Windows 10: windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10

Discus and support windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the third time that I've downloaded windows 11, I thought that if I download windows 11 and then revert back to 10, it'd stop installing 11 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arachknigt1, Jan 26, 2022.

1. windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10

This is the third time that I've downloaded windows 11, I thought that if I download windows 11 and then revert back to 10, it'd stop installing 11 and I could stay on 10 but right after I went back to 10 the first thing that happened was windows 11 installing. Is there any way to stop this? I don't have automatic updates on or an update scheduler.

:)

Arachknigt1, Jan 26, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 26, 2022
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

Download new July 11 CU KB4025342 x64 (784MB)

Brings system to 15063.483

List of improvements and fixes found here.

Sorry to steal your thunder on this one @Drone. *Stick Out Tongue windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10 :p

MrGenius, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Nordic Win User

windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10

1. windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10 - Similar Threads - keeps downloading reverting

2. windows 11 upgrade keep reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 upgrade keep reverting: hello I'm tryin to install windows 11 from media creation tool it goes to 100% and reboot and just after it give me a blue screen reboot and then revert to windows 10 installation.i try to pin point the error in panther folder but hard to get the right thing any help will be...
  3. windows 11 upgrade keep reverting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 upgrade keep reverting: hello I'm tryin to install windows 11 from media creation tool it goes to 100% and reboot and just after it give me a blue screen reboot and then revert to windows 10 installation.i try to pin point the error in panther folder but hard to get the right thing any help will be...
  4. windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10: This is the third time that I've downloaded windows 11, I thought that if I download windows 11 and then revert back to 10, it'd stop installing 11 and I could stay on 10 but right after I went back to 10 the first thing that happened was windows 11 installing. Is there any...
  5. windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10

windows 11 keeps downloading even after reverting to 10: This is the third time that I've downloaded windows 11, I thought that if I download windows 11 and then revert back to 10, it'd stop installing 11 and I could stay on 10 but right after I went back to 10 the first thing that happened was windows 11 installing. Is there any...
  6. Windows 11 keeps re-installing itself after reverting to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 keeps re-installing itself after reverting to 10: When I bought this computer, it had windows 10. After about a week, it installed windows 11. I used it for about a week, but had bad framerate drops, and several games would just fail to launch or crash. So I reverted to windows 10. Less than 24 hours later, my device said it...
  7. Windows 11 keeps re-installing itself after reverting to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps re-installing itself after reverting to 10: When I bought this computer, it had windows 10. After about a week, it installed windows 11. I used it for about a week, but had bad framerate drops, and several games would just fail to launch or crash. So I reverted to windows 10. Less than 24 hours later, my device said it...
  8. Windows 11 keeps re-installing itself after reverting to 10

9. Windows 11 automatically downloads and installs, AFTER REVERTING FROM 11 TO 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically downloads and installs, AFTER REVERTING FROM 11 TO 10.: I upgraded to Windows 11 last week, after having done my research and determined that I could revert to Windows 10 within 10 days if I didn't like it. It didn't take me 10 days, it took me about 3 hours to determine that I preferred Windows 10. Upon reverting to from 11 to...
  10. Windows 11 automatically downloads and installs, AFTER REVERTING FROM 11 TO 10.

Windows 11 automatically downloads and installs, AFTER REVERTING FROM 11 TO 10.: I upgraded to Windows 11 last week, after having done my research and determined that I could revert to Windows 10 within 10 days if I didn't like it. It didn't take me 10 days, it took me about 3 hours to determine that I preferred Windows 10. Upon reverting to from 11 to...