Windows 10: Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update

Discus and support Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have seen where there is an issue with Windows 10 and Defender not updating. I have the same problem with Windows 11. When I try to update I get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JackmEGRAN, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update

I have seen where there is an issue with Windows 10 and Defender not updating. I have the same problem with Windows 11. When I try to update I get error code 80070714. I have tried a multitude of fixes but nothing seems to work.

:)

JackmEGRAN, Jun 26, 2022

2. What the hell, windows defender?

https://www.av-test.org/en/antiviru...-2017/microsoft-windows-defender-4.12-174847/

28 False Positives in last 2 tests

John Naylor, Jun 26, 2022
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update

Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update

1. Windows 11 - Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not update - Similar Threads - Microsoft Defender Antivirus

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus: How do I uninstall McAfee and use Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 11 on an Inspiron 15 3501 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus/961a8fc2-ecaa-464c-b433-84342add715b
  3. Microsoft defender antivirus

Microsoft defender antivirus: I have installed and activated Bitdefender Total Security in my PC but Windows Update keeps trying to install a critical update for Microsoft defender antivirus no matter how many times I asked to ignore it.As it is expected, the installation procedure fails every time since...
  4. Microsoft defender antivirus

Microsoft defender antivirus: After running microsoft defender scans it doesn't give me any notifications like it used to notify before i even checked my settings all notifications regarding microsoft defender antivirus are turned on but still it's not giving me any notifications of scan results ..what do...
  5. microsoft defender antivirus

microsoft defender antivirus: i am trying to mine with my pc but the microsoft defender antivirus keeps flagging this as a threat and removes it. how do i stop this from deleting this every time? thank you...
  6. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 version 1.331.2263.0. I have gotten this update everyday for at least two weeks now. I update it, then it says you're up to date - But then it comes up again the day after. I have no ideas what's going on and why this happens....
  7. Problem Updating Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Problem Updating Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hello, I am currently on an old Image on Windows 10 basically the Antimalware Client isn't updated to its latest version. I don't know on how to install it as I seem to be running into a pickle of a update. My current version on the Microsoft Defender Antivirus Antimalware...
  8. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hello, I am currently on an old Image on Windows 10 basically the Antimalware Client isn't updated to its latest version. I don't know on how to install it as I seem to be running into a pickle of a update....
  9. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hi guys i have a problem with Microsoft Defender Antivirus *first i think the problem is i deleted a file or something from Microsoft Defender Antivirus and thats my problem *i cant find the app in settings and i cant see the antivirus icon in the taskbar and when i...
  10. Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Microsoft Defender Antivirus: In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus. According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:-...