Windows 10: Windows 11 is not showing Dual Monitor when booting from F9 USB behind a VPN flash drive

Discus and support Windows 11 is not showing Dual Monitor when booting from F9 USB behind a VPN flash drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When using the HP with windows 11 and a dual Acer monitor KA242Y, it shows both monitors and allows me to extend. However, it says it does not detect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KVinnie, Aug 8, 2022.

1. KVinnie Win User

Windows 11 is not showing Dual Monitor when booting from F9 USB behind a VPN flash drive

When using the HP with windows 11 and a dual Acer monitor KA242Y, it shows both monitors and allows me to extend. However, it says it does not detect another display. When I boot for work using an USB and signon via a VPN, I can no longer get the second monitor to show or settings under the VPN to even identify another monitor. This worked perfectly with Windows 10, but not able to get around it now with Windows 11. Any suggestions?

:)

KVinnie, Aug 8, 2022
  2. 7.62 Win User

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

7.62, Aug 8, 2022
  3. MisterEd Win User
    SSD hard drive, USB flash drive, whats the difference?

Normally you can't install Windows on an external drive. You can use WinToGo technology to do that. I used a free program called WinToUSB to install Windows 11 on an external M.2 SSD. The gotcha is that the O/S on the external drive is not dual-boot. I.E, it is not in the traditional boot menu. To boot it:
    1. Connect the external drive with the operating system to a USB port
    2. Boot the computer
    3. Hit key which brings up boot menu
    4. Select USB drive with operating system from list

WinToUSB (also called Windows To USB)
    [Official] Best Free Windows To Go Creator Wizard Helps Create Portable Windows 11/10/8/7!

MisterEd, Aug 8, 2022
  4. thraxed Win User

Windows 11 is not showing Dual Monitor when booting from F9 USB behind a VPN flash drive

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 11 is not showing Dual Monitor when booting from F9 USB behind a VPN flash drive - Similar Threads - showing Dual Monitor

2. Windows 11 is not showing Dual Monitor when booting from F9 USB behind a VPN flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is not showing Dual Monitor when booting from F9 USB behind a VPN flash drive: When using the HP with windows 11 and a dual Acer monitor KA242Y, it shows both monitors and allows me to extend. However, it says it does not detect another display. When I boot for work using an USB and signon via a VPN, I can no longer get the second monitor to show or...
  3. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  4. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  5. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to dual boot USB flash drive with Windows 10 OS and Setup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to dual boot USB flash drive with Windows 10 OS and Setup.: I made 128 GB USB flash drive having installed Windows 10 on one partition and Windows 10 setup on the other partition. I added second partition to boot menu using RAM DISK script from your site.But how to make both partitions active instead of using command prompt, disk part...
  7. How to dual boot USB flash drive with Windows 10 OS and Setup.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to dual boot USB flash drive with Windows 10 OS and Setup.: I made 128 GB USB flash drive having installed Windows 10 on one partition and Windows 10 setup on the other partition. I added second partition to boot menu using RAM DISK script from your site.But how to make both partitions active instead of using command prompt, disk part...
  8. dual USB Flash drive as backup for passwords?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    dual USB Flash drive as backup for passwords?: This seems as if there is a simple "yes" answer, but please let me know if I've missed anything. If the repair-install on my Win10 goes very bad* and I can't reboot, I'd like to at least be able to get online for banking/bill-pay and for email by using a phone as a last...
  9. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...
  10. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive: hello I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try to boot with bootable usb device , it doenst work .. the machine has windows 8.1 installed .. my query is whether bit locker...