Windows 10: Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray

Discus and support Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I was wondering, is there any way to completely get rid of the microphone icon on the system tray without including adding it onto the "Show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Micro softSB, Feb 25, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray

Hello.I was wondering, is there any way to completely get rid of the microphone icon on the system tray without including adding it onto the "Show hidden icons"?It's really annoying having that.

:)

Micro softSB, Feb 25, 2022

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 25, 2022
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    How do I get a microphone icon to display on the system tray?

Hi Paulo,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about the Microphone icon on the system tray.

Do note that the Microphone will only work if there's an application open that uses it like Skype, Zoom, or WebEx. Therefore, the icon would only appear on the system tray if such an application is open and there's an ongoing call on it. Rest assured that Microphone will not work without any application that uses it. But you may also check if the Microphone icon is enabled on the settings. Kindly follow the steps below.

1. Click on Windows button and click on Settings (gear icon)

2. Click on personalization and click on Taskbar

3. Click on Turn System Icons on or off and make sure that the Microphone is toggled to ON.

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray bb315273-48eb-458e-9533-114a84988601?upload=true.png

WiIfred P, Feb 25, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray

1. Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray - Similar Threads - Microphone icon system

2. Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11: When I go to pin a hidden icon to the taskbar tray icon section, it will only pin while that account is signed in, after logout or sleep or shutdown or restart the attached taskbar tray icon will go back into the 'Hidden icon menu' in the system tray icon section.I have tried...
  3. Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Other Tray Icons to the 'Other system tray icons' in Windows 11: When I go to pin a hidden icon to the taskbar tray icon section, it will only pin while that account is signed in, after logout or sleep or shutdown or restart the attached taskbar tray icon will go back into the 'Hidden icon menu' in the system tray icon section.I have tried...
  4. Windows 11 Microphone Icon Missing from system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microphone Icon Missing from system tray: Hi there,My microphone icon is missing in the system tray for windows, how do I fix this?I'm running Windows 11 Home 22H2, 22621.2428, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0 With an Alienware m15 laptop, I can't see the microphone icon at all in the system tray and...
  5. Windows 11 Microphone Icon Missing from system tray

Windows 11 Microphone Icon Missing from system tray: Hi there,My microphone icon is missing in the system tray for windows, how do I fix this?I'm running Windows 11 Home 22H2, 22621.2428, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22674.1000.0 With an Alienware m15 laptop, I can't see the microphone icon at all in the system tray and...
  6. Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing: I logged in one morning and the spacing of all the icons in my system tray has doubled. I can't recall whether there was a small Windows update that morning or not. I've searched online for a solution, but I've either found suggestion for 3rd party software no thanks or...
  7. Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing

Windows 11 System Tray Icon Spacing: I logged in one morning and the spacing of all the icons in my system tray has doubled. I can't recall whether there was a small Windows update that morning or not. I've searched online for a solution, but I've either found suggestion for 3rd party software no thanks or...
  8. Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Microphone icon in system tray: Hello.I was wondering, is there any way to completely get rid of the microphone icon on the system tray without including adding it onto the "Show hidden icons"?It's really annoying having that....
  9. This keeps appearing as a microphone icon in the system tray. Is this actually Windows or a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps appearing as a microphone icon in the system tray. Is this actually Windows or a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Blapman007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kevbrq/this_keeps_appearing_as_a_microphone_icon_in_the/
  10. how to disable microphone icon in system tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable microphone icon in system tray: but just the icon, no i dont want to HIDE it, or disable my mic, i want it not to appear, useless icon i dont want or need. i know the reson it was made, but for the people it was made for WONT SEE IT! and onoly the people wasnt made for will, so thanks <irrelevant content...