Windows 10: Windows 11 - Media Player will not rebuild database properly - hundreds of albums not showing

Discus and support Windows 11 - Media Player will not rebuild database properly - hundreds of albums not showing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had some WMP problems albums not showing, wrong album art etc.So I deleted all files in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeteGR99, Jun 8, 2023.

1. PeteGR99 Win User

Windows 11 - Media Player will not rebuild database properly - hundreds of albums not showing

I had some WMP problems albums not showing, wrong album art etc.So I deleted all files in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media PlayerThis is a process I have had to do on occasion over the years.On opening WMP I got the message Indexing - as expected.Several hours later it was still indexing.I noted that there were 139 albums showing in WMPA couple of hours later it was still indexing and still only showing 139 albums - there are 703 albums in total.By the following day, it was still indexing and only showing 139 albums.So I went back to %userprofile%\Local Settings\

:)

PeteGR99, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 - Media Player will not rebuild database properly - hundreds of albums not showing

1. Windows 11 - Media Player will not rebuild database properly - hundreds of albums not showing - Similar Threads - Media Player rebuild

2. Windows 11 media player doesn't show album/cover art

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 media player doesn't show album/cover art: Most of my music files are FLAC 1.4.3 but even mp3 files are not showing their cover art: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-media-player-doesnt-show-albumcover-art/0855b3e3-6066-4fe8-8d16-c1784cf8f958
  3. Windows 11 media player doesn't show album/cover art

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 media player doesn't show album/cover art: Most of my music files are FLAC 1.4.3 but even mp3 files are not showing their cover art: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-media-player-doesnt-show-albumcover-art/0855b3e3-6066-4fe8-8d16-c1784cf8f958
  4. Windows 11 - Media Player will not rebuild database properly - hundreds of albums not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Media Player will not rebuild database properly - hundreds of albums not showing: I had some WMP problems albums not showing, wrong album art etc.So I deleted all files in %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media PlayerThis is a process I have had to do on occasion over the years.On opening WMP I got the message Indexing - as...
  5. Windows Media Player in Windows 11: Import album covers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player in Windows 11: Import album covers: I have a new computer with Windows 11 and Windows Media Player 11.2211.36.0.I have copied the music library including album covers from my old Windows 10 with Windows Media Player 12.0.19041.1266 to the new computer.But the new Windows Media Player does not display all the...
  6. Windows Media Player in Windows 11: Import album covers

Windows Media Player in Windows 11: Import album covers: I have a new computer with Windows 11 and Windows Media Player 11.2211.36.0.I have copied the music library including album covers from my old Windows 10 with Windows Media Player 12.0.19041.1266 to the new computer.But the new Windows Media Player does not display all the...
  7. Windows Media Player Volume OSD not properly showing song names or album art

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Volume OSD not properly showing song names or album art: Hello, recently my Groove Music app got updated to the new Windows Media Player version 11.2211.35.0 and while both my music and playlists migrated fine, ever since changing to the media player my volume OSD doesnt display correctly.As seen in the picture, it doesn't display...
  8. Windows Media Player Volume OSD not properly showing song names or album art

Windows Media Player Volume OSD not properly showing song names or album art: Hello, recently my Groove Music app got updated to the new Windows Media Player version 11.2211.35.0 and while both my music and playlists migrated fine, ever since changing to the media player my volume OSD doesnt display correctly.As seen in the picture, it doesn't display...
  9. Media Player album art

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player album art: Where has the paste album art option in Windows Media Player gone? Is the now another way to add the desired album cover? A lot of the stuff I need isn't available for digital sale anywhere so info can't be found by the media player. Old demo tapes from very obscure, and...
  10. Windows Media Player Album Logos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player Album Logos: I recently ripped several CDs to my hard drive. Album covers now display ATC Planet POP Logo instead of the recording artists. How can I delete the ATC logos and restore the original album covers. (I didn't load any ATC CDs.)...