Windows 10: Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

Discus and support Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; At morning I'll try to open my laptop after entering the correct pin it shows wrong pin and I tried several times but it shows sign in option disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sai krishnaFM, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

At morning I'll try to open my laptop after entering the correct pin it shows wrong pin and I tried several times but it shows sign in option disabled and shows wait for 2 hours and try again and it doesn't shows even forget password option also to reset the password how can I resolve this

:)

Sai krishnaFM, Apr 17, 2024
  2. im-4-99 Win User

A1B2C3 challenge phrase.

I have received the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. I do not know the phrase. The sign I options is not present. The only way to sign in is with the phrase. How can I recover this? Thank you

im-4-99, Apr 17, 2024
  3. Anne.6 Win User
    Windows 11 Sign Issues with Challenge Phrase

Hi,

I am trying to sign into my laptop as normal, but it says my password has been entered incorrectly so I have to enter the challenge phrase A1B2C3 and then my password. I know my password is correct but it keeps locking me out saying it is incorrect. I've followed Windows 11 tutorials to fix login issues but none mention the challenge phrase, which seems to be our issue.

Anne.6, Apr 17, 2024
  4. Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

Challenge phrase

Hello Aleena Sheikh,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The challenge phrase does not require you to write it down. In general, after you have entered the wrong Pin number several times, you will see the prompt:

If you want to enter it again, enter challenge phrase A1B2C3

A1B2C3 is the challenge phrase. Since you have remembered the correct password, please enter the correct password after entering.

If you are currently stuck in a certain step, or have encountered a problem that cannot be explained by the text, I welcome you to provide the corresponding screenshot here so that I can better understand.

If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

Mitchell - MSFT, Apr 17, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

1. Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3 - Similar Threads - locked shows challenge

2. Laptop locked out for challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop locked out for challenge phrase: Grandson locked out my laptop now it’s asking a challenge phrase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-locked-out-for-challenge-phrase/d9beaa0d-fb15-4144-9a12-0242c6486efa
  3. Laptop locked out for challenge phrase

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop locked out for challenge phrase: Grandson locked out my laptop now it’s asking a challenge phrase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-locked-out-for-challenge-phrase/d9beaa0d-fb15-4144-9a12-0242c6486efa
  4. Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is locked and shows challenge phrase A1B2C3: At morning I'll try to open my laptop after entering the correct pin it shows wrong pin and I tried several times but it shows sign in option disabled and shows wait for 2 hours and try again and it doesn't shows even forget password option also to reset the password how can...
  5. Challenge Phrase

Challenge Phrase: How do I disable the ANNOYING Challenge Phrase? I've seen a dozen "fixes" on the Internet and none of them work. One option is to disable the PIN but the "Remove" button is grayed out. How do I enable this option?...
  6. Challenge Phrase

Challenge Phrase: When I put the challenge phrase in and then my password it won’t allow me to sign in and it won’t allow me to do other sign in options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/challenge-phrase/68f1f103-ecea-4b08-a5f5-81545c7e080a
  7. A1B2C3 challenge phrase.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A1B2C3 challenge phrase.: I have received the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. I do not know the phrase. The sign I options is not present. The only way to sign in is with the phrase. How can I recover this? Thank you...
  8. A1B2C3 challenge phrase.

A1B2C3 challenge phrase.: I have received the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. I do not know the phrase. The sign I options is not present. The only way to sign in is with the phrase. How can I recover this? Thank you...
  9. Challenge phrase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Challenge phrase: It's been about a week and every time I boot up my PC, it says to enter the challenge phrase. It works, but its annoying. I looked it up and they all talk about windows + r but I don't have a button to unclick/click that makes me not have to enter a password? I just want it...
  10. Challenge phrase

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Challenge phrase: Bought a new computer so want to sell old computer and clear hard drive. Windows is asking for my challenge phrase before I can do this. How can I find this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/challenge-phrase/2498d313-f6d1-45fb-a562-ca29bdd407bd