Windows 10: Windows 11 - MS Paint

Discus and support Windows 11 - MS Paint in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why have the common popular shortucts been disabled?To do a Save As, I used to press Alt + F + A. It doesn't work anymore.Nor does Alt + F, or Alt + V... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Siddharth Rout, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - MS Paint

Why have the common popular shortucts been disabled?To do a Save As, I used to press Alt + F + A. It doesn't work anymore.Nor does Alt + F, or Alt + V so that I can peek the contents of the menu.This was raised here as well way back in May 2022https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint-revision-a-very-bad-change/b02c6d2b-8d9c-4b9e-9396-3cc0b5a68efaIs this feedback not important?Is MS not plannig to do anything about it?

:)

Siddharth Rout, Dec 7, 2022

2. MS Paint not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use Microsoft Paint on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

In this scenario, we would suggest you to check if you are able to launch Microsoft Paint from System32 folder.

1. Press Windows + E key to open
      File/Windows Explorer

2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32
    3. Double click on mspaint.exe
    4. If you are able to launch then Pin to Taskbar and
      create a shortcut.

If the issue persists then try these steps.

Step 1: Run DISM & SFC scan

We would also suggest you to run the DISM & SFC Scan tool to check if you are able to launch MS Paint, refer this article:
    System File Checker.

Step 2: Reinstall Microsoft Paint app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & features
      from left pane.
    3. Click on Optional features and select
      Microsoft Paint from the list.
    4. Click on Uninstall. Close
      Settings
      and restart the PC.
    5. Now perform step 1 and 2.
    6. Click on Optional features and click
      Add a feature.
    7. Check the box beside Microsoft Paint and click on
      Install.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 7, 2022
  3. MS Paint

Hi Tawm,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Press windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type “Paint” & select the paint icon & hit enter.

Method: 2

• Press windows + R.
    • Type “MSpaint” hit enter.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 7, 2022
  4. Windows 11 - MS Paint

ms Paint

Hi,

There are several ways to remove MS Paint. Let's try deleting the app from its file location. Follow the steps below:

• Type mspaint.exe in the search bar.
    • Right-click on mspaint.exe, and select Open file location.
    • Press Delete on your keyboard.
    • Follow the next instructions to remove the program.
    Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 11 - MS Paint

1. Windows 11 - MS Paint - Similar Threads - Paint

2. Paint Layers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint Layers: Hello.I would like to know what to do with the Layers I've created on Win 11 Paint?After many attempts I have managed to enter pictures into several layers but now don't know what to do with them. I've tried the instructions I found to merge them down and save them but all I...
  3. Paint Layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint Layers: Hello.I would like to know what to do with the Layers I've created on Win 11 Paint?After many attempts I have managed to enter pictures into several layers but now don't know what to do with them. I've tried the instructions I found to merge them down and save them but all I...
  4. Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.: I'm doing a project on paint that requires a few files to be 6x9 inches. On some, when I set the properties to that measurement, the ruler and measurements on the program state 6x9, and the pixels in the files properties correspond also to those measurements.However, on other...
  5. Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.

Image properties and actual size of image not the same in Paint.: I'm doing a project on paint that requires a few files to be 6x9 inches. On some, when I set the properties to that measurement, the ruler and measurements on the program state 6x9, and the pixels in the files properties correspond also to those measurements.However, on other...
  6. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  7. MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots

MS Paint - Enlarging or changing color of Resizing Dots: This has vexed me for 15 years.Is it possible to enlarge the resizing/cropping handle dots at the image edges in M.S. Paint the classic version in order to make them easier to see for someone who wears glasses.Something like changing a setting in the registry, or failing...
  8. Paint 3d project got covered in black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paint 3d project got covered in black: Hello, I was working on a project on Paint 3d. Most of what I had painted seemingly got deleted while the file itself remained. I am unable to undo this change, nor am I able to look at the undo history. I've tried going into the version history, but there's nothing there,...
  9. Paint 3d project got covered in black

Paint 3d project got covered in black: Hello, I was working on a project on Paint 3d. Most of what I had painted seemingly got deleted while the file itself remained. I am unable to undo this change, nor am I able to look at the undo history. I've tried going into the version history, but there's nothing there,...
  10. Pencil tool bugs out in MS Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pencil tool bugs out in MS Paint: So whenever I try using the pencil tool, it just doesn't draw the line where I want it to. The line isn't drawn where I place it down, and it later goes there if I keep drawing. Its impossible to click and expect a dot to show up either. Undoing it doesn't do anything either....