to Windows 11:

1. Select from [text 1] to [text 2]
    2. Delete all.
    3. Bold that, underline that, or italicize that.

Smaller changes:

• A VPN status icon is displayed in the System tray area when the device is "connected to a recognized VPN profile".
    • Seconds may be displayed in the clock on the taskbar. This needs to be enabled under Settings > Personalization > Taskbar. Microsoft warns that this may increase power usage and that some devices may not be able to enable the power saving mode.
    • Copy two-factor authentication codes. When 2fa codes are displayed as notification toasts by apps, Windows 11 displays a copy button to quickly copy the code to the Clipboard. Only available for English.
    • Access Key shortcuts in File Explorer. These one-key shortcuts allow users to run commands quickly with just a single tap on a key.
    • Multi-kiosk mode is now supported. This adds the option to set environments for different users on the device. Kiosk mode allows admins to restrict access to certain apps on the device and to block certain functionality. Admins may check the help files for information on the feature.

Windows 11 is getting these new features soon Live-kernel-memory-dumps-in-Task-Manager.jpg

• Task Manager option to create a live kernel memory dump. It includes a "consistent snapshot of kernel memory" and optionally other memory types, and saves these to a dump file. To use the feature, switch to the Details tab in Task Manager, right-click on the System process and select Create live kernel memory dump file. The files are saved to %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\TaskManager\LiveKernelDumps.
    • New Touch keyboard control options. Founder under Settings > Time & language > Typing > Touch keyboard, Windows users have now three options: never, when no keyboard attached, or always. These define if and when a touch keyboard is displayed.
    • Content Adaptive Brightness Control (CABC). Enabled for laptops and 2-in-1 devices, and found under Settings > System > Display > Brightness & color. The available options are Off, Always and On Battery only. Devices need to support CABC.
    • New USB4 hubs and devices Settings page. Found under Settings > Bluetooth & devices > USB > USB4 Hubs and Devices.
    • New Presence Sensing privacy Setting. Found under Settings > Privacy & security > Presence sensing. Read more about Presence Sensing here.
    • Search performance is improved in Settings.
    • Print Screen key behavior is changed. Instead of copying the screen to the Clipboard, a tap on the key will open the Snipping Tool by default. The old print key functionality can be restored in the Settings.
    • Cloud Suggestions and integrated Search suggestions improved for Simplified Chinese.
    • Show 20 most recent tabs when using Alt-Tab. Alt-Tab may display up to 2 most recent tabs when invoked. The feature is found under System > Multitasking > Show tabs from apps when snapping or pressing Alt-Tab.
    • Accounts displaying OneDrive information.

Now You: what is your take on these changes?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 is getting these new features soon appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, May 14, 2023
  2. KimGrace Win User

Media Feature Pack does not appear on windows 11 feature app list.

Hello, can anyone help me. My new computer is Windows 11 and when I follow all the steps to try to install Media Feature Pack, it will not appear in the list as available to install. I'm not sure what to do next.

KimGrace, May 14, 2023
  3. Darksaber Win User
    XBox 360 dashboard gets 125 new features

The next Xbox 360 update is coming along nicely. The download should take less than a minute and will be available to all Xbox 360 Live users. The feature list is quite long, so I suggest you click on the following link for the entire list:Xbox update.

Source: DailyTech

Darksaber, May 14, 2023
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, May 14, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 11 is getting these new features soon - Similar Threads - getting features soon

2. Windows 11's Get Updates as soon as they're available feature explained

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11's Get Updates as soon as they're available feature explained: Microsoft introduced a new feature in stable versions of its Windows 11 operating system recently. It is called "Get Updates as soon as they're available" and a new option in the Windows Updates settings. The feature is not explained on the page and most Windows users may...
  3. Windows 11 is getting these new features in March 2023

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 is getting these new features in March 2023: Microsoft plans to launch the second feature drop update for Windows 11 version 22H2 next month. Feature drops, also called Moments updates, are smaller updates that introduce new features and other improvements regularly in the operating system. [ATTACH] The update has...
  4. My windows 11 is getting updated, but it's not getting the new features listed in the updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 is getting updated, but it's not getting the new features listed in the updates.: Hello,I have been updating my Windows whenever a new update pops-up, but everytime when check the details of the updates, there are some features mentioned which my PC does not get. Currently I'm running on Build 22000.613, which is one of the latest version, but I still...
  5. My windows 11 is getting updated, but it's not getting the new features listed in the updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 is getting updated, but it's not getting the new features listed in the updates.: Hello,I have been updating my Windows whenever a new update pops-up, but everytime when check the details of the updates, there are some features mentioned which my PC does not get. Currently I'm running on Build 22000.613, which is one of the latest version, but I still...
  6. Windows 11 new feature problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 new feature problem: Why the icons of the taskbar keeps refreshing. It deselects the current tab which is super annoying. Can anyone suggest me how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-new-feature-problem/7cfd5fe3-56be-4b94-bc37-92e4654acba2
  7. Windows 11 new feature problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 new feature problem: Why the icons of the taskbar keeps refreshing. It deselects the current tab which is super annoying. Can anyone suggest me how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-new-feature-problem/7cfd5fe3-56be-4b94-bc37-92e4654acba2
  8. Windows 10 21H1 is coming soon, here are the new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 21H1 is coming soon, here are the new features: Microsoft has confirmed that this fall’s feature upgrade for Windows 10 will be identical to the already-available May 2020 Update (version 2004). If the typical upgrade scheduled is followed again, we’ll see Windows 10 21H1 update in the Spring of 2021, but rumours suggest...
  9. Windows 10 1909 Coming Soon, Here Are the New Features

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 Coming Soon, Here Are the New Features: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Alan976 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dbhcov/windows_10_1909_coming_soon_here_are_the_new/
  10. Calculator app in Windows 10 soon to get always on top feature

in Windows 10 News
    Calculator app in Windows 10 soon to get always on top feature: One of our top requested #WindowsCalculator features is the ability to keep Calculator on top of other windows as you work—you'll soon be able to do just that! Also, tiny calculator!! *Arrow Add the ability for users to pin Calculator on top of other windows . Issue #78 ....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show tabs from apps when snapping or pressing alt tab