Windows 10: Windows 11 LongPathsEnabled and Enable Win32 long paths not working.

Discus and support Windows 11 LongPathsEnabled and Enable Win32 long paths not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can see this has been reported many times but I can't seem to find any resolution to the issue.I have set the LongPathEnabled to 1 in the Registry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RossK HD, Feb 21, 2024.

1. RossK HD Win User

Windows 11 LongPathsEnabled and Enable Win32 long paths not working.

I can see this has been reported many times but I can't seem to find any resolution to the issue.I have set the LongPathEnabled to 1 in the Registry Editor and updated Enable Win32 long paths to Enabled in Local Group Policy Editor, and I am still not able to use a file path longer than 259 chars I have restarted following these changes. Is there anything else that needs to be set in order to get this working? Ideally, would like to be able to do this with OneDrive synced files but this is not currently working whether the file or folder is synced or not.Please do not include instructions

:)

RossK HD, Feb 21, 2024
  2. iTsFx Win User

Long Path Enabled Does not Work

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble enabling long path names in Windows 10. Here are some steps you can try:

Check if your version of Windows 10 supports long path names. Long path names were added in Windows 10 version 1607 and later. You can check your version of Windows 10 by going to Settings > System > About.

Check if long path names are enabled in the registry. You can do this by opening the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem. Look for the value "LongPathsEnabled" and make sure it is set to 1.

Check if the group policy setting is configured to enable long path names. Open the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) and navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem. Look for the "Enable Win32 long paths" policy and make sure it is set to "Enabled".

Restart your computer after making any changes to the registry or group policy settings.

If you're still having trouble, try using a third-party tool like Long Path Tool to rename or delete files with long path names.

I hope this helps!

iTsFx, Feb 21, 2024
  3. LesFerch Win User
    enable win32 long paths but not work

I see the same issue with File Explorer. The setting "LongPathsEnabled" makes no difference.

I recommend using a third party file manager. I have successfully tested Directory Opus with long folder paths on Windows 11.

I also recommend submitting a report and request for better long path support in Windows File Explorer via the Feedback Hub. You shouldn't have to use a third party tool to solve this.

Another workaround is to use the command line to copy or move files and folders. In some cases you may have to prefix the source and/or target paths with the long path name support prefix: \\?\

LesFerch, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Windows 11 LongPathsEnabled and Enable Win32 long paths not working.

Windows 10 commands with Long path name are not working

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.112)

I have tried following to enable long path name support on my windows 10 system -

1. Set the registry key at

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem LongPathsEnabled (Type: REG_DWORD)

2. Enabled

Group Policy at Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem > Enable Win32 long paths

Rebooted the system after setting registry and enabling group policy but I still can not use long path name with windows commands.

Can you please suggest what else needs to be done to enable long path name on windows 10.

Thanks.

YogeshSingh1, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 LongPathsEnabled and Enable Win32 long paths not working.

1. Windows 11 LongPathsEnabled and Enable Win32 long paths not working. - Similar Threads - LongPathsEnabled Enable Win32

2. Windows 11 LongPathsEnabled and Enable Win32 long paths not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 LongPathsEnabled and Enable Win32 long paths not working.: I can see this has been reported many times but I can't seem to find any resolution to the issue.I have set the LongPathEnabled to 1 in the Registry Editor and updated Enable Win32 long paths to Enabled in Local Group Policy Editor, and I am still not able to use a file path...
  3. Long path enabled doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Long path enabled doesn’t work: I’m on a windows 11 22H2 and I have a program DraftSight 2023 that during install tries to create a visual, basic directory but it fails and triggers, a long path error 1320, I’ve tried everything but I can’t get around it. I enabled it in group policies and in the registry,...
  4. enable win32 long paths but not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enable win32 long paths but not work: Dear support TeamI have changed the following two settings in order to be able to open long-path files with more than 260 characters in file explorer, but I still can’t open long-path files even after restarting the computer after the changes. Please help me find out why. 1....
  5. enable win32 long paths but not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    enable win32 long paths but not work: Dear support TeamI have changed the following two settings in order to be able to open long-path files with more than 260 characters in file explorer, but I still can’t open long-path files even after restarting the computer after the changes. Please help me find out why. 1....
  6. enable win32 long paths but not work

7. Long Path Enabled Does not Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Long Path Enabled Does not Work: Dear Team, I want to enable long path in Windows 10. Because I created several subfolders and want to rename the PDF or other files within it exceeding 260 characters. I tried to troubleshoot by using recommendations from Microsoft like put script in PowerShare and...
  8. Long Path Enabled Does not Work

Long Path Enabled Does not Work: Dear Team, I want to enable long path in Windows 10. Because I created several subfolders and want to rename the PDF or other files within it exceeding 260 characters. I tried to troubleshoot by using recommendations from Microsoft like put script in PowerShare and...
  9. "Destination Path Too Long" -- despite LongPathsEnabled = 1 ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Destination Path Too Long" -- despite LongPathsEnabled = 1 ??: Trying to copy/dump a bunch of files & dirs from an external HDD (given by someone else), but getting the ol' "Destination Path Too Long" error ----- even tho i already have "LongPathsEnabled" set to 1 in registry (did this a long time ago). wtf? Why might this happen? HDD...
  10. Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10 [img] Information by default, the maximum path length limit in Windows is 260 characters. A local path is structured in the following order: drive letter,...