Windows 10: Windows 11 may update causes system crash

Discus and support Windows 11 may update causes system crash in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was updating windows 11 with windows update and one of the updates crashed the system and sent me into Dell support assist OS recovery mode. did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlesKausch, May 11, 2022.

1. Windows 11 may update causes system crash

I was updating windows 11 with windows update and one of the updates crashed the system and sent me into Dell support assist OS recovery mode. did anyone else have this issue, and how do I reload the Windows 11 without the update that caused the issue?

:)

CharlesKausch, May 11, 2022
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 11, 2022
  3. Windows 7 USBHUB.SYS causes memory corruption: system crashing, extremely difficult to diagnose

2017-10 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 (KB4041681)
    October 10, 2017—KB4041681 (Monthly Rollup)
    Microsoft released a "security" update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4038803 (released September 19, 2017) and resolves the following issues:
    • Addressed issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
    • Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue with URL encoding in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that prevents an element from receiving focus in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue with the rendering of a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
    • Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
    Source: October 10, 2017—KB4041681 (Monthly Rollup)

SomeOne99h, May 11, 2022
  4. Windows 11 may update causes system crash

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, May 11, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 may update causes system crash

1. Windows 11 may update causes system crash - Similar Threads - may update causes

2. Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem: On July 13 I received some MSN Updates: KB5038182, KB5028938 [this one seemed to have been issued twice] and MSRT.After the Restart, I noticed that my Taskbar had turned white. Going to "Personalisation", I found I couldn't change anything to where it should be. I'm staving...
  3. Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates may have caused a WINDOWS problem: On July 13 I received some MSN Updates: KB5038182, KB5028938 [this one seemed to have been issued twice] and MSRT.After the Restart, I noticed that my Taskbar had turned white. Going to "Personalisation", I found I couldn't change anything to where it should be. I'm staving...
  4. Windows 11 May update causing errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 May update causing errors: After updating my Windows 11 software to the May update, I have been coming up into a whole bunch of system errors.First, my Lenovo Vantage app would no longer open and would be stuck in a loop stating that I need to install my service for it again although it already was...
  5. Windows 11 May update causing errors

Windows 11 May update causing errors: After updating my Windows 11 software to the May update, I have been coming up into a whole bunch of system errors.First, my Lenovo Vantage app would no longer open and would be stuck in a loop stating that I need to install my service for it again although it already was...
  6. Windows 11 may update causes system crash

Windows 11 may update causes system crash: I was updating windows 11 with windows update and one of the updates crashed the system and sent me into Dell support assist OS recovery mode. did anyone else have this issue, and how do I reload the Windows 11 without the update that caused the issue?...
  7. Update caused crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update caused crash: This afternoon, I sat down to work on the PC, and found it was updating. I've never encountered afternoon updates before, but waited for completion. When it was done, the screen remained black, and there was a series of four loud tones, then four lower tones. Then it...
  8. Windows Updates Causing Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Updates Causing Crash: I have a Dell XPS that I bought in 2017. It has been awesome and I haven't had any big issues until now. About 2 months ago there were some updates I don't know what they were. I install updates automatically, and soon after they were installed Windows 10 would not boot up. I...
  9. update causing crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update causing crash: here i am again with an update crashing my computer ( windows 10). the first time was may. after nearly two years of running perfectly, an update crashed it. it turned off to restart and never came back on. no safe mode, nothing. took it in under the warranty and...
  10. Windows 10 causing system crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 causing system crashes: Hi everyone, Just before I start, I thought i'd mention that this is a sort of last resort so hopefully someone on here has more knowledge than the people who have already looked into this issue. OK.... I've got a custom built gaming pc which was running windows 7, ran...