Windows 10: Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen

Discus and support Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My company requires that all users have the same lock screen. On Windows 10 we have the lock screen set to 1920 x 1080 which scales correctly on all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Display_Name_Here, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen

My company requires that all users have the same lock screen. On Windows 10 we have the lock screen set to 1920 x 1080 which scales correctly on all of the Win10 systems. On our Windows 11 systems the same resolution of 1920 x 1080 does not scale correctly so some of the image is cut off. On both operating systems we copy the image to c:\windows\web\wallpaper\windows and then enforce its use through group policy. Would anybody know if I need to select a different resolution for the image on Windows 11 systems? I've tried several others such as 1280 x 720 and 2560 x 1440 and the result is s

:)

Display_Name_Here, Aug 9, 2022

2. How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Hi Paul,

In order to see your lockscreen wallpapers in full view, the image itself must match with the aspect ratio of your monitor. If the image resolution exceeded the dimension size of your monitor, it would unlikely fit on your monitor screen. You need to edit
    and resize your image until if fits on your screen. To do this, follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Reduce the image size by following these steps:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen 9333d37e-25d4-43e3-a62c-969b51a7fb8e.png

Step 2 - Edit the image to fit in your lockscreen by perform the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Photos, then click it to launch this application.
    • Locate the image that you want to edit.
    • Click the image.
    • Press Ctrl + E to start editing.
    • Click Crop.
    • On the top right, click the Aspect ratio menu.
    • Click Lockscreen.
    • Click the check sign to apply changes.
    • Press Ctrl + S to save the image.

There is no shrink or expand image option available in Lockscreen settings since Windows 10 can already automatically resize the image to fit on your screen.

Let us know if the resolution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Aug 9, 2022
  3. HOW CAN I ADJUST PICTURE ON LOCK SCREEN TO FIT DISPLAY BETTER IS A WINDOWS 10

Windows 10 doesn't provide the Fit option for Lock screen picture.

You will have to resize / edit the picture in Photos app or Paint app to meet the required size and aspect ratio.

The detail step described in Answer marked in this thread -
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Vijay_Verma, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Aera Rua Win User

Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen

Locked Screen

Since the issue still persists, then you will have to manually change the size of the image in Paint. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen 0f585062-0755-4d5c-a4bd-fb2ba7b729aa?upload=true.png

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Aera Rua, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen

1. Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen - Similar Threads - lock screen ratio

2. Problem for screen ratio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem for screen ratio: I just got a laptop with an integrated graphicscard alongside the main gpu.I want to automatically force the resolution to be streched to fit the monitor edge automatically when I open a program running in a different aspect ratio than the one i use on desktop.My screen is...
  3. Problem for screen ratio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem for screen ratio: I just got a laptop with an integrated graphicscard alongside the main gpu.I want to automatically force the resolution to be streched to fit the monitor edge automatically when I open a program running in a different aspect ratio than the one i use on desktop.My screen is...
  4. Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lock screen ratio size to fit screen: My company requires that all users have the same lock screen. On Windows 10 we have the lock screen set to 1920 x 1080 which scales correctly on all of the Win10 systems. On our Windows 11 systems the same resolution of 1920 x 1080 does not scale correctly so some of the...
  5. fitting screen to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    fitting screen to monitor screen: After the latest automatic windows update when I turned my computer back on again the next day, the screen was out of whack. Everything was there in the window but the window didn't size properly for the hp laptop monitor, It was cut off on the bottom so I couldn't see the...
  6. Size of lock screen backgrounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Size of lock screen backgrounds?: I’ve been searching all over the internet for different sized images with high quality, and whenever I find one with high quality, it’s always blurry. Anyone know a fix to this? Is it the size that’s making it this way? NOTE: it’s my lock screen that’s blurry, my home...
  7. Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio?: Is there any way to lock the screen aspect ratio so its always 1024x768, independent of there being a monitor connected to the PC? 165923
  8. Window will not fit screen

Window will not fit screen: I am using a pc splitter, splitting 2 tv's, as my monitors , When I did this my original samsung tv now will not let me fit the window on the left side of screen, leaving right side off and unable to see. Will not let me do anything to use this left side. What can I do to...
  9. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  10. Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen suddenly stopped fitting monitor size.: Hello, I have been using Windows 10 on my PC for over a year it everything has been flawless, but this morning, I turned on my computer and the screen had over an inch of black on the sides. I have searched every single forum and support site I could find and I found that a...