Windows 10: Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV

Discus and support Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After KB5022303 update Windows Sound Troubleshooter says HDMI connection is not plugged in. Uninstalled the update and HDMI sound works again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by phillfri, Jan 18, 2023.

1. phillfri Win User

Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV

After KB5022303 update Windows Sound Troubleshooter says HDMI connection is not plugged in. Uninstalled the update and HDMI sound works again.

:)

phillfri, Jan 18, 2023
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Jan 18, 2023
  3. Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound

Hello,

When I connect my laptop (Windows 10) to TV using HDMI, I can get the video, but no sound.

I tried various solutions listed on internet and Microsoft community, like updating drivers, looking for disconnected or disabled HDMI/TV, etc.

I do not see TV/HDMI in sound control panel under soundplay back devices. TV/HDMI does not show as sound output option. Could this be a problem?

Sound and display graphic drivers are updated.

I will appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Verma

AKVerma_71, Jan 18, 2023
  4. Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV

no sound on tv when HDMI is connected to laptop

Hi LaVerne,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Click on Hardware and Sound.

4. Select Manage Audio Devices.

5. On the Playback tab there is listed the sound options available to you. Click on
    Digital Output Device (HDMI).

6. There should now be a check mark on that option, make HDMI sound output as default .

7. The Sound should then play through your HDMI hookups to the TV.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Realyn Mar, Jan 18, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV

1. Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV - Similar Threads - KB5022303 Does Recognize

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does: Hello,I dual booted my laptop HP Zbook Studio G5 with Ubuntu. Everything works fine, except when I plugged in the hdmi from the TV into the laptop to watch something, I could not select the output device to be the TV as it did not appear anywhere. It does not seem to...
  6. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does: Hello,I dual booted my laptop HP Zbook Studio G5 with Ubuntu. Everything works fine, except when I plugged in the hdmi from the TV into the laptop to watch something, I could not select the output device to be the TV as it did not appear anywhere. It does not seem to...
  7. Windows does not recognize TV output devide sound when connected with HDMI, but Ubuntu does

8. Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV

Windows 11 KB5022303 Does Not Recognize HDMI Sound Connection to TV: After KB5022303 update Windows Sound Troubleshooter says HDMI connection is not plugged in. Uninstalled the update and HDMI sound works again....
  9. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  10. Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection: Hello everyone! First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread. I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a...