Windows 10: Windows 11 - My screen "flashes" occasionally

Discus and support Windows 11 - My screen "flashes" occasionally in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am running Win 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22624.1470.Occasionally when I am working at the PC, I see a "flash" on one of my 2 monitors. It looks like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kevin Brady1, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Windows 11 - My screen "flashes" occasionally

I am running Win 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22624.1470.Occasionally when I am working at the PC, I see a "flash" on one of my 2 monitors. It looks like a rectangle pops up but it happens too fast for me to discern any content. I "think" it might be related to a Windows event. The last few times this happened my Application event log shows an ID of 1001 Fault bucket INVALID_REQUEST and before that 16384 Software Protection scheduled, and my System log shows 10016 permission settings. Could these be related to the screen flash?All my drivers are up to date and I have no other issues. The fl

:)

Kevin Brady1, Mar 28, 2023

2. Screen flashing occasionally; What is it?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issue with flashing screen We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
    I suggest you to uninstall the graphics card driver and install the latest driver from the manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Uninstall the Device Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software
      for this device
      ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please open the Device Manager again and then click on the “Scan for hardware changes” button. Check if Windows 8.1 detects the Graphics Card device and installs an appropriate driver automatically.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the Computer Manufacturer’s website and search for the Windows 8.1 compatible drivers for the graphics card and install it successfully on the computer.

Install and Update the drivers in Windows 10.

Redirecting

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 28, 2023
  3. jmndotme Win User
    Screen flashing occasionally; What is it?

Since upgrading to Windows 10 (which installation was smooth and uneventful), there has been, and still occurs, the occasional, very quick screen flashes. It is intermittent and inconsistent re when it happens.

I have chosen to personalize my Desktop to my own Theme, which is a Taupe-coloured screen for when I am not using any apps.

I have also chosen to change the Settings for Text Size for Menu Names, browser address bar text, Tooltips, and for Icons that appear on my desktop, eg Recycle Bin and my own letterhead document icon. The icons on my Taskbar are still the standard size.
    And, for instance, inputting text into this post editor is slightly larger than it would be normally (now size 11 points), which all means things are a lot easier to read. I wear spectacles and have cataracts forming in one eye, hence trying to ease my reading
    on the PC and reduce the amount of light emitting from the screen when in an idle state. The screensaver is de-activated.

However, the screen flashing happened even before I changed these settings.

The Lock screen is standard Windows 10 theme.

Any clear-cut advice as to what this could be would be appreciated, as well as any instruction on how to fix this. Thanks.

jmndotme, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Windows 11 - My screen "flashes" occasionally

Adobe Flash message in IE 11

Hi Sandra,

To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you disable the add-ons in Internet Explorer 11. For step by step instructions, go to this

link
    , then look for the title Turning off and removing add-ons.

We also suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 through these steps:

• Go to Internet Explorer then click the Gear icon.
    • Choose Internet options > Advanced.
    • Click Reset.

(Note: If you have added Favorites, back up them first before resetting the browser. )

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Regards.

Karla Alm, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows 11 - My screen "flashes" occasionally

1. Windows 11 - My screen "flashes" occasionally - Similar Threads - screen flashes occasionally

2. Windows 11 - My screen "flashes" occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - My screen "flashes" occasionally: I am running Win 11 Pro 22H2 OS build 22624.1470.Occasionally when I am working at the PC, I see a "flash" on one of my 2 monitors. It looks like a rectangle pops up but it happens too fast for me to discern any content. I "think" it might be related to a Windows event. The...
  3. occasionally my windows 11 computer crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    occasionally my windows 11 computer crashes: my computer whether I'm playing a game, doing work or not using it at all. it will randomly go into repair mode and give me the options of restarting your pc or advanced options. I have pressed restart pc and continue to windows 11 neither have fixed this issue. i am using a...
  4. CMD window flashes occasionally while I am on my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD window flashes occasionally while I am on my PC.: Nothing in the window that I can see and it disappears almost instantly. In my StartUp apps there is this app: a7e3deb216e4619f65433aa5cb328. I have stopped it from starting when I boot my PC. When I search for the app it shows up as a shortcut with this target...
  5. CMD window flashes occasionally while I am on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD window flashes occasionally while I am on my PC.: Nothing in the window that I can see and it disappears almost instantly. In my StartUp apps there is this app: a7e3deb216e4619f65433aa5cb328. I have stopped it from starting when I boot my PC. When I search for the app it shows up as a shortcut with this target...
  6. CMD window flashes occasionally while I am on my PC.

7. Screen flashing problem Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing problem Windows 11: My desktop screen flashes everytime and the file explorer crashes when i move my cursor to the icons at taskbar taskbar window preview. I think it is something wrong with my explorer.exe. Need some help to fix it....
  8. Screen flashing problem Windows 11

Screen flashing problem Windows 11: My desktop screen flashes everytime and the file explorer crashes when i move my cursor to the icons at taskbar taskbar window preview. I think it is something wrong with my explorer.exe. Need some help to fix it....
  9. Black screen flashes twice occasionally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen flashes twice occasionally: Momentary black screen, content reappears for 1/4 sec, another black screen and then display is normal. This happens on a regular cycle, about 10 or 15 minutes. Sometimes there is a soft audio "pop" sound....
  10. Desktop icons occasional flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons occasional flash: It's not very often at all but now and then the desktop icons will refresh in a split second, is this normal? I also use fast start/boot. It's very quick, goes through bios and login screen is instant but the icons don't all pop up on my desktop immediately, some of them...