Windows 10: Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone

Discus and support Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by william9876, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone

Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone

:)

william9876, Aug 30, 2022

2. Sync Contacts

The way I have my android phone contacts currently set up, it becomes an unmanageable mess. If I allow my phone contacts to sync with Gmail, I can end up with duplicates (quadruplicates, actually) of the same contacts, multiple phone numbers on the same line, phone numbers and notes/addresses on the same line, etc. I'm sure there a those of you out there that can relate to this.

It renders the phone list practically useless, particularly to voice calling, etc.

I don't want email address contacts in my phone list. Can I isolate a phone contact list group in Gmail, and only have that list sync with my android phone contacts?

The reason is twofold. On my computer I also maintain the "local" Contacts folder (not the "People" list) as a mirror image of my phone contacts. In order to keep the phone list and computer lists in sync, I can export the computer contacts to a .vcf file, and easily and quickly directly import the list into my phone contacts.

The obstacle with this method is that going in the other direction (phone to computer) is too inconvenient to consider if you have 400+ contacts. If I export from my phone .vcf file to the computer, when I try to import it to my computer list, It becomes a folder with individual contacts, only allowing me import "one" contact at a time.

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 30, 2022
  3. How to transfer contacts from windows(live account) to android?

I need to transfer contacts from my windows phone having live account to android, and looking for the best solution.

As a first step, I tried setting up a live account on android but failed to create.

I also tried to look at the contacts section after logging into the live account using web, but couldn't see any. Really scares me a lot since it's a real difficult task to manually copy/recreate contacts from windows to android .

Kindly suggest me the best approach for the above issue.

MuraliKodavali, Aug 30, 2022
  4. Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone

Sync Contacts

Hi Ken, thanks for responding and confirming a few things for me.
    I wish I had talked to you a long time ago.

When I went into my gmail contacts, I had about 10 differently dated imported "groups" that I had no Idea where they came from and were responsible for mess there (the "My Contacts" group list had almost 800 contacts, when there should have only been around 400) as well as in my phone (Galaxy s6)
    contacts.

I paid the price for failing to learn at least the fundamentals of managing gmail/yahoo contacts until now. I had to manually edit that awful mess. Merging duplicates doesn't help much.

That's the way I will approach it, since you can set up your phone to single out which gmail account will sync contacts on the phone.

My main obstacle was finding a way to coordinate/sync my local computer contact list and my phone contact list. You can't export the android list and directly import it into the computer list. Now I can do it easily by utilizing gmail as a middleman to create a backup of my android phone list that is compatible for importing into my local contacts.

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 30, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone

1. Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone - Similar Threads - Live account contacts

2. Syncing Media Player with Android phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Media Player with Android phone: I am trying to sync windows media player on Windows 11 to my new Samsung Galaxy A34. I cannot see within Media Player how to do this. I recently changed my android phone and swapped everything over vie Smart Switch, including my music tracks on the previous phone. On the new...
  3. Windows stopped syncing to android phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stopped syncing to android phone: Windows Media Player stopped syncing to android phone. Same phone as before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stopped-syncing-to-android-phone/0eabf8d9-397d-4c70-be98-7465e44ff858
  4. Windows stopped syncing to android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stopped syncing to android phone: Windows Media Player stopped syncing to android phone. Same phone as before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stopped-syncing-to-android-phone/0eabf8d9-397d-4c70-be98-7465e44ff858
  5. Windows stopped syncing to android phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Phone Link and contact syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link and contact syncing: Phone Link now includes a new feature to sync phone contacts with Microsoft Teams for Life as per What's new and announcements for the Phone Link app - Microsoft Support.If I am already syncing phone contacts with M365/outlook.com, why would I want to turn this new feature...
  7. Phone Link and contact syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link and contact syncing: Phone Link now includes a new feature to sync phone contacts with Microsoft Teams for Life as per What's new and announcements for the Phone Link app - Microsoft Support.If I am already syncing phone contacts with M365/outlook.com, why would I want to turn this new feature...
  8. Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone: Windows 11 Live account contacts not syncing to Android phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-live-account-contacts-not-syncing-to/e9584ab9-2d96-428f-bd3f-cdab5596b3b6
  9. cannot sync Android phone with PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot sync Android phone with PC: I want to sync Android phone with PC but the PC doesn’t show my phone on the devices list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sync-android-phone-with-pc/efac799c-8f0c-4af1-8ac8-a97ca8d66629
  10. Sync accounts settings with Android phone .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sync accounts settings with Android phone .: I have my Android signed in through the Authenticator with my main Microsoft account. Went thru the add device process but it still doesn't show the device in devices in account. Also, when I go to the sync settings in my windows pc, it says " sync is not available with for...