Windows 10: Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows

Discus and support Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft plans to reveal the future of Windows next week. A leaked ISO of Microsoft's new operating system, called Windows 11, provides us with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 16, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows

Microsoft plans to reveal the future of Windows next week. A leaked ISO of Microsoft's new operating system, called Windows 11, provides us with a glimpse of what users can expect from the new operating system.

The leak confirms that Microsoft's next version of Windows will be called Windows 11 and that it will ship with a refreshed desktop user interface and other enhancements.

Note: the leaked version is a development copy of the operating system. Changes will be made to the system and it may look different when it first final version gets released.

The leak suggests that Windows 11 won't be an entirely new operating system. Instead, it looks like a cross between Windows 10 and Windows 10X, Microsoft's attempt to create a special version of Windows 10 for dual-screen devices and new PCs.

If you have seen screenshots of Windows 10X or played with the operating system yourself, you will see many similarities between Windows 10X and the leaked version of Windows 11.

Screenshots of the leaked version were published on Tieda Baidu first; the ISO image was leaked later and is not available on various P2p platforms and other unofficial sources.

Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows windows-11-leak.jpg

The leaked build has a centered user interface with a new Start Menu design, but options exist to make it align to the left just like in Windows 10. Live Tiles appear to be gone for good as all pinned programs and links are displayed as static icons in the new Windows 11 Start Menu.

The new Start Menu opens a list of pinned programs and links, and recommendations. The sidebar of Windows 10's Start Menu, which links to Documents, Pictures and the account, appears to be gone. Settings, the account link, and power options are still accessible in the Start Menu, and there is a link to get a list of all applications on the device.

Windows are rounded in the build and menus use a new modern design as well.

Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows windows-11-pro.jpg

Widgets may be making a comeback in Windows 11. Microsoft pulled support for classic desktop widgets in earlier versions of Windows citing security issues. In the leak, widgets are available to display news, weather or calendars on the desktop.

Support for Windows 10 ends in 2025. Microsoft has not revealed yet when it plans to launch Windows 11 officially.

Closing Words

The big takeaway from the leak, at least in its current state of analysis, is that Windows 11 won't be that different from Windows 10. The next version of Windows will feature other changes, including Microsoft Store improvements to make it the universal place for Windows programs and not just Windows apps. Microsoft plans to allow Win32 programs, executable files, to be offered in the Store so that software developers such as Mozilla, Adobe or Google could offer their programs directly in the Store without having to create specific Store versions of the programs.

Now You: what is your expectation in regards to Windows 11?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 16, 2021

2. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows [​IMG]

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Jun 16, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jun 16, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Vista Prices Revealed

Microsoft has accidentally leaked some details of the price of its next-generation operating system. U.S. full/upgrade prices:
    • Windows Vista Ultimate $349/$199
    • Windows Vista Business $269/179
    • Windows Vista Home Premium $239/$139
    • Windows Vista Home Basic $199/$99
    Source: ZDNet

malware, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11 leak gives us a glimpse of Microsoft's next version of Windows - Similar Threads - leak glimpse Microsoft's

2. Did Microsoft just give us a glimpse of the next Windows desktop?

in Windows 10 News
    Did Microsoft just give us a glimpse of the next Windows desktop?: Windows 10 is not the last Windows operating system. Microsoft released Windows 11 despite stating years earlier that nothing would be coming after Windows 10. Now, the company appears focused on its new operating system Windows 11. New major updates will be released once a...
  3. Give us a minute issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Give us a minute issue: Give us a minute, were updating app name roblox, it should be ready to use again shortly. Pls help me to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/give-us-a-minute-issue/6b70bbd2-ebc1-4c0f-af17-2f0a7398c782
  4. Give us a minute

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Give us a minute: Hello, For the last 48 hours I have received the message "give us a minute XXX is updating" whenever I have tried to access my Outlook or any other Microsoft "app" on my computer. I have checked all my updates, check I am synced for the correct time zone, tried to reset...
  5. Leak gives us a closer look at Microsoft’s new Edge for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Leak gives us a closer look at Microsoft’s new Edge for Windows 10: As the work on the new Microsoft Edge browser advances, more details are appearing online. The latest leak has also confirmed that Microsoft will launch its own extension store and it will allow users to sideload extensions from Chrome Web Store which is a big deal....
  6. Give Us A Minute......

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Give Us A Minute......: Recently I tried to open my World Of Tanks Blitz game using Windows 10 and I got a "Give Us A Minute" Window saying it would be ready shortly, it has been up for a couple of days now. How do I fix this?...
  7. Give us more freedom in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Give us more freedom in Windows: Hello Its been a while for windows 10 being out, and I have to say. I still like the old windows better. Windows 10 needs to give us more options to change our settings. It makes no sense why we can't just click to change our fonts for our windows. Another thing windows...
  8. Give us more freedom in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Give us more freedom in Windows: Hello Its been a while for windows 10 being out, and I have to say. I still like the old windows better. Windows 10 needs to give us more options to change our settings. It makes no sense why we can't just click to change our fonts for our windows. Another thing windows...
  9. give us a minute windows phone issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    give us a minute windows phone issue: My nokia lumia 650 displays "give us a minute.this app is updating.It should be ready to update shortly" on nearly all apps and contacts list....
  10. Microsoft talks up 'next version of Windows'

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft talks up 'next version of Windows': Microsoft's Tony Prophet took a moment Wednesday to expand on a key feature in the next version of Windows at a Microsoft conference. Prophet, corporate vice president of Windows Marketing, offered a bit more clarity on comments executive Terry Myerson provided at...