Windows 10: Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key

Discus and support Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi TeamSo i keep getting a pop up on multiple programs, one even being netflix to allow a CryptoAPI Private Key, the issue i have is that the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Natsukireiz, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key

Hi TeamSo i keep getting a pop up on multiple programs, one even being netflix to allow a CryptoAPI Private Key, the issue i have is that the message really has no information, i dont know if it was netflix, or another program wanting access so i said no but it keeps happeningI am not a computer expert, can someone explain what the this is and where it comes from

:)

Natsukireiz, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys

Source: Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys | Maps Blog

Brink, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys

Source: Announcing Enhanced Security for Bing Maps API Keys | Maps Blog

Brink, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key

MS Crypto Library and Keys

Using the following:

Provider Name: Microsoft Enhanced RSA and AES Cryptographic Provider

Type: AES

Algorithm: AES 128

Mode: CBC

Ok, I thought when encrypting and decrypting string data (not communications), the MS crypto library would create a new key if one was not available. For a setup with just a workstation (Win 7 Pro in this case), the path to the keys is:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys or

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\S-1-5-18

Which is were I find keys that are dated from a few weeks ago, to last year. If I delete the keys in both folders, and decrypt using the above setup,
    no new keys are created. And if I encrypt data and store it, no keys are created.

The encryption and decryption work with no errors and the string data is successfully viewed after it is decrypted.

I did notice sometimes there is a new Folder, dated the same date and time as my decryption took place, in:

C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA

But, the folder is empty, or at least Windows Explorer says it's empty.

Under what circumstances would the MS Crypto library create a new key(s)?

And, where would the key(s) be located?

Thanks in advance,

Carl

CWDonSkype, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key

1. Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key - Similar Threads - keeps asking allow

2. No option to "allow" Crypto API Private Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to "allow" Crypto API Private Key: I'm trying to install a new certificate. When I try, I get this Windows Security box that says 'credential required' with a key description that says "CryptoAPI Private Key". However, there's only one option that says "Don't Allow" but not an "Allow" option. Why is the...
  3. No option to "allow" Crypto API Private Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to "allow" Crypto API Private Key: I'm trying to install a new certificate. When I try, I get this Windows Security box that says 'credential required' with a key description that says "CryptoAPI Private Key". However, there's only one option that says "Don't Allow" but not an "Allow" option. Why is the...
  4. Wireless network won't allow me to set to private

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless network won't allow me to set to private: Hi,I have noticed that my wireless network is set to public when I need it to be private. I have entered into the network properties and selected private under the active network but it immediately changes to public when I close the window.I've attempted the power shell...
  5. Wireless network won't allow me to set to private

Wireless network won't allow me to set to private: Hi,I have noticed that my wireless network is set to public when I need it to be private. I have entered into the network properties and selected private under the active network but it immediately changes to public when I close the window.I've attempted the power shell...
  6. Wireless network won't allow me to set to private

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Which versions of Java is Microsoft Crypto API MSCAPI compatible with??

Which versions of Java is Microsoft Crypto API MSCAPI compatible with??: Which versions of Java is Microsoft Crypto API MSCAPI compatible with?? I am storing my private key in the Windows store and trying to read it to decrypt SAML assertion, but facing an error "java.security.InvalidKeyException: No installed provider supports this key:...
  8. Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key

Windows 11 keeps asking me to allow Crypto API Private Key: Hi TeamSo i keep getting a pop up on multiple programs, one even being netflix to allow a CryptoAPI Private Key, the issue i have is that the message really has no information, i dont know if it was netflix, or another program wanting access so i said no but it keeps...
  9. Keeps asking for key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keeps asking for key: Got win 10 from get windows where they uploaded into computer and then I installed it. Right off the bat new browser kept freezing so I went to ie11 and everytime I went to a web site my virus scan stopped it and said website had a virus. Every website had the same virus it...
  10. Laptop keeps asking me to set the date & keeps asking for Win act key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps asking me to set the date & keeps asking for Win act key?: Date/Time problem: I have a Toshiba Satellite E45DW-C4210 laptop. Every time my laptop dies (battery runs or dies out) or when I restart my laptop (occasionally) it asks me to set the date and time. It always happens. https://i.imgur.com/3r2AMM1.jpg (After that it takes me...