Windows 10: Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

Discus and support Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Moongidget, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible it wasn't originally in the Power Options. I have it set to do nothing when the lid is opened, but it still turns itself on. The second frustrating thing is that the computer turns itself off or sleeps when plugged in and left alone. Those settings are below. My goal is to be able to leave the computer on, when plugged in,

:)

Moongidget, Apr 7, 2022

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 laptop will not wake from sleep when lid is opened

Original Title: Windows 10

since upgrade to 10 laptop will not wake from sleep when lid is opened

davidbrock4766, Apr 7, 2022
  4. Adrian700 Win User

Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

Can't wake up laptop from sleep without opening the lid

Hello.

I used to be able to wake up my laptop with my USB mouse and keyboard, but about 1-2 months ago it stopped working.

In order to wake it up, I now have to open the lid. I don't need to press any buttons, merely lifting the lid a few centimetres wakes the computer up.

What's interesting, I can wake it up with mouse/keyboard within a few minutes of it going to sleep. But if I leave it in a sleep state for longer, if I walk away and come back in a few hours, mouse/keyboard can no longer wake it up and I have to open the
    lid.

Any suggestions?

Adrian700, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

1. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior - Similar Threads - Laptop Lid Open

2. Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11: The Sleep setting within lid open action is missing on window 11 buildAny know a way to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-open-settings-sleep-is-missing-on-windows-11/201921cd-d715-4cf7-98ce-9b18288f70dd
  3. Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lid open settings - Sleep is missing on Windows 11: The Sleep setting within lid open action is missing on window 11 buildAny know a way to get this back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lid-open-settings-sleep-is-missing-on-windows-11/201921cd-d715-4cf7-98ce-9b18288f70dd
  4. Windows 11 laptop turns on when I open the lid

Windows 11 laptop turns on when I open the lid: Hello! I find this feature very inconvenient and I'd like to change it. After looking around on the internet, people advise to open the Power Options and change it there, but even though I can choose what my laptop does when I close the lid but there is nothing that could be...
  5. Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior

Windows 11 Laptop Lid Open and Sleep behavior: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that has some frustrating features and I can't get it to behave. The first is the open lid behavior. The laptop turns itself on when the lid is opened. I searched the settings and finally was able to make the Lid Open Setting visible it wasn't...
  6. Behavior when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Behavior when closing lid: I have long configured my laptop to stay on when I close the lid with it plugged in and to shut down when I close the lid with the plugged pulled. I do this for several reasons but the main reason I prefer this set up is because I can close the lid of my lap top, pull the...
  7. Behavior when closing lid

Behavior when closing lid: I have long configured my laptop to stay on when I close the lid with it plugged in and to shut down when I close the lid with the plugged pulled. I do this for several reasons but the main reason I prefer this set up is because I can close the lid of my lap top, pull the...
  8. Laptop Opening lid function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Opening lid function: Hi every1 I would like to know whether there is an option by which I can switch on the laptop by just opening the lid without having to press the power button. Thank you...
  9. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  10. Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not shuting on from sleep automatically after opening the lid: Hello there. I recently rebstarted my Sony Vaio laptop because of system problems and lost all Sony Vaio apps. After that the feature of closing the lid and the computer going into sleep was working but after i open the lid again I have to press the On Button so that the...