Windows 10: Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video

Discus and support Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If a user enters Full Screen while playing a video, you can't get out of full screen. I've tested this with Vemo and YouTube videos.To test: Create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roy Beaulieu, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video

If a user enters Full Screen while playing a video, you can't get out of full screen. I've tested this with Vemo and YouTube videos.To test: Create kiosk account. Set Edge as the program to run. Set As a public browser.Go to youtube.com and play a video. Hit F to enter full screen. Hitting anything will not exit Full Screen. Escape, F11, F. Nothing I can find will exit full screen and return control back to the user.We have training computers that require the user to watch a video and take a test. If the user full screens the video, the computer becomes useless. Only <CTRL><ALT><

:)

Roy Beaulieu, Aug 2, 2022

2. Windows 10 kiosk mode: screen locks after login

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Kiosk Mode on Windows 10.

Since you are being logged out of Kiosk Mode after every login, I suggest you to refer the article

Troubleshoot kiosk mode issues

Also, you can try removing and creating the Kiosk account again, follow the steps mentioned below to remove the Kiosk account:

1. Go to Settings >
      Accounts > Family & other people.
    2. Under Setup a kiosk option click on
      Assigned access.
    3. Now under Kiosk info click on the
      account name and click on Remove kiosk.
    4. Now click on Remove.

Once the account is removed, refer the article to
    Set up a single-app kiosk

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 2, 2022
  3. Modify Touch Screen Keyboard in Windows Kiosk Mode

I'm opening Windows in kiosk mode and inside it i run Google Chrome also in kiosk mode. (So kiosk inside kiosk).

I want to limit the users to only that particular tab that opens by default in Chrome.

With the keyboard that appears on screen when selecting an input field, people can use chrome shortcuts such as : CTRL + T or CTRL + N and I want to get rid of that. (No physical keyboard will be available, only touch screen keyboard).

Can i disable

Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video bbada10c-6abe-49ee-9017-750e66565ab1.png
    the
    ctrl button from the touch screen keyboard? Or is it another solution?

Things I've tried:

• Disabling Chrome shortcuts ( Chrome doesn't let you do that, unlike mozilla )
    • Disable ctrl command from registry ( This blocks ctrl only for the physical keyboard, not for the on screen one )
    • Install a custom keyboard, even though I was able to remove the ctrl key, it wouldn't be accepted as a solution because of security risks.

Ram Addict, Aug 2, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video

Kiosk Mode in Windows 10.

Thanks, I followed the instructions, I did all the steps and when I launch Kiosk mode, I only get a black screen.

Any idea what happened? How do I get out of Kiosk mode?

Anderson_Garcia, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video

1. Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video - Similar Threads - Kiosk Mode can't

2. Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Kiosk Mode can't escape full screen video: If a user enters Full Screen while playing a video, you can't get out of full screen. I've tested this with Vemo and YouTube videos.To test: Create kiosk account. Set Edge as the program to run. Set As a public browser.Go to youtube.com and play a video. Hit F to enter full...
  3. Windows Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Kiosk Mode: I'd like to lock my PC, but also have a video play on the screen.Is this possible with Kiosk mode?It asks me to assign an account, but won't allow me to do with this my main account.Thanks...
  4. Windows Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Kiosk Mode: I'd like to lock my PC, but also have a video play on the screen.Is this possible with Kiosk mode?It asks me to assign an account, but won't allow me to do with this my main account.Thanks...
  5. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 Support
    kiosk mode: I want to setup kiosk mode to control applications that the users can use , I followed the below url to setup it , however , I can't find chrome browser in the application list , therefore , I would like to ask how to control the user can use chrome browser or not ? another...
  6. Kiosk Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kiosk Mode: I have set Kiosk mode with a single user and a single app. I am unable to remove the user and do not get an error but just times out and Kiosk mode with the user is still enable. How do I remove this in Windows 10 Pro version 2004?...
  7. Can't escape Windows 10 S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't escape Windows 10 S mode: Please read whole post before responding. Normal escape from S mode instructions are not working. I found myself in S mode very suddenly while working on my laptop. Very bizarre. So I rebooted multiple times and still in S mode. When through the activation window...
  8. KIOSK MODE

in Windows 10 Customization
    KIOSK MODE: Good Day, Is it possible to run any application type in KIOSK mode for Enterprise or Education versions? I tried to run Visual Studio Code in KIOSK mode only the black background can be seen using Windows Imaging and configuration design and I was deprived User...
  9. kiosk mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    kiosk mode: how do I remove the kiosk mode from my xplane11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kiosk-mode/228bbfb6-fed9-46b9-9244-cccf66bb4cda
  10. Video lagging in full screen mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video lagging in full screen mode: Sometimes when i switch my videos to full screen mode it stutters in players . Vlc player , Pot player , KM player and even in windows default player. Can anyone tell me how can i solve this problem? My current Gpu is Strix RX480 and it is running on latest drivers....