Windows 10: Windows 11 keeps refreshing itself in FILE EXPLORER/CONTROL PANEL etc...

Discus and support Windows 11 keeps refreshing itself in FILE EXPLORER/CONTROL PANEL etc... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I realized that anywhere that involves selecting view from Large Icons to Details view... it seems to be keep refreshing itself.I've search and tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by geNe362, May 14, 2022.

1. geNe362 Win User

Windows 11 keeps refreshing itself in FILE EXPLORER/CONTROL PANEL etc...

I realized that anywhere that involves selecting view from Large Icons to Details view... it seems to be keep refreshing itself.I've search and tried solutions given on the web but somehow nothing works for me.- chkdsk method- sfc /scannow method- DISM method- Wallpaper method- Personalization Colors method- Hide all microsoft services restart method- restart clean boot method- Task Manager End Task explorer.exe and start explorer.exe methodWindows Specs:Edition Windows 11 ProOS Build: 21996.1

:)

geNe362, May 14, 2022

2. windows 10 control panel

Step 2 does not work at all. Anything from File Explorer and above does not launch at all.

DeviantWolf, May 14, 2022
  3. vinceip Win User
    Explorer Crash FIX!

Our old Dell Inspiron N5110 got this problem also.
    Taskbar keeps refreshing. Thanks many hints from guys above pointed me the direction to fix it.
    From Reliability History Monitor I found Explorer keeps crashing because of IDTNC64.CPL (type reliability history at Start)
    1. the issue was from IDTNC64.cpl, the sound driver,
    but I could not successfully to uninstall it from device manager nor control panel or rename the file or the folder.
    2. uninstalled High Definition Audio Device few times, problem remain
    3. tried to uninstall within Control Panel > Program file, yet Control Panel only open 2, 3 seconds then closed automatically.
    4. finally solved Control Panel shut down problem by going to msconfig>services>and disable Windows Error Reporting Service. see below sequence:
    Click window + R keys, type msconfig, Enter to open msconfig, click Services Tag and look for Windows Error Reporting Service. Unchecked it, then apply, ok then reboot system when it suggests.
    5. After this, open Control Panel by clicking Start > type Control Panel. Then my Control Panel open and stay put, won't shut down by itself.
    6. In Control Panel > Programs > I found IDT Audio and successfully to uninstall it.
    7. No more taskbar refresh or Windows Explore shut down after uninstalled IDT and Sound still works great!!!
    8. repeat step 4 to check Windows Error Reporting Services by clicking it. OK then follow system suggestion to reboot.
    9. Control Panel still able to open and remain open. Sound still works and no more refresh.
    10. From Reliability History monitor found no more Windows Explorer crashing.
    I am happy and hope above steps help

vinceip, May 14, 2022
  4. Windows 11 keeps refreshing itself in FILE EXPLORER/CONTROL PANEL etc...

windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 keeps refreshing itself in FILE EXPLORER/CONTROL PANEL etc...

1. Windows 11 keeps refreshing itself in FILE EXPLORER/CONTROL PANEL etc... - Similar Threads - keeps refreshing itself

2. Windows 11 keeps refreshing itself in FILE EXPLORER/CONTROL PANEL etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keeps refreshing itself in FILE EXPLORER/CONTROL PANEL etc...: I realized that anywhere that involves selecting view from Large Icons to Details view... it seems to be keep refreshing itself.I've search and tried solutions given on the web but somehow nothing works for me.- chkdsk method- sfc /scannow method- DISM method- Wallpaper...
  3. Windows 11 keep refreshing file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keep refreshing file explorer: My windows explorer file explorer is constantly refreshing at indefinite intervals, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keep-refreshing-file-explorer/fc38d53b-4737-4554-8423-c4c1b2c88f4c
  4. Windows 11 keep refreshing file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keep refreshing file explorer: My windows explorer file explorer is constantly refreshing at indefinite intervals, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keep-refreshing-file-explorer/fc38d53b-4737-4554-8423-c4c1b2c88f4c
  5. Windows File Explorer doesn't refreshes by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer doesn't refreshes by itself: When I create, delete or rename a file in a File Explorer window or even on my Desktop, I have to right-click> refresh every time. That's pretty annoying. How can I fix it? Here's a demonstration: https://media.giphy.com/media/50n2yO9plsMJZQXsCk/giphy.gif...
  6. File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer doesn't refresh by itself.: I noticed that when I move a file for example on my desktop I can't see it unless I'll refresh by right-clicking on the desktop and clicking on refresh. Some weeks ago it did refresh automatically. Why it isn't happening right now? submitted by /u/zKyros_ [link]...
  7. Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself: Hi to all, I am sharing this as I found a workable solution to my issue where File Explorer will not refresh when I deleted or moved files around. This applied to my Desktop as well as File Explorer. The files would not "appear" when I created a new one, and a file would...
  8. file explorer keeps opening itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    file explorer keeps opening itself: (This is a new PC with Windows 10 home, version 1803, OS build 17134.619. With an USB external drive is connected (as d:\ drive), file explorer keeps reporting problem (with the drive) and then opens the file explorer. This keeps going on and on by itself. Each time a...
  9. Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows: How to: Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows How to Change Control Panel Icon in File Explorer in Windows You can use Control Panel to change settings for Windows. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can...
  10. Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes: Not sure when this issue arrised but i tried to adjust my sound devices today going to start>control panel and the screen blinks while explorer refreshes...? I did an SFC /SCANNOW and it found some corruption and repaired it. I rebooted and same problem. Did a virus...