Windows 10: Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime

Discus and support Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I run my PC with Windows 11 and recently I've been facing this issue.The system randomly keeps chiming the sound like a system notification but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Prem Vardhan 007, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime

I run my PC with Windows 11 and recently I've been facing this issue.The system randomly keeps chiming the sound like a system notification but nothing happens. It doesn't even happen once in a while, but chimes continuously for 5 seconds then happens again after a while. And it repeats.It is very annoying to have this issue. And I cannot find a solution anywhere. Someone please help me stop this.

:)

Prem Vardhan 007, Jun 25, 2022

2. Chiming type sound.

Hello Megan,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with chiming sound while using Edge in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There might be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings or the audio drivers have gone bad in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card
    or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would also suggest to download and install the latest soundcard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

How to download and install drivers,
    please follow the link given below.

Download and install drivers in Windows 8.1

Note: A driver is software that a device uses to work with your PC. Every device needs a driver to work with your PC. So, in many cases, you can plug in a device, and it’ll work
    automatically.

Windows can also download device software and info. This might include an app that the device manufacturer created to go with your device or info like the product name, manufacturer, and model number, to help you distinguish
    between similar devices.

Drivers are updated occasionally. Windows can update them automatically, or you can install the updated drivers yourself. Windows notifies you if it detects a suspicious or unsafe driver you shouldn't install.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.

If the issue persists, please follow method 4

Method 4:

I would suggest you to refer to the steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common sound problems in Windows, including no sound coming from your speakers or headphones.

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 25, 2022
  3. No Chime on Startup

Hi Gibson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that there is no Chime on startup in Win 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will be happy to assist you.

Please follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Update sound adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your sound/audio device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Method 2: Update the latest drivers from the website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website
    and update the drivers.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Jun 25, 2022
  4. 'Mike P Win User

Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime

Chiming type sound.

fwiw

Win10 upgrade gave me a driver that was too new for my card reader... well at least it made a chime sound like SD card removal or inserted ... chime too darn often when doing some things. I replaced the driver with an older driver to stop the chimes.
    Realtek card reader.

'Mike P, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime

1. Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime - Similar Threads - keeps sounding Chime

2. Windows 11 Startup Chime Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Startup Chime Not Working: Every time my Windows 11 computer starts up, there should be a chime. However, it doesn't. I checked the sound settings and the "Play Windows Startup Sound" box is checked. I already tried troubleshooting the sound, but that wasn't the problem. Could somebody please help?...
  3. Windows 11 Startup Chime Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Startup Chime Not Working: Every time my Windows 11 computer starts up, there should be a chime. However, it doesn't. I checked the sound settings and the "Play Windows Startup Sound" box is checked. I already tried troubleshooting the sound, but that wasn't the problem. Could somebody please help?...
  4. Windows 11 keeps sounding a chime when nothing is happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keeps sounding a chime when nothing is happening: Every 8 to 11 seconds my device will sound a chime, sort of like its connecting something and then disconnecting. I can't tell what it is, I have muted every app that can be making this sound and yet it's still going. If anyone has a fix please let me know, this sound is...
  5. Windows 11 keeps sounding a chime when nothing is happening

Windows 11 keeps sounding a chime when nothing is happening: Every 8 to 11 seconds my device will sound a chime, sort of like its connecting something and then disconnecting. I can't tell what it is, I have muted every app that can be making this sound and yet it's still going. If anyone has a fix please let me know, this sound is...
  6. Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime

Windows 11 keeps sounding Chime: I run my PC with Windows 11 and recently I've been facing this issue.The system randomly keeps chiming the sound like a system notification but nothing happens. It doesn't even happen once in a while, but chimes continuously for 5 seconds then happens again after a while. And...
  7. I keep hearing a chime sound at certain intervals

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I keep hearing a chime sound at certain intervals: I've tried running DISM and sfc /scannow to check for corruption but everything is fine. I've also tried disabling notification sounds in case the sound is coming from an application but it didn't work. I've tried troubleshooting the Playing Audio but there was no issues...
  8. LifeChat LX 3000 chime sound?

LifeChat LX 3000 chime sound?: Why is there a chime sound every 30 seconds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lifechat-lx-3000-chime-sound/25203c01-e5c8-4d59-b927-3bf1148b420a
  9. Windows keeps chiming in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keeps chiming in sleep mode: Why does my brand new HP desktop computer with Windows 10 installed randomly chime when it goes into sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-chiming-in-sleep-mode/972d006a-23d5-4bc8-afc2-30d883cd9733
  10. Ramdom Chimeing sounds on windows 10

Ramdom Chimeing sounds on windows 10: How do I get rid of random Chiming sounds on my windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ramdom-chimeing-sounds-on-windows-10/9e21cb94-c952-4da3-af7b-59b3288e2920