Windows 10: Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device

Discus and support Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ASUS Laptop, brand new 2023 with W11Pro. Ran all the updates and tested before I sent this. Using new Media Player which came with laptop. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard Nagel1, May 19, 2024.

1. Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device

ASUS Laptop, brand new 2023 with W11Pro. Ran all the updates and tested before I sent this. Using new Media Player which came with laptop. Everything is up to date. When I add songs to "Play Queue" and play on laptop the queued songs play continuously as expected without any interaction. When I then cast to a device in this case a Yamaha WXC-50 pre-amplifier the first of the "Play Queue" song plays to the end but will not move onto the next song. I have to go to the laptop and click on the play button for the next tune for it to play. This happens for each song in the queue. Using

:)

Richard Nagel1, May 19, 2024
  2. PeteGR99 Win User

Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player

I use Cast to device to stream audio playlists to my Hi-Fi using an Audiogenie b1 receiver to play background music.

I can then still use my PC Speakers for other audio.

This has worked well for many years with my Dell XPS850 - Windows 10 - Media Player.

I select Cast to Device, click on Audiogenie, a window opens with my playlist and music starts playing.

I recently bought a new PC - Dell XPS8950 - Windows 11.

If I use the new Win 11 Media Player and select Cast to Device, it will play the first track of a playlist then stop and frequently (but not always) Media Player freezes for a minute or so then un-freezes.

If I try to skip a track nothing happens.

If I choose another track from the same playlist it will not play.

If I change the output to my PC Speakers, it works fine.

If I choose Cast to Device from WMP Legacy, it shows that the Audiogenie is Connected for Music.

When I click on it, nothing happens.

NB- I use Bitdefender Total Security (I don't know if that is relevant)

I've spent couple of weeks trawling the web for ideas and trying many suggestions, but to no avail.

I just tried using my old PC again and Cast to Device works perfectly.

I'm at a loss to know what to try next.

Any help will me much appreciated.

Thanks

PeteGR99, May 19, 2024
  3. Cast to Device not working for audio - Media Player

It sounds like there may be compatibility issues between Windows 11 Media Player and your Audiogenie receiver, which is causing the issues you are experiencing.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure your Audiogenie receiver is up to date with the latest firmware version. You can usually find firmware updates on the manufacturer's website.
    2. Try using a different media player to cast your audio to the Audiogenie receiver. For example, you can try using VLC Media Player or Groove Music.
    3. Disable any firewall or antivirus software temporarily to see if they are interfering with the Cast to Device feature.
    4. Try resetting your network settings. Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Network reset and click on Reset now. This will reset all network adapters and settings back to their default values.
    5. Check if there are any updates available for Windows 11 Media Player. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and click on Check for updates.
    6. Try reinstalling Windows 11 Media Player. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, finding Windows Media Player in the list, and clicking on Uninstall. Then, go to Microsoft's website to download and install the latest version of Windows Media Player.
    7. If none of the above steps work, you can try contacting the manufacturer.
    Let me know if you need any additional help. Also, make sure to take backup of your media files.

Shivam.Pandey, May 19, 2024
  4. Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device

Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device

HP laptop.

Using new Media Play which came with laptop. Everything is up to date.

When I add songs to "Play Queue" and play on laptop the queued songs play continuously as expected without any interaction.

When I then cast to a device (in this case a Yamaha R-N303D amplifier) the first of the "Play Queue" song plays to the end but will not move onto the next song. I have to go to the laptop and click on the play button for the next tune for it to play. This happens for each song in the queue.

Using the "Play All" button works in the same manner.

S.C.Gilmour, May 19, 2024
Thema:

Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device

1. Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device - Similar Threads - Media Player plays

2. Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device: ASUS Laptop, brand new 2023 with W11Pro. Ran all the updates and tested before I sent this. Using new Media Player which came with laptop. Everything is up to date. When I add songs to "Play Queue" and play on laptop the queued songs play continuously as expected without any...
  3. Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device: HP laptop.Using new Media Play which came with laptop. Everything is up to date.When I add songs to "Play Queue" and play on laptop the queued songs play continuously as expected without any interaction.When I then cast to a device in this case a Yamaha R-N303D amplifier the...
  4. Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Media Player only plays one tune at a time when casting music to device: HP laptop.Using new Media Play which came with laptop. Everything is up to date.When I add songs to "Play Queue" and play on laptop the queued songs play continuously as expected without any interaction.When I then cast to a device in this case a Yamaha R-N303D amplifier the...
  5. Media Player - Cast to Device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Player - Cast to Device: New problem. When I 'Cast to Device' an entire album, previously used to play all tracks, but now only plays one track, then I need to manually hit the play button in the 'Cast to Device Window' to move to the next track. I want the whole album to play automatically....
  6. Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time: Hello! I am trying to play songs from a thumb drive, but Windows Media Player will only play one song at a time. I tried all the older suggestions, but nothing works. I am using Windows 10 and WMP 12. Please help!...
  7. Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Media Player 'cast to device' will only play the first song on the play list: When I 'cast to device' a multi song play list it will only play the first song on the list. The controls in the 'cast to device' window are shaded out except the repeat and stop buttons....
  8. Windows Media Player will not play Music CD

Windows Media Player will not play Music CD: I am running Windows 10 v.1903 and Windows Media Player v12. All updates were done. When I inserted a music CD into my CD/DVD drive, the Windows Media Player will start, and, after loading the music CD, will start Windows Installer to try to install something (showing just...
  9. Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Media Player is not playing the Music Playlist: [ATTACH] Windows Media Player in most cases is a much better media player when compared to Groove. We can understand why the Groove Music app was created, but with the music pass aspect dead in the water, maybe it’s time for [...] This post Windows Media Player is not...
  10. only media player and groove music dont play audio

only media player and groove music dont play audio: only media player and groove music don't play audio, other apps play mp3 and wav. ( MP and MG plays noises *Sad ) how i fix this ? i have IDT High Definition Audio CODEC 12900