Windows 10: Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

Discus and support Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Francois Smit2, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced options process with no luck. Any advice on how to get back to login with my password?

:)

Francois Smit2, Feb 4, 2023

2. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for PIN instead of password

HI,

yesterday I went to my University and used my HP probook in the first two hours without any issues. Then I went to eat something and when I turned it on for the next class, it suddenly asked for a PIN instead of my password. To be honest I have never set up any PIN on the laptop, neither have I on the others. I pressed the "I forgot my PIN" but i was just redirected to the Picture you get, where you have to press a key and the pictures moves upwards so you get to enter your password, basically it is a loop. I checked my other laptop and below the "I forgot my PIN" it has "Sign-In-Options" this doesn't appear on the broken one.

The "I forgot my PIN" is pretty sporadic, I tried entering a PIN and sometimes it appears and dissapears.

I checked the forum and tried to uninstall feature Updates in the recovery Mode, I entered a really long key and then it says there is a problem and it can't be uninstalled, try Troubleshoot> Reset. I choose to keept personal Information, then I saw two more options, they only existed for less than a second and immediately dissapeared. It said a problem has occurred and it can't be done.

Then I tried to enter to enter the safe mode, which didn't work either.

To sum it up: I can't log in, because the Laptop is suddenly asking for a PIN that doesn't exist, instead of the password I always use.

Edit: Sorry for my bad english, it is not my main language and I am in a bit of despair because all my work is on that Laptop....

Edit2: I forgto to mention, that the first time it showed that PIN thing, i tried to solve it with a restart. I did a restart with updates about 2-3 times till the update thing dissappeared but the problem is still there

ljkbgaf8934, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Repairing startup on a W10 machne using a Hello PIN instead of a password

I need to repair the startup of a machine using W10 but all the advanced options offer me the (correct) username but then ask for a password for the account.

I used to use a password to log-in but - as suggested by Microsoft - I changed it to a Windows Hello PIN.

If I try to use the original password it isn't accepted and there doesn't appear to be any way to offer a Hello PIN instead.

Could anyone offer any suggestions please ?

Phil Rowley, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

1. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup. - Similar Threads - suddenly asking pin

2. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 is suddenly asking for pin instead of password on startup.: My Windows 11 is suddenly asking for a pin instead of a password on startup screen. I tried uninstalling updates through the Shift Restart and Advanced options process with no luck. Any advice on how to get back to login with my password?...
  3. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for PIN instead of password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is suddenly asking for PIN instead of password: HI,yesterday I went to my University and used my HP probook in the first two hours without any issues. Then I went to eat something and when I turned it on for the next class, it suddenly asked for a PIN instead of my password. To be honest I have never set up any PIN on the...
  4. Windows 11 is suddenly asking for PIN instead of password

Windows 11 is suddenly asking for PIN instead of password: HI,yesterday I went to my University and used my HP probook in the first two hours without any issues. Then I went to eat something and when I turned it on for the next class, it suddenly asked for a PIN instead of my password. To be honest I have never set up any PIN on the...
  5. windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. While streaming I was prompted to sign-in with a pin code which I never created in the first place. This also occurred with my laptop but I was able to login using the Microsoft authenticator app. My desktop doesn't provide that...
  6. windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password

windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. While streaming I was prompted to sign-in with a pin code which I never created in the first place. This also occurred with my laptop but I was able to login using the Microsoft authenticator app. My desktop doesn't provide that...
  7. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  8. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  9. Windows suddenly asking for a PIN to login instead of Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows suddenly asking for a PIN to login instead of Password: My laptop only accepts a PIN even though I only remember setting up a password.I do not have an option to switch login optionsI also don't see power options, which after doing some research, is the way where I can troubleshoot and uninstall latest updates. I am referencing...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly started asking for a PIN instead of password.'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly started asking for a PIN instead of password.': So for some reason windows decided to ask for a pin on login instead of the usual password. The issue is, I dont remember ever setting up any pin at all. Is there a way to fix this? If I could somehow reset back to password instead, I would be able to login. I tried...