Windows 10: Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

Discus and support Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Praveen.J.M, Mar 11, 2022.

1. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen the folder again, it reverts back to the default setting of 'sort by date' and 'sort by the group'. Is there a solution for this, because I hate the 'sort by group' method of sorting.

:)

Praveen.J.M, Mar 11, 2022
  2. Ludo Win User

Set default programs keeps reverting

For a month or so now the default programs keeps reverting. And I have to manually re-set my desired applications for certain file types, however these keep reverting irregular (sometimes after a day and sometimes after a week). I'm getting sick of it.

It does not matter what way I set the default app for a file type, after a while its reverted at boot. I tried setting the default programs using: Set Default Programs, Set Associations (both in Control Panel) and by hand: right click > Properties > opens with...

.txt files changes to Notepad instead Sublime Text, images opens with Windows Photo Viewer and not Picasa Photo Viewer, .html files change from Chrome to Edge, .php files get no default program to be opened with, etc. etc.

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1511
    OS Build 10586.218

3. Spartan Win User
    Explorer view grouping setting keeps reverting !?

For me I change the Downloads folder to list view, then I change grouping to none and sorting to sorting to none.
    Then I go to View > Options > View > Apply to All folders and then it's saved and never changes the view.

Spartan, Mar 11, 2022
  4. Lateralus Win User

Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

atiTool reverting back to default

atitool keeps reverting back to its default settings Im sertin I installed the soft mod but it still won't stay over clocked after starting up counter-strike. How do i check to see if I have the soft mod installed and any other help would be great. Thanks

Lateralus, Mar 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

1. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting - Similar Threads - keeps reverting default

2. Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps reverting back to default sort setting: I have tried again and again to set the arrange and sort option in my download folder 'sort by name' and 'no Group'. But whenever I close and reopen the folder again, it reverts back to the default setting of 'sort by date' and 'sort by the group'. Is there a solution for...
  3. Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default: Hello!I'm having a problem with Windows 11 themes. It happens very frequently.The problem is that when I switch to my second virtual desktop, theme changes back to default on its own. Why is this happening?Thanks....
  4. Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Theme reverts back to default: Hello!I'm having a problem with Windows 11 themes. It happens very frequently.The problem is that when I switch to my second virtual desktop, theme changes back to default on its own. Why is this happening?Thanks....
  5. My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default

in Windows 10 Customization
    My personalized display settings keep reverting back to Windows default: Hello - My personalized settings for background pictures keep reverting back to the Windows 10 defalt, Windows Spotlight. This happens every day, throughout the day. I switch it to slideshow and it will pull up the pictures from my selected folder as expected but then...
  6. Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 keeps deleting files and reverting Chrome back to default: My mom has been having this problem with Windows 10 for the past few years, first with her desktop just completely crashing (Bluescreening and the whole shibang). However now, with her laptop, its been updating fine for the most part. But its been acting oddly. It deletes...
  7. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  8. folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default

in Windows 10 Support
    folder icons I Customize keep reverting back to default: Like it says on the title. The only thing I can add to that, this is happening on internal HDD that is other than my OS drive. I customized icons but after reboot, they keep reverting back to default. For years this was not an issue and all of a sudden it is... 131381
  9. Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On: Hello, I need my OneDrive to constantly update on a Mobile connection, therefore my only option is to set the Mobile connection as unmetered (setting on Off). Within a few hours or few days, Windows 10 keeps reverting back the setting to On which in turn pauses OneDrive,...
  10. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328