Windows 10: windows 11,microsoft edge- charter security suite windows defender/f-secure

Discus and support windows 11,microsoft edge- charter security suite windows defender/f-secure in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello all- seen a few entries,but, not clear answers? running w-11,micro-edge. windows defender actively running. have charter security suite- f-secure... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mico123., Apr 29, 2022.

1. mico123. Win User

windows 11,microsoft edge- charter security suite windows defender/f-secure

hello all- seen a few entries,but, not clear answers? running w-11,micro-edge. windows defender actively running. have charter security suite- f-secure included. f-secure is prompting me to "turn on micro-edge extensions" for security? will this work w/ defender?what happens if i keep the sec.suite,dont enable the micro extensions? thank u, m

:)

mico123., Apr 29, 2022
  2. sakuro Win User

Security and Maintaince, Windows Defender, and 3rd party security

After accidentally updating to Windows 10 (If you want to know, I was trying to set it up to install a month or so later, but accidentally clicked the "install now" option. It must have been downloading in the background as, half an hour later, my computer restarts and began the upgrade.), Windows Defender got in my face saying my computer wasn't safe, it needed to update, and run a scan. I went along with the updating and scanning. Then I did some poking around after Windows Defender had started guarding over my computer. I found that the security suite I already use (Charter Security Suite, which they get from F-Secure) was running at the same time as Windows Defender.

Being away that it isn't the best idea to have to anti-virus/spyware/etc. suites running concurrently I went to the Security and Maintenance window to switch Windows Defender off and make the Charter Security Suite my primary security suite. But I couldn't. After clicking view installed apps under both virus and spyware protection "Computer Security" and "Windows Defender" were located. Weird. But "Computer Security" had the F-Secure logo. So I selected it, but the option to turn it on was greyed out. Likewise the option to the Windows Defender off was greyed out.

I have opened and was able to turn Windows Defender off (kind of, I stopped it'd real-time scans and other "off" options it presented) in the program itself. But looking under the Task Manager, under details, the program MsMpEng.exe (which I read is Window's Defender) is still running and sucking up resources. Likewise I opened up Charter Security Suite, ran an update, and generally made sure it was working. It is. Security and Maintenance just won't let me give it priority.

Admittedly I haven't done a huge heap of research into Windows 10. As mentioned previously I had planned to stay away from it for a while and let the initial kinks get sorted out. But Charter Security Suite didn't throw up any compatibility flags when Windows checked prior to the upgrade between Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

I'm not looking to change security suites. So please don't mention any. But I would like some advise, as I'm not a serious techie and have no idea what is causing this conflict. Am I the only person having this kind of issue? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Charter Security Suite? Would it be best to restore to Windows 8.1 and wait things out as I initially intended to? If I do, will I be able to get in on the free upgrade to Windows 10 again?

sakuro, Apr 29, 2022
  3. RahabR Win User
    will windows update with charter security suite turned on?

RahabR, Apr 29, 2022
  4. windows 11,microsoft edge- charter security suite windows defender/f-secure

If Charter security suite is an Antivirus, Windows update should work.

Sumit-Windows Insider MVP, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

windows 11,microsoft edge- charter security suite windows defender/f-secure

1. windows 11,microsoft edge- charter security suite windows defender/f-secure - Similar Threads - microsoft edge charter

2. MS Security suites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Security suites: I'm interested in security packages. Like Acronis Cyber Protect 15. Need intrusion protection.* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-security-suites/51828a8a-029c-41f6-9e08-d31bbfdd906b
  3. MS Security suites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Security suites: I'm interested in security packages. Like Acronis Cyber Protect 15. Need intrusion protection.* Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-security-suites/51828a8a-029c-41f6-9e08-d31bbfdd906b
  4. Windows Xp Suite Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Xp Suite Security: With Windows XP sp1-3 and standard being end of support how vulnerable are the non-desktop devices that still use these OSs? What are the best practices now? Truly curious as cyber security concerns are growing...
  5. Windows Xp Suite Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Xp Suite Security: With Windows XP sp1-3 and standard being end of support how vulnerable are the non-desktop devices that still use these OSs? What are the best practices now? Truly curious as cyber security concerns are growing...
  6. Windows Security/Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Microsoft Defender: Dear Microsoft Community I need help. Recently I saw the Windows Security's icon with red X mark symbol, then when I open the windows security the Threat service has stopped open and it requires me restart, but it always says error. I tried navigating...
  7. Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never...

Windows Security warns "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date," but I never...: My Windows Security icon in the taskbar is constantly red with an "Actions Needed" warning, but when I open it, the only issue is that "Security Suite by F-Secure protection is out of date." I never installed F-Secure and had never even heard of it until this issue came up....
  8. Windows Defender not as good as other Windows security suites - PC Mag

Windows Defender not as good as other Windows security suites - PC Mag: For a different perspective. Do You Really Need to Buy Antivirus or VPN Anymore? | PCMag 155471
  9. Windows Security Microsoft Edge

Windows Security Microsoft Edge: Edge is locked up with a request from buddhistorica.xyz for username and password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-microsoft-edge/e3f071ed-1b57-4e5d-8cae-db4b3dce347f
  10. Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite

Windows Defender vs. Norton Security Suite: Good morning all! I'm a few weeks into Windows 10. I uninstalled Norton Security Suite (free from Comcast) to install the upgrade. Windows Defender is doing its thing (I'm sure), but now I'm looking for thoughts on these two AV programs that are both available free to me....