Windows 10: Windows 11 Just Killed my C: Drive

Discus and support Windows 11 Just Killed my C: Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So there are a few things that I notice and would like suggestions on how I could go about fixing them. I recently upgraded my pc to windows 11 and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CrazyNA, May 25, 2022.

1. CrazyNA Win User

Windows 11 Just Killed my C: Drive

So there are a few things that I notice and would like suggestions on how I could go about fixing them. I recently upgraded my pc to windows 11 and it started to stutter every once and a while after updating to the latest release insider build of windows 11 as of yesterdays installation pushed 5/24. I was also seeing issues with my network be it related or not it would just drop a signal randomly and come back within a minute or two. It seemed to be fine until later that night when just out of nowhere it locks up and after what seemed like a couple of minutes blue screens technically green sc

:)

CrazyNA, May 25, 2022
  2. webzest Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space

My "C" Drive crashed. Purchased a new one and Installed a clean Windows 10 Pro. When I search for my Storage Space, which was my work Drive with a lot of recent data, it was not displayed in Explorer. I can see the Drives in Disk Management just fine. They are listed as Storage Pool. Here is a list of Steps that led me to this issue:

1. My Main C: crashed and needed to be replaced. So, I replaced it and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro.
    2. When I was done installing Windows, I connected the two Drives that are part of the Storage Pool.
    3. They were not visible anywhere, except in Disk Management, where they are listed simply as Storage Pool. I am not sure if that is the RAW definition that I read in the articles.

Windows 11 Just Killed my C: Drive [​IMG]

4. After seeing them on Disk Manager, I launched the Storage App and did not see any activity. so, I tried to create a Pool. I received a message stating that there are no available Disks that can be added.

I launched PowerShell and ran some search calls"

Drives #2 & 3 are the Storage Pool Drives.
    Technically, my Storage Pool Drives did not fail. Only the Windows OS drive failed and needed to be replaced. there must be a way to get the OS to recognize the drives so the Pool can be reinitiated. I think PowerShell has some process, I just don't trust myself with experimenting and delete something.

This is my Windows 10 Information:

Is there any way to get them reactivated and get my Storage Pool back up without damaging my Stored Data?

webzest, May 25, 2022
  3. little cat, May 25, 2022
  4. Anak Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hi Jerry, you're welcome.

Here's mine after I rt clk'd on my Documents Folder like you show in Scrsht 11:

I'd like to wait until you reply to my question in Scrsht 12, if it is a remnant of the process try deleting the one on the dsktp and see if the one in send to also disappears. If it stays in send to, test it, and if you're still having problems I'd suggest you could go back to: Option One: To Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu for Your Account (current user) and do Step 3 to remove it and start over using Step 4 but be very careful of your steps in creating the shortcut and be sure you d&d that shortcut to the send to part of the address.

I'm busy today and I probably won't be back until the evening.

Thema:

1. Windows 11 Just Killed my C: Drive - Similar Threads - Killed Drive

2. your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop: Your latest update for windows11 home crashed my hard drive and and I cannot open my os now. Only have a loop between the Automatic Repair and bluescreen for Watchdog popup Error...
  3. your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your latest updates killed my hard drive on my laptop: Your latest update for windows11 home crashed my hard drive and and I cannot open my os now. Only have a loop between the Automatic Repair and bluescreen for Watchdog popup Error...
  4. Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access: New laptop, LG envy 17Z90Q-K.ADS9U1 Win11 Home. Upgraded to Pro & 22H2. Fully updated.Everything running great, time to install VirtualBOX with Win7 & WinXP and probably Win98SE.The Win7 runs extra slow and XP fails to install even after 6 different attempts. Research got me...
  5. Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access

Disabling Memory integrity, Core Isolation on 22H2 kills Network Drive, Shares, NAS access: New laptop, LG envy 17Z90Q-K.ADS9U1 Win11 Home. Upgraded to Pro & 22H2. Fully updated.Everything running great, time to install VirtualBOX with Win7 & WinXP and probably Win98SE.The Win7 runs extra slow and XP fails to install even after 6 different attempts. Research got me...
  6. Windows 11 Just Killed my C: Drive

Windows 11 Just Killed my C: Drive: So there are a few things that I notice and would like suggestions on how I could go about fixing them. I recently upgraded my pc to windows 11 and it started to stutter every once and a while after updating to the latest release insider build of windows 11 as of yesterdays...
  7. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives: Hello there.I have 3 computers that tried to update to 21H2. 2 Dell Desktops with a SATA interface, and 1 HP laptop with an NVME interface.In all 3 cases, once the update was complete, the computer would not boot or reboot immediately after the update.Going into the BIOS...
  8. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives: Hello there.I have 3 computers that tried to update to 21H2. 2 Dell Desktops with a SATA interface, and 1 HP laptop with an NVME interface.In all 3 cases, once the update was complete, the computer would not boot or reboot immediately after the update.Going into the BIOS...
  9. Windows Update 21H2 Killing Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help!

Windows 11 failed update killed my hard drive - new laptop now useless. Please help!: Hi, any help please, here's my problem in brief:In Update, saw I could download Windows 11 update.Followed all instructions, downloaded and installation began automatically.During a restart, got BIOS screen claiming there was no hard drive.Managed to get in to WinRE but all...