Windows 10: Windows 11 logon failure

Discus and support Windows 11 logon failure in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro. It came autologoning to an account named User.I created a new account based on my Microsoft account. I set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LEScott, Jun 26, 2022.

1. LEScott Win User

Windows 11 logon failure

I have a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro. It came autologoning to an account named User.I created a new account based on my Microsoft account. I set up a pin.After shutting down the laptop, when I rebooted it starts at the logon screen with my new account and picture/name with "sign in" below that. When I click sign in it just goes to what looks like a screen saver screen and never signs in. If I click the mouse again it repeats the same process over. Does this forever.On the logon screen there seems to be no way to switch the user. All I have in the lower right corner is 3 icons, Network

:)

LEScott, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Phaewryn Win User

"logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

I have really broken my network. I renamed these two machines, which was the beginning of all this, I wanted a naming scheme that matched. "logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer" any ideas on what I can do do resolve that? It's an error on the windows 10 machine hosting the HomeGroup, trying to access the windows 7 laptop (which is on the HomeGroup). It works flawlessly in the opposite direction (laptop to homegroup hosting pc). It worked fine before I renamed the machines and then went digging around trying to "clean it up a bit" (I had folders listed as being shared twice and stuff like that). All the machines on the network/homegroup are logged into the homegroup, all display the homegroup grouping and network home/private grouping, and they all work all ways except the homegroup hosting windows 10 machine not accessing the windows 7 laptop. I feel like it may be something that's windows 7 specific that I'm missing. The other windows 10 machine is able access the laptop fine. I've tried disabling the firewall in the laptop and it made no difference. I've run the windows homegroup diagnostics both ways, the windows 10 pc says everything's correct the laptop just isn't responding, the laptop's diagnostic says the firewall is misconfigured (but yet turning it off doesn't solve the problem). All shared folders are set to share with HomeUsers only. All have full permissions set. I'm baffled. These two machines are just not playing nicely anymore. Help?

Phaewryn, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Ruz San Win User

Windows 11 logon failure

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 logon failure

1. Windows 11 logon failure - Similar Threads - logon failure

2. LOGON FAILURE WHEN REPORTING AGAINST A .CSV FILE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOGON FAILURE WHEN REPORTING AGAINST A .CSV FILE: I am developing under Visual Studio 2022 and Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP33. I am reporting against a .CSV file using the MS ODBC Text driver. I was able to design the report without any problems. However, when I tried to execute the report I got a logon failure...
  3. LOGON FAILURE WHEN REPORTING AGAINST A .CSV FILE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOGON FAILURE WHEN REPORTING AGAINST A .CSV FILE: I am developing under Visual Studio 2022 and Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP33. I am reporting against a .CSV file using the MS ODBC Text driver. I was able to design the report without any problems. However, when I tried to execute the report I got a logon failure...
  4. Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer: Hi, Hoping to get some help here. My application software uses the Windows Event Log Viewer to capture audit trail. I’m trying to verify the timestamp of the following activities: logon failure with incorrect password, and successful logon. The timestamp of my successful...
  5. Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer

Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer: Hi, Hoping to get some help here. My application software uses the Windows Event Log Viewer to capture audit trail. I’m trying to verify the timestamp of the following activities: logon failure with incorrect password, and successful logon. The timestamp of my successful...
  6. Logon failure captured at a delayed timing on Windows Event Log Viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows 11 logon failure

Windows 11 logon failure: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro. It came autologoning to an account named User.I created a new account based on my Microsoft account. I set up a pin.After shutting down the laptop, when I rebooted it starts at the logon screen with my new account and picture/name with...
  8. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  9. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer: I recently added a password to the hidden administrator by mistake. Now I can't install or do anything on the computer which requires admin rights. I know the password is correct however when typed I receive the message "logon failure the user has not been granted the...
  10. logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type to this computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security