Windows 10: Windows 11: list of known issues and resolved issues

Discus and support Windows 11: list of known issues and resolved issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released its Windows 11 operating system in early October 2021 to the public. The operating system is rolled out gradually Windows Update to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Oct 9, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 11: list of known issues and resolved issues

Microsoft released its Windows 11 operating system in early October 2021 to the public. The operating system is rolled out gradually Windows Update to compatible Windows 10 devices as a free update, but administrators need to allow the upgrade before it is installed.

Windows 11 is also available on new PCs and as a standalone download and new installation or upgrade.

Windows 11 has known issues that Microsoft confirmed. The current count of known issues is 3, the count of resolved issues is 0.

Note: not all issues may have been confirmed by Microsoft officially. The recently disclosed AMD performance issue on Windows 11 has not been confirmed officially by Microsoft yet.

Windows 11: known issues

Windows 11: list of known issues and resolved issues windows-11-known-issues-resolved.png

Issue 001: Compatibility issues with Intel “Killer” and "SmartByte" networking software

Microsoft confirmed compatibility issues between Intel networking software, "Killer and "SmartByte", and the company's Windows 11 operating system.

UDP packets may be dropped on devices affected by the issue as a consequence "under certain conditions". Microsoft notes that users may experience that webpages load slower than usually, and that other Internet services, including video streaming services and VPN services, may also be slower than expected.

Resolution: expected on the October 2021 Patch Tuesday (October 12, 2021)

Issue 002: Compatibility issues have been found between Oracle VirtualBox and Windows 11

Virtual Machines may fail to start or other errors may be thrown when Virtual Machines are started on Windows 11. An incompatibility was discovered between Windows 11 and Oracle's VirtualBox virtualization software. Microsoft put an upgrade block on devices with VirtualBox installed.

Workaround: uninstall Hyper-V or Hypervisor from Windows until the issue is resolved.

Resolution: expected to be released in October 2021.

Issue 003: Compatibility issues with apps using some non-ASCII characters in their registry keys

Applications that use certain non-ASCII characters in the Registry may not start or may cause other issues on Windows 11 devices. Errors may result in a bluescreen.

Resolution: Microsoft is investigating the issue.

Windows 11: resolved issues

None so far.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 11: list of known issues and resolved issues appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Oct 9, 2021

2. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 20H2

@WolfyAmbassador posted the changes that needed to be made to the registry, so big kudos (unfortunately, we can rep in the news forum).

Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 20H2

I just tweaked it a little to minimize registry edits, added a backup, and documented the steps from start to finish.

OldNavyGuy, Oct 9, 2021
  3. jumanji Win User

Seeing is believing *Wink.

Windows 11: list of known issues and resolved issues [​IMG]

Registry Key EditionVersion after the update:

jumanji, Oct 9, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Once again:
    Tutorlal- disable automatic updates. Section 7 -> WUA windows update assistant
    Sledgehammer (script based, includes WUMT Windows Update Minitool and Windows Update Manager (WUmgr) ). These last two are also independent tools.

If you Google those you'll see more.

It's probably not so much a solution from HP you need as either MS to resolve the slow boot issue they've created, or if already solved in a later update, to ensure you're using that. The News section and articles on the relevant builds and updates list known and resolved issues, although often more are known- e.g. in comments following.

It's not that only HP devices are affected.

dalchina, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 11: list of known issues and resolved issues - Similar Threads - list known issues

2. Are there known issues with Windows 11 and 3D viewer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there known issues with Windows 11 and 3D viewer?: Since I went from Windows 10 to 11, the 3D viewer app does not work right. I can open it and view objects, but can't save them. I get the same error every time we could not save the model. But, I see what should be the save on my desktop. When I try to open it, it says "could...
  3. Are there known issues with Windows 11 and 3D viewer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there known issues with Windows 11 and 3D viewer?: Since I went from Windows 10 to 11, the 3D viewer app does not work right. I can open it and view objects, but can't save them. I get the same error every time we could not save the model. But, I see what should be the save on my desktop. When I try to open it, it says "could...
  4. Are there any known issues with WIN 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any known issues with WIN 11?: I usually wait for at least a month before upgrading anything to see if there are bugs or other issues, are there any with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-known-issues-with-win-11/8c6f18db-f412-455d-b310-02a7d63748d6
  5. Are there any known issues with WIN 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any known issues with WIN 11?: I usually wait for at least a month before upgrading anything to see if there are bugs or other issues, are there any with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-known-issues-with-win-11/8c6f18db-f412-455d-b310-02a7d63748d6
  6. Windows 11 Known issues and problems

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Known issues and problems: [ATTACH]Microsoft has released the stable version of Windows 11 for all users. Now, users can upgrade their Windows 10 computers to Windows 11 or install Windows 11 directly by downloading the ISO file from Microsoft’s official website. Recently, Microsoft has confirmed that...
  7. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 21H1

in Windows 10 News
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 21H1: Current status as of May 18, 2021 Windows 10, version 21H1 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 2004 and higher who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual...
  8. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 20H2

in Windows 10 News
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 version 20H2: Current status as of October 20, 2020 Windows 10, version 20H2 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and higher who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual...
  9. Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 October 2020 Update 20H2

in Windows 10 News
    Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 October 2020 Update 20H2: Current status as of October 20, 2020 Windows 10, version 20H2 is available for users with devices running Windows 10, versions 1903 and higher who manually seek to “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual...
  10. Is this a known issue?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this a known issue?: Hello, In another thread I indicated that my computer shows that the KB4056892 update failed. I was informed how to find out if it did indeed install, which it has. My question is will the error in View installed History will ever be correct, or are there any concerns other...